1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

77% of Gaza women face violence

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ChaosTrivia, Dec 30, 2009.

1. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    so you see the shameless mockery of the dead kids differently and don't condemn the words of wwws ... now that tells us a lot :rolleyes:

and yes, what you post from govt of isreal site is propaganda? don't you consider what hamas says as propaganda ?

new, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think you're just trying to distract, and avoid answering my question. This is so ridiculous, but I'll play.

You ask my opinion on another posters comments - so I comply here.

Then you claim that I failed to answer the question, which by the way, was never asked..
    Again, I comply with that request here.

Then you complain I didn't respond to a comment that wwws made, "stop dragging your dramas to us, it's your fault and no one else" and I told you I had, and thought we interpreted it differently - and referred you to that post. Why don't you read what I actually said?

Now you're back saying...
    New - I just reread the comment made by wwws, and I don't see the shameless mockery of kids. Period. What I see in the "stop dragging your dramas to us" remark is a reaction that was directed squarely at your behavior, not to the kids. So, it's not that I see the shameless mockery of kids differently, it's that I didn't see it at all. Therefore, what to condemn? To confirm how I feel, is that those kids are just innocent, they didn't deserve that. It's not a joke, it's a tragedy.

Now, can you answer my question?
    Edit: You know the .gov site is credible, but if you want to pretend as if it's not, I'll be happy to start posting links. If you could just answer the question "do you feel it's justified to attack Israelis whether or not they are in active duty military?"

In other words, do you feel that it's justified to attack Israeli citizens that are NOT currently serving in active duty military. Then expand on that to include whether you feel those that are in active duty military, should be fair game for suicide attackers, whether or not they are engaged in conflict at that moment.

Oh, look at this - it says the Hamas spokesman Ayman Taha praised the 2008 Dimona suicide bombing as a "glorious act". It was a suicide attack against civilians in a shopping mall - Gosh New, isn't Hamas the group you support?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
    Rebecca, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  3. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I have already answered you about 911 why do you think that my answer would be any different ?

OK, now if you want to give the benefit of doubt to wwws and turn blind to it than its your choice, however the hate and mockery was pretty obvious

credibility and isreali govt ... so they are themselves the judge and the accused ... they are a party in conflict why would any neutral person take their word for anything without investigating
    and of-course you can post from other sites, there is no dearth of hate and propaganda sites

new, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  4. nancy_18am

nancy_18am Peon

Best Answers:
    i`m with you 100% of GAZA people are facing violence
    the violence of the most bloody country in the history
    the most terrorist country in the history
    they face ISRAEL

nancy_18am, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  5. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now did you get those rankings off of David Letterman's top ten list, or Osama Bin Laden's?:D

I think I heard Letterman making some joke or other about it. It went something like, "Why do they put dog crap in the corner of Palestinian weddings?". For the life of me, I cant remember the punch line.

Obamanation, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Will you please answer the question directly, New? This might help...

1. Do you believe it's justified to attack Israeli citizens that are NOT currently serving in active duty military?
    a. Yes, I do.
    b. No, I don't.

2. Do you believe it's justified to attack Israeli citizens in active duty military, even if they are not engaged in conflict at that moment?
    a. Yes, I do.
    b. No, I don't.

An additional question...

Hamas has claimed responsibility for many suicide attacks against civilians (If you need examples, I'll be happy to provide them), and has actively recruited and trained suicide bombers. This is not disputed. You said, "the murder of one innocent person is the murder of the whole of humanity." So, in your judgement, is Hamas operating in violation of islamic principles?

Rebecca, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  7. new

new Peon

Best Answers:

unlike your friends, who find it OK to massacre dozens, in pretext of 'own security' and 'chasing terrorists' and than you see that 'differently', I don't condone the murder of civilians

new, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  8. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Who does? Do you condone attacking from behind civilians, or from mosques?

Obamanation, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  9. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
  10. Jeccles

Jeccles Peon

Best Answers:
    OMG for once can we PLEASE stick to the topic!:mad:

Jeccles, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  11. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    The issue of human rights, and women and children rights in specific, is an important issue always, but sadly, it's importance is often wasted in the mix between it and other issues, which will result in not addressing this issue or any other issue, which is also what those who use the issue of injustice against women, as a tool to justify other injustices, in more clear words:

some will tend to defend Hamas and all their actions, including mistreating women and children (assuming that this is true) because they (Hamas) are calling for a just cause which is to liberate Palestine from the brutal Zionist occupation,

and some others, will tend to attack Hamas, and all their actions including the call to end occupation and/or fighting the corruption that been planted and spread by previous governments - because they treat women badly (again assuming that they do so) or better to say, some will try to defend and justify occupation, because women under Hamas rule are being treated badly, without knowing how women been treated before Hamas, and whether it is Hamas who is directly responsible for this or not?

in that case a person here must be asked, whom are you defending? Palestinian women, or the occupation that is responsible for 100% of women, children, facing violence, poverty, and other horribles and which Hamas and all Palestinians are calling for its end?

The OP's dishonesty (Israel's dishonesty in general) in this will make it hard to attract attention to the issue of women, and at the same time, it will make it hard to attract attention to the issue of occupation, which I think is what the OP wants, to distract attention from the main issue, without caring much if all about Palestinian women.

Women, do not want to be treated badly, of course, and before that, they do not want a Zionist occupation.

Another proof of the OP's dishonesty when dealing with such issues, is his ridiculing and discrediting every info that comes from a Palestinian source, and criticizing their education, and their ability to make studies, and sometimes their ability to even understand, while here, we see him so eager to promote this study, despite it is also from a Palestinian source,

not saying that this study is not accurate or not true, but more saying despite the so-called Israel often try to portray Hamas as ruthless, against freedom of speech and democracy ..etc, we are able to see that such organizations do exist in Palestine and under Hamas rule, this is something that should be encouraged, it is good to see that Palestinian women organizations are able to work freely in Gaza and publish their studies, this is an important step to fight injustice or discrimination or bad treatment against women, thanks for this organization, and for Hamas for making this possible.

And for their courage in publishing this study, while knowing it will be first used by the so-called Israel not to try to find solutions for this problem, but to try to look better, and to justify their crimes and occupation,

by this, Palestinians show, that they are more concerned about ending women suffer, than trying to look better or deny, while the so-called Israel shows that they are more interested in using women suffer in a disgusting way to justify occupation, or look better, when so many women in the so-called Israel are suffering without even being able to talk about it.

A first and essential step to find a solution to such problem, is to admit that it does exist, then try to find who/what is responsible for it, then put plans to end it, something that does not exist in the so-called Israel, where people there are still living a state of denial when it is about domestic violence, and where it takes 3x times more for a Jewish women to leave their abusers, than in non-Jewish women.

I also sense in the OP's post a hidden try to attach mistreating women to Islam, even though it is enough to know that this is not true just from seeing the OP whispering it and not saying it directly, in my next post, I will talk a little about this issue in case somebody else got that false image the OP is trying to whisper in their minds,

the US community is an open society for people from different religions and cultures, how do different religions and beliefs treat their women under the US community? have any idea? I will give you an idea in my next post, later today or tomorrow, as I need to go now :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
    imad, Jan 6, 2010 IP
  12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Amazing that you think this thread is somehow about Hamas. Did you read any of the original links? This thread is about Palestinian women facing abuse.

Don't you have enough threads about the so-called "Occupation" of the so-called Palestine? A thread about the issues of women in Palestine is exactly that, and does not need to be drowned out in your usual complaints of a so-called occupation.

You have polled all these women? Where is your evidence? I would love to see a poll amongst Palestinian women alone asking the question, "Would you be ok with an Israeli government if it would bring about an end to the violence against Palestinian women?"

No, its not in his post, but you get that feeling because you people worldwide are aware abuse of women is common place in countries under Islamic law. Thats right, the entire world has heard of Honor Killings and beatings for minor infractions, and Berkas, and...

So you really believe that anything close to 77% of women face violence in Israel? Any statistics to back that claim up? As far as solving the problem goes, it is simple. First of all you have to change the cultural bias that says abuse of women is OK. Then, you have to put laws on the books to outlaw such activities, assuming your territory has laws and the people who legislate them don't regularly break them themselves. Then you have to enforce those laws, assuming you have a functioning law enforcement agency that is not entirely corrupt and part of a culture that thinks abuse of women is Allahs will. Of course the laws, and law enforcement are secondary. The most important thing is having a population (male and female, but mostly male) that thinks it is wrong.

Here comes the, "Its OK for 77% of women in the so-called Palestine to face violence because women in other cultures (<5%?) face domestic violence" excuse. You are going to have a hard time extracting the needle from your brother's eye with a timber in your own (sorry for the biblical reference).

Its off topic, but I'll say this to your Hamas praising. Your first group of terrorist leadership, the PLO, looked like it was going to achieve peace in this decade. It took a long time for their terrorist roots to settle into a semi-legitimate political party, Fatah, and make steps to what could have been a lasting peace for your region. In 2005, Hamas took over and flushed 40 years of progress down the toilet. Perhaps in 40 years, Hamas will be back where Fatah was in 2005. I'm sure that pisses you off, but your people elected them to office, probably because they don't like the idea that peace requires compromise. As they say, a people deserve their leaders.

Obamanation, Jan 6, 2010 IP