1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cystats or Google Analytics?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by charlietree, Dec 22, 2009.

Who do I trust? Analytics tells me I have a few hundred clicks per site (Adsense states even less) then Cystats says I am getting in the few thousand on most of them...

1) Why is this?

2) Whats more accurate because I actually block my IP on Cystats..

charlietree, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  2. aka_le_Mulder

aka_le_Mulder Member

Best Answers:
    Undoubtedly Analytics. Why? Because it's Google.

aka_le_Mulder, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  3. charlietree

charlietree Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok so then the hits that are showing up in Cystats arent real? Are they bots or something?

charlietree, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  4. aka_le_Mulder

aka_le_Mulder Member

Best Answers:
    ok here's my point.

1. You're the third man who says that WP plugin shows more visitors than Analytics. I don't know why. Probably, bots. Probably coding inaccuracy.

2. What is Cystats? Ask your neighbor if he know what is? I bet he/she does not. I had to search what is Cystats in Google ^^.

And what about Google? Does your neighbor know what is it? Even my 80 y.o. grandma know what Google is. It is the brand you can trust. Doesn't matter what amount of visits or clicks does it show - I will only believe Google Analytics. Think for yourself.

Take care.

aka_le_Mulder, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  5. Blasingame

Blasingame Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure about cystats but google is not god. Just because it has goodle on it does in no way mean it is correct. The chance are high but no alway correct.

I can tell you this about this google analytics! I have some of the best view, click and traffic software. The stats are all very close within every product I use except google.

I have an affiliate site that has consistent traffic which I get paid for every month. The stats on it are very close on all levels except google.

These stats between other counters and google are extremely different. To the extreme where all others say I have had 3588 hit on average today and google has 10 so WTF.

I can not believe 7 other source are wrong and google is correct on this one. If so, great! I'm so glad they are not paying me on google stats.

Again, google is NOT god and make many mistakes as everyone else does. Maybe cystats has better tracking then every one else. I do not know this but it could be possible.

I'm sorry for all of this. I just get so pissed on how brain washed people get over google. Google is great but can be beat and have been.

Blasingame, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  6. charlietree

Best Answers:
    Thats kind of what I am talking about also...I am wondering what I should trust...I guess I will trust Google Analytics...but the thing is...Google Adsense is also different than Analytics...which is weird...they arent linked up together or anything...not sure if you can do that, but just thought everyone should know that Adsense even shows more

7. Blasingame

Blasingame Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense can be linked to Analytics. see this

Blasingame, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  8. charlietree

Best Answers:
    I am confused, can I do this if I have Analytics on one Google Account and Adsense with the other?

9. aka_le_Mulder

aka_le_Mulder Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you can. But add that Adsense account to your Analytics. There's such a feature in users management.

aka_le_Mulder, Dec 27, 2009 IP
    charlietree likes this.
  10. charlietree

Best Answers:
    Thanks I appreciate it.

charlietree, Dec 29, 2009 IP