1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to value an individual link?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by patchseo, Dec 29, 2009.

Is there a way that I can check how well a link that I have on a different site benefits my site's SEO?

Say for example I put a link to my site on two different websites both with the same Page Rank. I want to know if one of the sites is giving my site more help in boosting my own PR.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
    patchseo, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  2. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    If this is just a matter of PR then both sites will give the same help in boosting your PR because both have the same PR.

saurabhj, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  3. patchseo

patchseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I am talking about other than PR. PR is very easy to see. And I don't think that two different websites with the same PR are going to give me the same boost to my PR.

Just looking at the Link sale forum page, you see many different members selling links of their sites of equal PR for very different prices. I haven't bought any of these, but I am just trying to figure out which are more valueable.

patchseo, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  4. Lobtec

Lobtec Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to do a bit of research to get the answer about this. Compare the sites for age, content, relevant content to your site (same "neighbourhood"), number of links in, quality of the links in.
    Its a hard work but necessary if you want the answer. Best would be if you took them both (if both where good).

Lobtec, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  5. kdenisk

kdenisk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are hundreds of factors: pagerank of the site, relevancy, age of domain, neighbourhood, number of outbound links, in links diversity, ... So, virtually, there are no way to say exactly, but you can spend some time and evaluate the site you want to put link at by listed factors.

kdenisk, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  6. rotren

rotren Peon

Best Answers:
    rotren, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  7. gina222114

gina222114 Peon

Best Answers:
    For example, the PV sourse is a typical parameter that could judge the two website which has some PR. From the google analysis, you can get the PV from each website. From the two PV comparison, a conclusion is come out.

gina222114, Dec 29, 2009 IP