1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter profile page PR4, How it is possible?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by diyakapoor, Jan 1, 2010.

Suddenly I got PR4 for my twitter profile page. Please tell me how this is possible.

I do lots of seo activities on my website (http://www.funfilms.in/), but it is still pr3, then how twitter profile page can get PR4.

Please tell me some more advantages of twitter.

diyakapoor, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  2. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about it. It's due to the internal Twitter links. If you can see, most of the twitter profile pages got high PR suddenly if they follow a good amount of people. But as it is no follow, there is no value it.

saurabhj, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  3. altax

altax Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter has "no follow" attribute so there will be no affect in PR. Twitter helps you in bringing traffic to your site. Twitter will have PR4 because of its in-bound links with in them.

altax, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  4. pssajit

pssajit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had a similar question regarding the Pagerank of one my sites Alexa pages. I found the answers to the question and I just posted the same a few minutes back in a thread under the heading - "UNEXPLAINABLE PROOF!......"

I am just copying and pasting the answer that I found from the same post -

:cool: "I found two factors which should have influenced the sudden Page Rank noticed in my original thread above:

1. Internal Page Linking - As “Canonical” mentioned, most probably Alexa might have worked out some internal page links from its higher ranking pages to the page which lists my website, resulting in higher page rank to the same. But a question still remains that why this phenomenon does not occur to other sites registered in Alexa (including new sites which are registered - I had few of my other sites which was registered along with this site, which never showed up any Google Pagerank).

2. It goes back to my statement in the thread that I used to visit the Alexa Page which had my site listed often. After reading the below article from Wikipedia, its pretty clear that my constant visit probably too had some effect on the Pagerank of the page listed in the original thread (Points to be noted - My browser has Google Toolbar installed which I have given permission to send all my browsing info back to Google; My understanding so far is that this phenomenon can only be noticed very clear on sites which are already with a Good Pagerank on their homepage):

Information as quoted from wikipedia.com (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank):

"The intentional surfer model

The original PageRank algorithm reflects the so-called random surfer model, meaning that the PageRank of a particular page is derived from the theoretical probability of visiting that page when clicking on links at random. However, real users do not randomly surf the web, but follow links according to their interest and intention. A page ranking model that reflects the importance of a particular page as a function of how many actual visits it receives by real users is called the intentional surfer model[15]. The Google toolbar sends information to Google for every page visited, and thereby provides a basis for computing PageRank based on the intentional surfer model."

Read more at Wikipedia's link that I have mentioned. So Guys install Google Toolbar on your browser if you have not done so far and start visiting your own websites!!

Other than the Google Toolbar, I also understand that you can pass information about your web pages (which are not indexed) if you ping the pages sometimes using the tools mentioned below (I got this valuable info from Warrior Forum post - http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...nus-links.html - I am not connected to the product mentioned in this link and I am not trying to promote it in anyway - just it has useful info):

Firefox Ping-O-Matic Button | AchieveItMarketing.com
    Pingomatic Bookmarklet - Ping Any Page Any Time "

pssajit, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  5. namita007

namita007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Friends!

Don't worry it can't responsible to increase your back link and page rank because twitter is no follow you can only increase the traffic from this site to adding more friends and followers. if it show the pr 4 it show their own link.

namita007, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  6. pssajit

Best Answers:

Yes -its true that a nofollow will not pass the complete link juice but its still suggested by many internet gurus not to ignore links on solid website like Twitter etc. Its noticed that the link still gives some benefit to the website. As an example the below snapshot from the Google Webmasters tools shows a link from wikipedia to one my website. So even though wikipedia is also no follow, but still the link does show up in the webmasters tools links. Also the link had huge benefit to my website. Its a single page website with utterly useless content but still it managed to get a PR3 in 2 months's time (after it was registered).

[​IMG]

pssajit, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  7. Lalucochin

Lalucochin Active Member

Best Answers:
    My twitter is also PR 4. The reason is that the twitter homepage passes page rank to twitter profile pages. Hope this answer resolves your doubt.

Lalucochin, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  8. pssajit

Best Answers:

Just like to add this - The phenomenon noticed here for those who are active on their profile page. Probably the owner of that profile or his/her friends might be visiting the page often. This probably resuts in the page gaining some advantage (like interlinking from other pages of Twitter with high PR). My twitter profile has zero PR because I am not active on Twitter.

Also as I stated in my post earlier, probably the google toolbar is also passing the visit info back to Google and triggering the "intentional surfer model Pagerank algorithm" - which in turn might be also giving some PR advantage to the page(though not much advantage this way, unless hundreds of people armed with with Google Toolbar on their browser visit the profile page daily from hundreds of unique IP addresses and unique network subnets).

Though this might seems to be a not a critical discussion topic, but the phenomenon described here gives a good feel of how the whole Pageranking mechanism works! (like how the internal page linking can make a huge difference to the pagerank of a partcular page in the website)

pssajit, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  9. coreboy

coreboy Member

Best Answers:
    yes, twitter just give you "no follow" link
    it's not important for your backlink

coreboy, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  10. jonathonhewitt

jonathonhewitt Active Member

Best Answers:
    A Twitter page is just like any other page on the web, if there is daily changes on it and link building going on around it that is relevant to the pages content, you will see your page rank go up. I have over 20,000 followers on Twitter and have listed myself on every Twitter directory there is, many of which are do follow and very relevant.

It does benefit you to have a higher ranking Twitter profile page because it will make its way to the to top of search's more often. With the way I see it, every piece of content about you on the web needs to be optimized, your own website of course combined with all of your social profiles and feeds.

jonathonhewitt, Jan 3, 2010 IP
    sithburns likes this.
  11. sithburns

sithburns Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you had success in actually optimizing a twitter page on it's own?

sithburns, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  12. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    google is indexing tweets easily so if you have lots of follower then your account is always active then it may have good PR......................

abhijit, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  13. sushilfame

sushilfame Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes ..a twitter profile page can give a lot of traffic ..and it has high pr because of it's home page ..

sushilfame, Jan 4, 2010 IP