1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Is This Clickbank Plan?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by gocali2009, Dec 28, 2009.

Hey,

I am getting into Clickbank now and want to make it work. I already found a few products that look promising and made some sales but nowhere near enough. The goal for January is $1,000, which equals out to about $33 a day. Considering average payout of around $25 and an average conversion of 1% that should mean around 130 hops pr. day.

Here is what I plan to do:

1) Find a Clickbank product

I am looking for products with a well written, good looking sales page first. I also look for niches where it makes sense with an electronic product; embarrasing problems, technical stuff or 'desperate' stuff.

Then I see if the vendor has some affiliate material, preferably articles, graphics and an email campaign.

2) Test the conversion

I will write 10 articles based on 10 different keywords and direct link using ArticlesBase or a cheap info and Ezine.

One sale from those ten articles will be considered success. If no sale, then I move on to a another product.

3) Setup Landing Page and Squeeze Page

If I get a sale from 2), then I setup both a landing page and squeeze page on the same domain.

I create a small report to give away for free using the best of the 10 articles and add some more.

Then I write 10 articles more for each page.

4) SEO Articles

When I get to this point, I have 30 articles for a product. That should tell me which articles are converting and which are not. I then do SEO for the articles that get views and clicks. This will consist of spinning one article ({} style) and submitting to 20 directories that I know show up as backlinks. I also do OnlyWire bookmarking and maybe do a few high pr profile backlinks (again those I know show up). I also do some blog commeting on relevant blogs and some forum posting.

5) Setup Blog

I pay someone to rewrite or do myself, the best 10 articles of those 30 articles and then put on a www.example.com/blog, using wordpress. Do some basic SEO with automatic article submission and bookmarking.

6) Set up Web 2.0 properties.

Hubpage, blogger maybe Squidoo. Bookmark and automatic article submission.

7) Repeat

What do you think?

I can do most of the article submission automatically using software to rotate resource boxes and backlinks. That should cut back on some work.

Any suggestions welcome!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    gocali2009, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  2. evilpuppy

evilpuppy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing i don't like about Onlywire is that all the anchor texts are the same... Isn't Google like "WTFOMG?" about this?

And yes, your idea is good.

You forgot about pingomat / rss feed submission / forum posting and blog commenting, tho.

Do them all!

And make a few press releases as backlinks for your site.

evilpuppy, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  3. gocali2009

gocali2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks,

I know absolutely nothing about rss or press releases, could you point me in the right direction?

gocali2009, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  4. anna14334

anna14334 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey . . you got a really good and long term plan. its going to work out. As you are interested in designing Landing and squeeze pages , I suggest you should try PPC by linking these Landing and squeeze pages to it. Coz landing pages and PPC work out very well. And if you wanna try PPC try to do some good research on keywords. I would recommend "adwords reinvented" book. Adwords give really quick results. But if you are interested in long term income you have a vry good plan and try to write quality articles that convert well and a attractive resource box.

anna14334, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  5. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @gocali2009: Good plan. I wish you luck!

@evilpuppy: I have done the RSS submissions for one of my author pages earlier. You had a great thread earlier. Can you please divulge more details on "rss feed submission" for author pages? How exactly to do it the right way? I'm sorry I didn't take the time to research it on my own & thought it would be great for everyone if someone can share the exact details HERE.

jacky8, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  6. evilpuppy

evilpuppy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    evilpuppy, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  7. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that your logic is faulty, here, if you'll excuse the observation.

You are assuming that something that makes 1 sale by direct-linking will do even better with a landing-page/squeeze-page.

In my opinion (formed as a result of the testing I've done myself), the opposite is more likely to be true: the ones that make a sale or two without a landing-page/squeeze-page may not make much more with a landing-page/squeeze-page, whereas the ones that don't make a sale at all without a landing-page/squeeze-page may respond best to having a landing-page-squeeze supplied, and that might be exactly what they needed.

In other words, you are assuming that zero will remain zero, whereas something with a sign of life will improve. I believe the exact opposite: that zero is the number that can most easily be improved by the biggest factor. :eek: :D

I wish you well, and good luck anyway. :)

alexa_s, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  8. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen this with many products, the sales page which has a strong story in it converts with direct linking and vise a versa.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    Robert25, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  9. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, this was my conclusion from my own limited early testing, when I started off: I thought there was some sort of correlation with the sales pages. I didn't know enough at the time to work it out properly, but I'm sure you're right. If this is so, one would be better off adding landing-pages/squeeze-pages where they're needed (i.e. with no sales) rather than where you've made a sale already without one. ;)

alexa_s, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  10. gocali2009

gocali2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, been at it now for about a month working this plan. I got my first check coming up and I had a record day of $72 yesterday.

My experiences so far with this plan is:

- I have tested 10+ products but only got sales from 3, all in the same niche. Incidentaly, this is the niche I have a personal interest in. I am thinking of focusing 90% on this niche and then buying some articles for other niches.

- Landing pages convert

I have only made sales with the products were I have a landing page. Just a one page is ok.

- Article Marketing works

I have been spamming my articles to just about every article directory on the internet. For some keywords I have maybe 30 of 50 positions. Problem is that only a few directories send traffic. I have also been putting my articles on Web 2.0 properties. Commenting on blogs and forums.

- Market Research is important

I wrote a lot of articles for one product using generic ezinearticles as inspiration. They got published like crazy, but not many readers clicked the link. Rewriting ezine articles is not effective. It's better to get your info from real sources, newspapers, research journals, personal blogs and then cook it together to a 500-700 word article.

- Direct Linking PPC

I ran and still run some direct linking with Yahoo. Not much success here. It's cheap though, so I guess it doesn't hurt, but so far conversions have been bad. I am thinking of redirecting to a squeeze page instead.

So, I am considering dropping the shotgun approach and only write on those niches I have already gotten sales in. I will also make more of an effort on SEO, though I hate the manual spam part, like creating forum profiles.

gocali2009, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  11. gocali2009

gocali2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update: $236 in my first month of Clickbank seriously.

I have found 4 products that convert, so focusing my attention on them.

I haven't written a lot of articles as I have been doing other things than Clickbank, but it's very effective for some products. Wrote 4 articles yesterday from others that got good ctr before and woke up to $80 in sales. Still a problem with maintaining hops without stable writing. I will try to focus more on SEO.

gocali2009, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  12. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, not bad. Awesome that you are keeping us updated. Now you got me interested.

Lex350, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  13. Tony Marriott

Tony Marriott Peon

Best Answers:
    $236 in your first month from free trafic. That probably puts you in the top 0.01% of marketers. If you have some products that rae converting well then clearly focus on those and generate more traffic. If they are viable you may be able to PPC traffic to them. You at least have some stats althogh be a little wary as hundreds of sales are really needed to be sure of consistant results.

good luck buddy

Tony Marriott, Jan 26, 2010 IP