1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Disgusting Republican Attacks On President Obama

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Zibblu, Dec 30, 2009.

I'm taking a short break from my break from Politics & Religion to post this link:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/31049.html

I really hope this disgusting attack by the Republicans on the President backfires. It's so obviously nonsensical and hypocritical that even the biggest idiots have to see it for what it is.

Once again, the Republicans show that they are willing to stoop to any low ground to attack the President.

They do not care about this country, only their own political future.

Infuriating.

Zibblu, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  2. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure why you're surprised. What's the main two thing politicians do? They try to make themselves look good and others look bad through any and all means. This gets them votes, money, and power/control ;)

I suspect Bush wasn't attacked as much as he could have for the shoe bomber because:
    1) War was brewing
    2) His approval rating was over 80% @ the time and they risked hurting themselves

Reseg, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Zibblu: Welcome back brother! I totally agree, it is disgusting. These types of attacks on Pres. Osama have to stop. He is like a shining and pure light surrounded by a sea of leaches and parasites.

Obamanation, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Peon

Best Answers:
    This really has to stop. Barrack Obama is what we call a Breath Of Fresh Air (to the full extent of its meaning).

Brandon_R, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  5. myp

myp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And when Bush took a lot of the heat for the Democrats' decade+ long lobbying for the expansion of Fannie and Freddie? And when he took the blame for Greenspan's loose money policies? I am no fan of Bush, but this sort of thing happens all the time in politics. No need to call Republicans disgusting because of it because both sides do it.

myp, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  6. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Not unexpected, politics are dirty. I guess both the Republicans and the Democrats deserve each other.

wisdomtool, Dec 30, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  7. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    ~ The Republicans and Democrats might take issue with the security personnel who never seem to get the idea they are being paid to do a job or to perform above a grade school level.

Breeze Wood, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really hope these disgusting attacks by the Democrats on former President Bush backfire. It's so obviously nonsensical and hypocritical that even the biggest idiots have to see it for what it is.

Once again, the Democrats show that they are willing to stoop to any low ground to attack the the former President.

The Democrats do not care about this country, only their own political future. They would rather attack Bush, than help America.

Infuriating!!!

Corwin, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You could also say, "The Republicans and Democrats might be able to learn something from the security personnel, because at least they seem to have some unity of purpose."

Breeze Wood - What makes you say, "...security personnel who never seem to get the idea they are being paid to do a job or to perform above a grade school level."

Anything in particular?

Rebecca, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  10. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

~ Including 911 and all the publicized "terrorist" events to the recent near disaster in Detroit the intelligence communities have failed to use the information at hand to prevent the attacks, primarily due to mismanagement.

The above news report is cherry picked to highlight what has prevailed in the previous events as either a lack of cooperation within or between agencies that is an indictment more against the last years of Republican policies to have not solved the problem that is exemplified by the recent Detroit intelligence fiasco.

~ At any rate the Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on the subject could be of interest but for the committee members themselves being equally culpable....both parties.

Breeze Wood, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  11. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I see your point. This is one of those areas where we can't afford to just learn by our mistakes. On the positive side, they have thwarted (I think) 19 major terrorist attacks since 911.

Rebecca, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  12. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    What;s with this Obama egiffy ?
    It is all over the news
    What are the feds investigating about it? I mean of-course people do dislike politicians

new, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  13. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ohoh, I didn't know that you can have faith in something/someone without proper evidence. :D

Arnie, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  14. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Hey, when it comes to Barack, I have faith REGARDLESS of the evidence. I don't care if he cuts a trillion dollar check to Democratic special interests and calls it stimulus, he is STILL the one who will rid Washington of "business as usual". I don't care if he talks about the necessity of war at his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance, he is STILL the one who will remove our troops from unjust wars. I don't care if he raises taxes by a trillion dollars to pay for new entitlements, he is STILL the one who will get our economy back on track. He is truly, THE ONE.

So true. More failed Bush policies. The only reason we haven't had another such bomber on a flight since 2001 until now was because the bombers were waiting until Barack took office. It is all part of some Republican conspiracy to cover up Bush's failed policies and make my beloved Barack look bad.

Obamanation, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  15. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    @ Obamanation

~ The World Trade Tower demolition, 911, occurred 6 months after Bush, Chaney took office and you compare that to a single individuals attempted martyrdom in Detroit as an indictment against the Obama Administration - lets call a spade a spade when the truly culpable party stands before us than as Jekyll and Hyde to skirt the undeniable facts.....all hail the liberal Democrats.

Breeze Wood, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  16. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    You are loosing it Breeze. I LOVE Obama. I fantasize about the man for Christs sake. Of course the 911 attacks were an indictment of the Bush Administration. I mean, didn't they see the massive warnings when the USS Cole and two US Embassies were bombed abroad?(no fault of the Clinton admin btw.) No, the underwear bomber in Detroit was an isolated incident and thank god the system worked.

Obamanation, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  17. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Now Rudy "9/11" Giuliani can't seem to remember September 11, 2001.

I'm not sure what's most ridiculous:

1. That Giuliani thinks he can get away with saying something so ridiculously false.

2. That the media doesn't call politicians out when they tell such obvious lies. George S. didn't confront him about his lie to his face, he waited to write it in a blog and I've seen other Republicans make similar lying statements (this is clearly a coordinated "big lie" as the Republicans try to gain political advantage from a failed terrorist attack) without their interviewer calling them out on the lie.

3. That there are people so ignorant & stupid that they'll actually buy into this nonsense.

Zibblu, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  18. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure he meant to say "no domestic attacks for the last 7 years Bush was in office" like most of the Republicans are bragging about trying to point out Obama as not protecting us. But his spaced out mind fed it to his mouth leaving out the last 7 years part. If he had been called on it no doubt he would have clarified.

You really think he's trying to lie to the public that there were no attacks with Bush when the world witnessed 9-11? Come on now, how could he think the American public is that stupid?

I'm liking where you're going here provided you're talking about all parties ;)

Reseg, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  19. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Zibblu, I'm so glad you are off your break. Together, we will rid the world of these Republican liars and scum. When we are done, people will realize that only the Democratic party tells the truth.

Obamanation, Jan 8, 2010 IP