1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

At what point is it keyword stuffing?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mrdeflation, Jan 1, 2010.

Just wondering here...

I am making a new page for one of my websites. I want to put 6 keywords in the url and the same six keywords in the meta title.

the last time I did that the page was listed on the first page for a couple days and then BAM.... 2 days later GOOGLE completely de-indexed the page!

Now its nowhere to be found on google search.

However I see many websites with the same sort of set up -- same keywords in the url and the title tag..

So at what point is it considered keyword stuffing?

mrdeflation, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  2. Camay123

Camay123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its about density.

its about looking natural.

url might be less important, but title and h1 are not for keyword stuffing. if it is not readable like a sentence with proper ratio of keywords it will look more natural.

Title: "Cat food" will propably rank worse then "Dry and wet Cat food in Can"

You still have your keyword but it look more natural.

Camay123, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  3. redthehat

redthehat Peon

Best Answers:
    I could safely assume that by putting 6 keywords into your URL, that would be clasified as stuffing.

Think of it this way. The more keywords that you stuff, the less potent it is.

If you are creating a website on music, adn want to write about music, and everything to do with music so that people who like music can download music and buy music and share music with their other friends who like music then you dont want to stuff the keyword music too much on your website about music. Get my drift?

redthehat, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  4. mrdeflation

mrdeflation Member

Best Answers:

Do you think its a problem to have the exact same Meta Title and H1 on the same page?

5. redthehat

redthehat Peon

Best Answers:
    Having the same Meta Title and H1 might possibly be bad, not too sure, havent experimented with it. I would have some kind of variation between the two to be honest. Google loves things that look natural, and non spammy, this relates to links off page, in page, and keywords on page as well. I would definitely play it safe and create different phrases, both using the same keyword of course.

redthehat, Jan 1, 2010 IP
    mrdeflation likes this.
  6. mrdeflation

mrdeflation Member

Best Answers:
    repped...

thanks for the tips

very much appreciated

7. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    May be your page was not de-indexed - it just dropped in rankings - it might be found in a lower page somewhere down the line of pages or so.. That said, keyword density should be 2.4% or somewhere in that area, for every 100 words of non-keyword text, your keyword can appear twice or thrice. That is the rule in ezine articles also.

Traffic-Bug, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  8. Camay123

Best Answers:
    I second also.

Camay123, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  9. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    The number of keyword should makes sense for a visitor, avoid repetition.

bobchrist, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  10. addaminsane

addaminsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you wont be penalised unless its humanly moderated, therefore, needs to look natural. you can stuff away if you're creative

addaminsane, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  11. hsvyas

hsvyas Peon

Best Answers:
    hsvyas, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  12. maryjoanna

maryjoanna Peon

Best Answers:
    a great seo tip is create thousands of webpages that are cloaked and all these webpages are targetting a keyword and linking back to your main page, will this work? of course it is

maryjoanna, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  13. Camay123

Best Answers:
    a great seo tip to get ban from Google

Camay123, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  14. invisibler

invisibler Member

Best Answers:
    according to my experience, every website that under 6 months old, the new post will be de-indexed after 2 days and then it will be indexed again after 3 days :)

invisibler, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  15. redthehat

redthehat Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets call that a great Black Hat method shall we. That will do your site good in the short term, but wont do any good when your profitable online business gets shut down by Google.

THis is the point where I emphasize the amount of bad advice that gets passed around DP at times, be weary! :)

redthehat, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  16. maryjoanna

maryjoanna Peon

Best Answers:
    haha...who had experienced this? i too wont do that but i saw someone who got pr2 in just 2 weeks

17. Camay123

Best Answers:
    You have to be kidding me. First, Pr is not about inner pages....

Second, PR as displayed on the google bar is an export of a value took 1-2 months previously. PR is daily updated on Google server, but exported to toolbar every 3-4 months.

You can not influence a PR rating in 2 weeks. Plus PR as nothing to do with keyword stuffing.

Camay123, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  18. maryjoanna

maryjoanna Peon

Best Answers:
    i saw it with my own 2 eyes...its amazing how he fooled google and I think its only he who can do that, its a common knowledge and he told me has has pr6, pr5 blogs already, he plays safe i dont know how he do it but he gets away with it...lol

19. redthehat

redthehat Peon

Best Answers:
    Black Hat methods to inflate a PR are never self sufficient. They are risky, that is all there is to know about them.

Either way, if you choose to base your business around how high a PR rank you can acheive, then I wish you luck getting to the finish line. I dont mean to be harsh, but all that black hat will get you is a quick buck, and de indexed. Simple.

There is no such thing as hard and fast in SEO, sustainable results are attained through natural link building.

redthehat, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  20. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm... question is some noob reading these replies, try the suggested stuff and get his site de-indexed... ? I believe it's our moral responsibility to keep things clean. lol

Just from my past experience "cloacking a page" is a thing of past (worked probably 7-8 years before), it's neither a blackhat method nor any SEO method which influence SERP's as well as PR. Those who have high PR sites will never expose the real method which helps them to gain, may be the guy is just teasing you or may try to confuse :D

Answer to OP's original questions:

Title and h1 are not a place for too many keywords. However all you can assume that you added 6 keywords in title and site is out of index, you may find other reasons if you analise in details.

Keyword Stuffing is a big no no and no, but you have to be sure if this is the only reason which get's a site de-indexed, also most of the SEO Guru's says SE's now ignore meta tags..

Still if we can't see the problem page, we are not in a position to tell what went wrong, all we do are just an assumptions and they are not always right. ;)

sipltech, Jan 2, 2010 IP
    mrdeflation likes this.