1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

google analytics

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by sudhakararaog, Dec 23, 2009.

i am working on a static website which is hosted on linux and php and mysql. i am creating the html and css part of the website

all the pages in the website have a common section for example top portion has header links and bottom has footer links

so i thought it would be a good idea to have header.php and header.php that way any change that needs to be done can be done to these 2 files instead of changing all the files in the website

about the google analytics code after getting your response i want to add this google analytics code at the bottom of every page just before </body> tag this way each page's statistic details can be viewed by logging into google account

however since i want to have footer.php i want to include the footer links and then the google analytics code followed by </body></html> in footer.php

my question is if i were to do it this way, when google analytics javascript code which is only in 1 file footer.php though this file will be called in all other pages(about.php, services.php...) of the website as
    include("footer.php");

will the analytics code still analyse traffic information for each and every page of the website(index.php, about.php, services.php ...)

please advice

thanks

sudhakararaog, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  2. explorer

explorer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're asking, if you place the analytics code in footer.php and you include this file in other pages, will the analytics package work for the other pages?

If that's the question, the answer is yes.

explorer, Dec 24, 2009 IP