1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback The Digital Point Moderators

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Helado, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hey there guys!

I'd just like to say how well I think the DP mods are performing. This is a huge forum and there must be tonnes of post reports every hour! I used to be a super moderator of a forum where there were around 100 users online at any given time, and that was quite a handful at times! DP must be time consuming, yet the mods still do a good job. I must admit, I have been slapped by the mods once or twice, but it was indeed my fault (pointless posting and whatnot).

There are some idiotic users on DP (no names will be mentioned) who decide to steal other people's work and give it away for free. The mods seems to be doing a top job of thwarting these people... although it is not my own work being taken, I'd still like to thank the mods for clearing up the community. I hope the work will be continued to stop scammers from conning people.

I hope this is the right section for this. :eek: Anybody else got anything to say about the mods?

Thanks for reading!

Helado, Jan 2, 2010 IP
    blog8491 likes this.
  2. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is a big problem for all genuine sellers. We make our products after spending much time with a hard effort. But some members share these things on BHW and ST forums. I know this is not an easy task to catch those members. But Mods have a responsibility to take an action.

Thanks
    Blog

blog8491, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  3. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The mods are doing a great job here considering the amount of threads/posts that are created each minute or hour. Keep in mind they are volunteers and not getting paid to mod DP forum. They care about DP and work hard in there spare time to keep things in order.

All of us have had our mistakes on here and of course got caught. I made mistakes here in the past and thought i could get away with it. lol

When people steal other members work, i'd suggest get enough evidence together to confront that person in the thread. Ruin there reputation so other members stay clear of that member. Only thing us regular members can do till a moderator steps in taking action.

I am a lurker on here now as i am busy elsewhere but DP has some good information on this forum that actually helps us newbies out. The member bashing is the only thing i do not like here. I don't bash new employee's at my job but rather teach them the correct way to do things and explain things out in details so they understand. We all was newbies at one time. lol

Happy New Year DP members and of course DP mods.

snakeair, Jan 2, 2010 IP
    robjones likes this.
  4. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been abused as a member and the mods look the other way.
    Nope no praise for them at all. lazy and sloppy.

i get infractions for stuff I see all over this board.
    Don't get involved in personal disputes,what a joke.

Look at the IM's I am getting from a member who published unpaid for material on this website (and DP refuses to take it down)
    "Ha ha You get another Negative?

Thats better for you. lol.

Now you are asking for payment? Another lol !!!"

I have the f word through me feedback funny thing the admins never infract for that.

I guess the links are just too difficult for them to work. tsk tsk.

amarventris, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  5. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    You still don't seem to understand that you do business here at your own risk, and the moderators aren't here to hold your hand.

Learn how to do business, learn the forum rules, and quit griping over your own business problems. Stop blaming the moderators and take responsibility for yourself.

TikTok, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  6. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not the one typing the F word.

amarventris, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Since when is the "F" word not allowed?

digitalpoint, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  8. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the poster is from a culture where the use of such word is a violation of their religious beliefs.

theapparatus, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  9. DocuMaker

DocuMaker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mmm... I'll put it this way. 1 = Glad I'm not one. 2 = I mod my own experience here with DP's gracious ignore function ;)

I should add a strange vibe I get though. Any reason for the hostility among the higher reputation members? I haven't had to ignore anyone ranking as low as I am yet. But I'm surprised at the bizarre outbursts. Is there a reason? Are they chasing after a dangling carrot (mod position) and pissed cuz they can't get one? What's going on here? Reminds me of the adsense support forum after they gave some of its members a top contributor label) . :-o

DocuMaker, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  10. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They don't :D See this

wptheme, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  11. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    heh my post was deleted.:eek: I see this user is banned but why is his Avatar still showing up?

ChrisMiller, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  12. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    sign of a temp ban?

I could of sworn permanent bans get everything taken away, temp bans I think leave the avatar or something.

I used to be able to tell, now I cant anymore lol only Shawn knows.

Stroh, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  13. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:

All bans are the same I notice users that are banned for like a week have their Avatars and Sigs Taken away but then I have noticed some Permanent bans keep their Avatars, and others lose them.

Edit: I think I figured it out. Maybe the Age of the account has to do something with the avatar still being there?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
    ChrisMiller, Jan 2, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.