1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest * Famous $100 48 hr PSD Only Contest: Kid Site! *

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by oneawesomeguy, Dec 21, 2009.

1. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey guys!

The contest is over for new entries. (Next time Raj!)

I will review all entries over the next few days and announce a winner here as I always do!

Great work everyone! I love what I am seeing!

oneawesomeguy, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  2. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey Guys!

I have already reviewed all entries and chosen a winner. The winner, jokomamamita, has been informed via PM. Before I put up all my comments, I have a quick question: There was one other design I particularly liked. Should I give that design a second place prize of $50 (same rules as the first place winner applies)? I want this to be fair.

-Christopher

oneawesomeguy, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  3. The Peoples SEO

The Peoples SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Congrats Jokomamamita, also I'm sure second place wouldn't mind abiding by the same rules...

The Peoples SEO, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  4. lejka

lejka Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Congrats to the winner! Thanks for the contest!
    As for CH's question about 2nd place prize I agree with The Peoples SEO.

lejka, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  5. track

track Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i'm sure there's no problem for the 2nd place to "obey" the same rules.
    Congrats for the winner!

track, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  6. zearth

zearth Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yeah.. no problem if you wanted a second design you liked :)

zearth, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  7. Nasweefpn

Nasweefpn Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am agree with CH's question and Congrats for the winner!

Nasweefpn, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  8. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay guys. I will offer the second place winner a prize, but not obligation to take it. Details at end of this message.

Now, some comments on the beautiful design work I received during this contest.

==COMMENTS ON DESIGN==

track: I loved the colours in your design! All the colours really go well together and really make the website appear as a child's website. The giraffe and grass in your header image was so cute and nice-looking also. I loved them--my favourite part of the design. I loved how your website already looks kind of like I imagined it. It has the rating system, it has some nice sidebar features. This was very well thought out. Nice job. I think this is the first contest of mine you entered, but I hope to see more work from you in other contests!

cool_ghani: I loved the colours of your design as well. They seem to fit in perfectly with the design and blue and white together go really nice. I did not like the Cinderella for two reasons: it may be some kind of Disney trademark or something like that, and because the website will also be targeted at boys. I really liked how your layout was structed. I liked having the login and search on the left (not something you usually see). I also really liked having a spot for popular tags and popular stories. Wonderful job!

stardesigns99: Great to see you in another contest. Your work is always excellent! I love green, but when looking at other designs, thought that blue may have fit in better with stories for little kids (though green is gender-neutral so I don't know...). I loved your register button right in the middle of the page! I looks nice in the design layout and would probably get a lot of people to register. I also liked all the little rounded boxes you used in the design. They look real nice. Wonderful job as always! Note on revision: I thought the kid reading the book was probably one of the coolest pictures I have seen all week. Keep this design handy for future contests!

Nasweefpn: Your design was great! The person I am doing this website for really liked your design and had a hard time picking. I really liked your menu with the different colours and I really liked your background. I also really liked the little children images you used throughout the website. I couldn't decide on which colour I liked best, but love the option that you gave with all three different colours. Awesome work!!

lejka: I loved your menu! Loved the cute little monkey guy. He could be a mascot for the design! I liked the sample images you had for each story, and I loved all your little sections: the featured stories, the new stories, the tag, the register now section, etc. I can tell you thought a lot about your design and it really shows. You did such a nice job I hope you enter all my future contests!

Satchii: Your design was one of my favourites. I was just so amazed when I saw how different the design was from what we are used to. It took a lot of creativity! I also loved how you had a change log and detailed everything in your posts. Please see the end of this post.

zearth: I loved your logo and I loved the zebra next to it! Nice job! I also liked the stock photo of the kid to the right. I got the feeling the zebra was for the kids and the picture was for the parents.

Jose (The Peoples SEO): I love your style and love how honest you are! I was confused for a minute with the link to a html page. I love the vines. I also really love the mom with her daughter reading off the computer screen. I love how right on the homepage you have a featured stories and a latest stories section. I also love what you included in the sidebar. Great job Jose! I do hope you will enter feature contests!

jokomamamita: Great job on the design. You are the contest winner! I personally really liked the giraffe and elephant, but the two people who I am making this website for told me they thought it was too babyish and needed to be more childish... whatever that means... Similar to Jose's design, I loved the kid reading on his laptop. It makes it easier to know what the website is about. Nice job!

orionoreo: I liked the green for your design. I also loved how clean and crisp everything is. The website seems really organized which is one of the most important things for me. I also liked all your little boxes. The only thing your design may have been missing is some child-friendly images like some of the other designs had. I loved your design however and hope to see more work from you in the future!

: Thanks for submitting an entry. I love your work! I loved the menu with the different colours! I loved the big font--great for children! I also loved how colourful the design is! It is very very child-friendly, but also great for adults to look at! I really loved this design!

divineworld: I loved your design a lot! I couldn't pick it however due to all the copyrighted images from Disney and Pixar, etc. I just didn't want Disney finding me and suing me because I used their images. Besides that however, I loved the chartoonish theme of the website. I liked the child-friendly fonts. They were fun! Great job!

==SECOND PLACE?==

Satchii wins an honorary second place due to her creativity in this contest. I will leave it up to her if she wants to accept the official second place winnings of $50 with the same rules as the first place winner (see openning post "Rules" section).

Great job everyone! I am always so impressed by the designs I see on here. If anybody has any comments or wants to make my contests better, please send me a PM!

oneawesomeguy, Jan 4, 2010 IP
    lejka likes this.
  9. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    oneawesomeguy, Jan 4, 2010 IP
    Satchii likes this.
  10. jokomamamita

jokomamamita Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for picking my design and thanks guys! A great contest once again by Chris. ;)

Payment received and files sent. Cheers to all. :)

jokomamamita, Jan 4, 2010 IP