1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Effectively use Twitter as a soical marketing Tool

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by dorothykinder, Dec 23, 2009.

Hello Everyone,

I do have a twitter account but i am not able to market my websites using twitter as a social media as i would like to know the methods of how to promote my websites using twitter.

dorothykinder, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  2. fetch-boy

fetch-boy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As with any content you put out, it needs to be engaging and original, and you need to participate in discussions. Hopefully then you can build up your follower count when people.

fetch-boy, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  3. markdb_sem

markdb_sem Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to build followers by following relevant (Non-Spammy) people and engaging in conversations, try to be as active as possible and you will gain followers of your own. Once you receive a few followers publish some original content, a blog post or a PR piece, tweet about it and inculde a link to the piece. It's important that you don't push your product onto new followers as you will lose them.

Simply provide links to information you think they will find interesting, then if you want you could use the blog post or PR piece to advertise your product or services.

Eventually, if you do it right you will gain a loyal following that will listen and respect your advice and opinions and will gladly look at your products or services as trust has been earned.

[Tip] Try using WEFOLLOW to find relevant people to follow based upon your chosen keywords and fill out your details to gain relevant followers of your own.

markdb_sem, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  4. ArickL

ArickL Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter won't work for trying to market on that platform, your goal should be to get them away from Twitter ie: blog/Facebook/opt-in list and your success ratio will be better.

ArickL, Dec 26, 2009 IP
  5. Organs

Organs Peon

Best Answers:
    The effect of twitter marketing varies dramatically from niche to niche, so you should take that into condieration.

Organs, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  6. Chawman

Chawman Peon

Best Answers:
    Never hard sell. As the other said, it has to be conversational and interesting. Participate, RT, engage. The whole key, wrapped up into a nutshell, is PRE-sell.

Chawman, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  7. ArickL

ArickL Peon

Best Answers:
    The site buzzom dot com will allow you to enter your Twitter profile and check your stats. It tells you if you need to RT more and or reply to your tweeple. It also gives you a rating.

ArickL, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  8. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are selling targeted stuff to twitter users then you can use website called tweetbuyer.com to find interested people intrested to buy the stuff you are selling. Also, a great amount of twitter as marketing tool tutorials are available in this website: thetwittermethod.com - they also send you a free DVD just for the price of shipping. (PS It is not my site).

Traffic-Bug, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  9. seohelp2a

seohelp2a Peon

Best Answers:
    Fine buddy, I have some few suggestions initially you must fill out your bio,Explain to your followers what retweeting is and encourage them to retweet your links, follow the top twitter users and watch what they tweet.Try this out and increase the traffic to your websites

seohelp2a, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  10. Manesh

Manesh Peon

Best Answers:
    great infor. thks

Manesh, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  11. trafficaddict

trafficaddict Guest

Best Answers:
    Build followers
    Build relationship

Use tools to automate most of the tasks

trafficaddict, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  12. Nazbir

Nazbir Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didnt get much sucess with twitter .... as i got with facebook ...

Nazbir, Feb 21, 2010 IP