1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adword Tool is inaccurate?

Discussion in 'Google' started by wptheme, Dec 25, 2009.

Hi, I am ranking alternately for a one word keyword at position 1 and 2. However the traffic via SE is only at low x,xxx whereby the tool said that certain keyword has more than 200K searches.

wptheme, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  2. Jeffery Baxter

Jeffery Baxter Peon

Best Answers:
    That can only mean one thing....the pbr sucks. Pbr is the (phrase to broad match) and if its a low pbr keyword then kiss the high end of that traffic out the door.

Jeff

P.S Try to find keywords that have a pbr of 50% or more to work with. Many marketers are saying 15% or more, but that's just misleading.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
    Jeffery Baxter, Dec 25, 2009 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  3. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes keywords tool is accurate...............it means that you can't get full traffic to your website 200k if don't want to click on your website just want to search for the keyword.................then it will be a serches in 200k while you are getting traffic when some on clicks on your website.................

abhijit, Dec 26, 2009 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  4. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you looking at the 12 month or last month search volume? I think the tool is very good. Maybe your meta tags need some improving cause people are not clicking you site from the SE? got me.

Lex350, Dec 26, 2009 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  5. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    adword keyword tool will show you the monthly searches for google and its search partners, not just on google. also, broad match and exact match also matters a lot. the way i figure the adwords stat vs, the actual traffic is that if you are on top 3 position for your search terms, you get about 40% traffic of what adwords exact search result shows. thats just my observation based on few search terms on various niche. depending on your niche, the result could be different but you always go with the exact match and not the broad match to get an idea of the actual tarffic. sometimes you are not listed at the same position across all google datacenters so the traffic can vary largely (for organic searches, not PPC searches)

sultanofseo, Dec 26, 2009 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  6. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everone. Rep added to all.
    @sultanofseo - my keyword is at my siggy. It ranks pretty much at top 5 for nearly all of Google search engines based on GEO and also IP. Example us ip for google.com its at the top 4.(currently no 2)

wptheme, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  7. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Right, the search volume in Google Adword Tool is not accurate. You should setup 'match type' and 'country' for a more accurate result.
    So, we need to use variants of our main keywords in our page contents to rank for more keywords and thus more traffics. :)

AirForce1, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  8. ebooks21

ebooks21 Peon

Best Answers:
    The Adword tool is pretty useful when used properly. Still, you should also check other trends to complement your information.

ebooks21, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  9. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not surprisingly, since most of us have to redefine our searches to get what we want. And most of us use country-specified search, eg google.com.sg instead of google.com

scheng1, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  10. Digivolt

Digivolt Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree search refinement is the way to go for the best accuracy.

Digivolt, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  11. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there's no accurate tool but Google tool gives closely data than others.

Hersheys, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  12. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you need to cover such large group of keywords for traffic.

lindamood1, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  13. freespace

freespace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword tool is free data we have. Use it compare against other keywords just to get an idea of searche columes. It will be never be accurate as your log stats but is consistent.

Most accuracy is choosing exact match and the target country. The tool will include search partners as well. These may not appear in your logs as coming from Google or your not ranking in those search partners.

freespace, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  14. julietevents

julietevents Peon

Best Answers:
    No ,but that will be true .. it cannot be inaccurate anyday . . .

julietevents, Dec 29, 2009 IP