1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Guide To Setting Up Reseller?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by ChopSuey, Dec 28, 2009.

I wanted to start my own hosting company, i just bought a reseller account.
    There any useful info on how to create plans, & packages for people to purchase?
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum, suuper new to this. :) Thanks.

ChopSuey, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  2. hostwebdata

hostwebdata Peon

Best Answers:
    we need more info: like
    countrol panel
    billing software
    ext

did u get any off these with your reselling account

hostwebdata, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  3. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    well its easy if u go to WHM u can just figure it out by doing some searching

Bohra, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  4. tolra

tolra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Assuming you have a cPanel reseller account then:

You can create packages by loging into WHM then on the left side in the package menu click Add a Package. You will be presented with a form to complete which describes your package, information such as disk space, amount of bandwidth per month all goes in there.

You need to create 1 package for each hosting plan you intend to sell.

When a client buys from you then you create an account using the appropriate package.

To do that look on the left for Account Functions and then Create a New Account, when you click that you will be presented with a form to complete. As part of that form you are asked to select the package to use, all the packages you created in the previous step should be listed there. Click Create and sit back and wait for cPanel to create the account with the given package settings and you are done.

Everything you could ever want to know about WHM is documented at http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/WHMDocs/WebHome but as a reseller you will not have access to all that functionality.

If your host does as we do and provides resellers with a free copy of a billing software package, then you should look at that after creating your packages above.

Billing software should automate the process of allowing clients to select and pay for a hosting plan, it should then automatically create the account for them and email them the login details.

It is the billing software where you set the prices and the textual descriptions of the plans that buyers see. If you get this working before you start taking on customers then it makes your life easier. The billing software generally also includes a ticket system through which your customers can contact you for support.

There's not much I can say here other than look at the install guide for the software and go from there they are generally pretty self explanatory, your host should be able to answer any questions you have. Generally it's either Clientexec or WHMCS that's provided.

tolra, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  5. ChopSuey

ChopSuey Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the very useful information guys, i just set up everything, but i cannot link WHCMS to WHM. the packages & stuff. It was really confusing, the documents are helpful but i don't understand.

ChopSuey, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  6. tolra

tolra Active Member

Best Answers:
    We use ClientExec rather than WHCMS so my advice would be to ask WHCMS directly for help, it's their software so they should be able to sort you out.

tolra, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  7. dlanor

dlanor Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you gotten the correct hash access from your WHM to put in WHMCS?

dlanor, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  8. ChopSuey

ChopSuey Peon

Best Answers:
    My friend has not done it yet, i don't know how to do it & will take awhile :|

ChopSuey, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  9. dlanor

dlanor Peon

Best Answers:
    In your whmcs -> setup -> servers
    1. add new server
    2. fill in the necessary information you receive from your provider
    3. under Type, select Cpanel
    4. put in your hash key (retrieve from whm -> setup remote access key
    5. create new group
    6. select a server you want to fill, then click add, then save changes

The above is to let WHMCS get access to your servers for account creation, and configure how you want which service to add to which servers and how you want it to be filled. This is assuming you have servers, in real scenario, just replace it with your reseller account.

In your whmcs -> setup -> product/services
    1. create a group
    2. create a product under the group
    3. edit your product by going to second last icon on your right
    4. edit everything accordingly, your package need to have the same as the one you created in WHM (if you have not created, you will need to create a package in WHM)

This is to let WHMCS add those packages for you and on which server group.

I would say, my experience with WHMCS is all trial-and-error. You need to play with it with different kind of settings, if not, you will have difficulty understanding the product. Of course, if you are currently hosting customers, it will be wised to use the development license from WHMCS to play around with it, this is only available to direct customers of WHMCS.

dlanor, Jan 3, 2010 IP
    ChopSuey likes this.
  10. hostwebdata

hostwebdata Peon

Best Answers:
    make a test account in whmcs and then buy a test hosting from your whmcs to find out if your whmcs is working

hostwebdata, Jan 4, 2010 IP
    ChopSuey likes this.
  11. ChopSuey

ChopSuey Peon

Best Answers:
    NOW i need to create .html pages or .php pages any way i can do that? I don't want to hire anyone.....
    Im broke as heck, how do people create those kinds of pages? I never really got on how to do it.

ChopSuey, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  12. tamer1009

tamer1009 Peon

Best Answers:
    does your reseller account have cPanel and WHM?
    then i will strongly recommend you WHMCS to manage your customers :)
    but if you want a FREE alternative, you should go for phpCOIN, it's easy and editable.

btw: you won't be a 'hosting company', you are just a reseller.
    you are a company if you have your OWN servers in a dc.

i can help you setting up mate, just pm me.

edit: ididdnt read the topic sorry for that, but you must open the ports so WHMCS can connect to WHM.

tamer1009, Jan 5, 2010 IP
    ChopSuey likes this.
  13. ChopSuey

ChopSuey Peon

Best Answers:
    I do have cPanel/WHM you must have read wrong. I also DO have WHCMS... -_-
    I'll send you a PM.

ChopSuey, Jan 5, 2010 IP