1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why isnt my site ranked?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by taktionlists, Dec 28, 2009.

hey guys, i own the sports forum www.TalkSportsHere.com, which is about a month old now. how do i get it ranked higher in google? am i not doing something right? i have seen so many other forums that are inactive and nobody has posted there for months, yet are still ranked pretty high, and this is confusing as well as frustrating. does google look at the age of my site and take that into account and is a major factor? any help is greatly appreciated.

taktionlists, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  2. emforce

emforce Member

Best Answers:
    Google takes into account the age of the site as well as how many backlinks the site has. For instance if the guys on the first page have 100 backlinks and you have 10 links of the same quality then you will not rank higher than them.

Build backlinks and you will start to see some search engine traffic!

emforce, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  3. ContentSpooling

ContentSpooling Peon

Best Answers:
    Just continue to promote your site. Get more backlinks as many as you can. Then try also to have a contest in order to get more active users.

ContentSpooling, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  4. SunstarShop

SunstarShop Peon

Best Answers:
    If you forum is active, and then get more links is helpful to get traffic and rank well in google.

SunstarShop, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  5. Organs

Organs Peon

Best Answers:
    New site needs longer to prove to GG that it is a healthy, legistimate site.
    I suggest keep updating, and find some really quality links.

Organs, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  6. redthehat

redthehat Peon

Best Answers:
    You said it yourself. The site is a month old. Stick with it, one month is too little time to be worrying about whether or not your website is ranking well or not.

Try doing something like article marketing, and generating backlinks through directory submission and so on and so forth.

Also, ready up on what other people do and what has worked for them. I dont mean to give myself a plug here on purpose, just saying it because I know it will help, but I do have an e-book available at the moment that details some of the most effective methods of organic SEO. Even if not the one that I publish, there are plenty of them out there that will give similar info, but yeah, this is a great starting point.

redthehat, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  7. alex12

alex12 Peon

Best Answers:
    u make number of link then your site rank in search engine.

alex12, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  8. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    As redthehat said, your site is only a month old, and it is going to be difficult to get ranked for a competitive phrase like 'sports forum'. What I suggest is continue to add quality articles to your site, encourage user participation in the forum, build backlinks, etc.

Traffic-Bug, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  9. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    HomeComputerGames, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  10. taktionlists

taktionlists Peon

Best Answers:
    see im very new to this, so i have no idea how to add keywords to this site.

11. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    One month is very little time. i am working as a Search engine optimization since last 5 years but my own website take 5 months to be ranked.

so its not easy to get ranked within month it takes time and another thing you are not getting traffic so i suggest to do some marketing work for your site do some Directory Submission, Social Bookmarking, Article Submission, PR Submission etc.

saurabhj, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  12. seohelp2a

seohelp2a Peon

Best Answers:
    No Google doesn't look at the age of your site in order to get ranked. It depends on various factors such as (a)text versus image-Images that contain texts should be avoided,this causes search engines unable to search your website instead it is better to use right text and font size. (b)Titles - Always be sure to make that the title contains the keywords. (c)Keywords- keywords are clues that search engine searches and process then rank your sites according to the keyword density also misspelled word should be place on the meta tag such as Mercedece for Mercedez and Audy for Audi.

seohelp2a, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  13. President

President Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you need more time

President, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  14. taktionlists

taktionlists Peon

Best Answers:
    very good advice, president.

15. seohelp2a

seohelp2a Peon

Best Answers:
    No Google doesn't look at the age of your site in order to get ranked. It depends on various factors such as (a)text versus image-Images that contain texts should be avoided,this causes search engines unable to search your website instead it is better to use right text and font size. (b)Titles - Always be sure to make that the title contains the keywords. (c)Keywords- keywords are clues that search engine searches and process then rank your sites according to the keyword density also misspelled word should be place on the meta tag Eg:Mercedece for Mercedez and Audy for Audi.

seohelp2a, Dec 29, 2009 IP