1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Submit Website in DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by umairraja52, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You mean like you slipped in and got your site listed and left?
    Did I break any guidelines? It's odd that you seemingly are trying to call me out on this when I did NOTHING wrong.

You mean like you sqealed like a pig when yours did not return and was removed for a while.
    You mean like how the editor that removed my site actually TOLD me why in a public forum? So much for that non-communication thing you are so seemingly for :rolleyes:

I said as and when we choose to look.

Thanks for not disagreeing that some editors don't bother...

You should know that we are discouraged from enetering into conversation, but perhaps you did not stay long enough to read that. Don't tell me you think they were nice when you were there for, how long, six sites listing time and one your own. LOL.

*ponders* then why on earth are you here?

LOL

PLEASE NOTICE PEOPLE... She didn't disagree :D

Qryztufre, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  2. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just pointing out how you USED DMOZ to take advantage and list your own site and then find an excuse and leave. It is strange how you berate some editors whom YOU say have taken advantage when it is clear you did. If I were you I would buy a zip.

Anonymously, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  3. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    an real helpful answer or any kind of help you will not see from this guys dude , you will be served like other half a million times before with same pathetic garbage's . They don't care about peoples needs , they care about their stuff's ;)) .... questions and doubts always will be about this directory , always was and always will be , nothing can be changed in that direction , maybe best advice ever being made '' forget 2 submit '' lol ... they have '' guidelines '' and rules witch it's seems aren't followed by their own editors , hundreds of hundreds of confusing lies , hundreds and hundreds of spam listings , dead links and other things like this ... and lists can continue lol. Into one word '' DMOZ '' ;)

trustnobodynever, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    You know good and well why I left, and it had NOTHING to do with my site. And even if it did, according to the guidelines that is PERFECTLY fine, so what is your issue? My problem with editors listing their own sites, is how they are treating their own sites differently. Specifically (multiple) DEEPLINKING, something I did not do. I did not treat my own site any differently then any of the other sites I have listed. Each has ONE link, and each is within the guidelines. Can you say the same about the multiple listings of other editors?

What?

WinZip? Zip Code? A lighter? A Zip Drive?

How does my edit count have anything to do with this topic anyway? Why do you keep making every thread about what I did? I am an EX-EDITOR, there are existing editors that have done the same things you keep bringing up against me. If *I* did something wrong, how can you in good conscience still defend them?

Qryztufre, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  5. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Mouth zip.

You keep bringing up old chestnuts, which you have had adequate explanations about, but you want to try and discredit editors. Only editor that needs discrediting is one who lists his own site and then bogs off.

Anonymously, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    OH, lol... like my edit history? Something you seem soooo keen to bring up. Not to mention bringing up the incorrect answers as to why I left. Or maybe my site being delisted and me complaining? Oh yeah, you don't bother with the entire story there as well. Your half truths and lies are very becoming to someone posting Anonymously...

Keep in mind I DID NOT BREAK ANY GUIDELINES. If what I did was wrong, then there is a problem with the ODP!!!!!!

Is that what you are saying? Seriously? You keep bringing it up so either what I did was either A) against the guidelines, or B) you have a thing for me or maybe C) You keep bringing up old chestnuts, which you have had adequate explanations about, but you want to try and discredit ex-editors.

Qryztufre, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  7. capone2009

capone2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know from someone who worked for dmoz that you should submit your site again if it was not accepted, because there are editors who accept sites more likely than others.

capone2009, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  8. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Problem is, how do you know that your site has not been accepted. It takes from a few days to a few years to get a review. If you site simply waits that review, re-submitting can make the delay worse waiting for that review and may get you banned as a spammer.

Anonymously, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Best Answers:

Other then getting banned, how can it make it worse? It's NOT a QUEUE, so getting shuffled to the back of the line is NOT an issue. Resubmitting a single time should also not be an issue. The ODP itself claims that things get lost in their servers so that editor applicants should/could try again after a few weeks...

Qryztufre, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  10. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Old chestnuts again, you are getting boring. The main question is how does anyone know if they are rejected? So you re-submit, you assume that is rejected in 1 month, 2 months, 2 years and submit again. That can be a dangerous game to becoming a spammer. Especially if the site is being rejected on each attempt.

Back to that old chestnut, we have told you many times, please try and remember, I said CAN MAKE the process longer, because as you know the datestamp is overridden, so editors who work this way, can edit in date order, its not forbidden, its not a requirement, but some editors do AND IF THEY DO, then the site will be seen as newly submitted and make be, therefore left. But a Q suggests that every site waits its turn and it don't work like that. Editors dip in and out of the pool and some simply look at the old sites, others look for readily listable sites where the person offering has tried to follow our guidelines and others don't use the pool at all.

Anonymously, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  11. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL ! It's 2010 and both of you still shooting at each other. Man, move on and have a life for a change. :D:p

Happy New Year to both sides !

popotalk, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  12. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's only petty bickering popotalk - nothing of any importance. Just ignore them :rolleyes:

jimnoble, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  13. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    No, a Q is a letter of the alphabet... if you are going to change the meaning of words, at least change the meanings of the correct words. :rolleyes:

jimnoble is right though. I am going to add you to my ignore list (again). it's obvious you have NOTHING to share other then trolling (and tid bits about my edit count). Seriously... look in the threads lately where I'm talking about old chestnuts, and you just may find I'm doing nothing but quoting you bringing them up!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
    Qryztufre, Jan 2, 2010 IP