1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promoting and Populating a Forum

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by nethelp, Dec 13, 2009.

1. nethelp

nethelp Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a joke, right? Forum lists are mostly used by ppl from your country to drop their junk. I have notice 80% of SPAM from in my forums is from Indian IPs, 10% Philippines and 10% Hong Kong.

I highly not advice advertising in forum lists!

nethelp, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  2. kingsley

kingsley Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips here. But the question is can one make money from forum?

kingsley, Dec 26, 2009 IP
  3. tomiko

tomiko Member

Best Answers:
    if you are setting up a forum with the aim of making money from it then yeah....YOU'LL FAILL...big time. successful forum owners start with the passion and love of running a forum.

just start and make sure it's about something you love to do. money will chase you later, cause when you build woth love and it grows, your traffic will give you the money...

tomiko, Dec 26, 2009 IP
    hyper likes this.
  4. Lalucochin

Lalucochin Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to promote a new forum is to start some interesting competitions in which members would be interested. I have seen a lot of new forums coming with posting competition. I would have to say that positing competition is a waste as it will help only to increase junk and unwanted discussions in your forum. The best thing is to award the best contributing member of the forum. If you forum is in the initial stage then you can start up with a monthly contest. This type of competition will help in getting genuine members who would contribute to the forum. I have come across such a contest on experienced people forum. You can win $200 monthly if you are the best contributor of the month. I hope that this competition would help them to build a good forum with lot of contributing members. The webmasters here can also try similar competitions for promoting their forums.

Lalucochin

Lalucochin, Jan 8, 2010 IP