1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how can I disable local handling of email on my server?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by SIAWebDesign, Jan 2, 2010.

Hi All,

I've decided to go with google email services for my website instead of managing email directly on my server. Everything works fine now except sending local emails. I can send emails to outside email addresses from my server and outside emails sent to my addresses get handled by google email fine.

Now the problem is if I'm trying to send support emails or any email from a local address (apache) to my support email address. This gets handled by my local server and tries to send an email to the local "support" user which doesn't exist so it bounces.

So how can I change my server so that any email sent locally also get sent to the emails hosted by google (external addresses)? If it matters, I'm using postfix on my server.

Thanks a lot for any help.

SIAWebDesign, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  2. Ladadadada

Ladadadada Peon

Best Answers:
    Add a line to the end of /etc/alias that tells your server where to send local addresses. That way anything for root@localhost will be redirected to whatever email address you put in that file next to the root entry.

Ladadadada, Jan 3, 2010 IP