1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Social Discussion Website - Like/Dislike

Discussion in 'Sites' started by abcdefGARY, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    http://www.talkersation.com

Demo:
    Username: danny
    Password: digitalpoint

What is it?
    This is a discussion website, where members can talk about current events or whatever is on their mind and choose to like or dislike other topics. Topics older than 1 week close automatically, forcing users to move on to newer discussions. Topics can be bumped up by a comment only if the comment is made by someone other than the comment author, so this encourages everyone to see what is currently being discussed. The popularity of a conversation is determined by the total number of comments and/or the total sum of likes and dislikes.

Why?
    My idea came from Facebook wall conversations. However, in Facebook, you are only allowed to like certain topics, and there is no option to dislike them. I'm selling this website because I have no time to pursue this project due to school.

When?
    I started working on this site a year ago. I've always had the idea, but wasn't really able to implement it, until now. I finished this little project of mine this summer (last month). I put my heart into this project because I was never planning on selling it but running it myself instead. Since this is a new website, it doesn't have a lot of traffic, as you can see. Therefore, there is no revenue from the ads. However, through my eyes, I see a lot of potential. Here is a link to the indexed pages, if you're into that.

Where?
    The domain is on GoDaddy. You will get the domain as well as all the modified files and design. Also, you will get a list of how to change various settings (number of days before a conversation closes, number of comments before the conversation becomes popular, etc.). You will also get all of the PSD files for the graphics and the original fixed HTML template that I coded up.

How can I get this website?
    The BIN is set, which I believe is reasonable, considering the amount of work I put in into the overall design and fixing bugs and making customizations. You will need your own hosting/server. As you can see, the design is unique to the site, and the website is fully functional and completed 100%. Also, every page is xhtml compliant.

I am open to any offers.

abcdefGARY, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  2. ezequiel

ezequiel Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Your website is really nice, you had a nice idea.

ezequiel, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  3. GOPalmer

GOPalmer Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Does it have any kind of admin panel?

Best Regards, George

GOPalmer, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  4. xd2

xd2 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would also like to know about the admin panel, and also did you custom write this script or is it something you have bought a licence for. If it is custom is the sale including rights?

xd2, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  5. abcdefGARY

abcdefGARY Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It is using an open source CMS, but I did a lot of heavy customization and modifications. From a legal point of view, I guess you would be buying the design, look and feel, and overall customizations I've done with the website.

It has an admin panel included that lets you manage users, posts, and settings. However, I modified a lot of the things myself and so some of the settings are not easily accessible via the admin panel. But I will provide a text file after the sale explaining where these settings can be changed via which file.

Hope that answers your questions.

abcdefGARY, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  6. Silent Thoughts

Silent Thoughts Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    which is the CMS being used? Please throw some light on that and also the traffic.

Silent Thoughts, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  7. Gallabanga

Gallabanga Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is this script completely unique?

Gallabanga, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  8. abcdefGARY

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I customized a version of Pligg. There is little traffic, as I said in my original post.

abcdefGARY, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  9. psychost

psychost Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is this even a real sale?

I mean its a great site in all but it looks like you just held down 9 one the bin and hit send....
    I don't know if its worth it or not (i dont think so) but why not sell somewhere like flippa?

psychost, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  10. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    why this came ?

chandan123, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  11. cipcip

cipcip Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    The bin is what ? 99 million $ ? You must be out of your minds if you think that this website is worth that kind of money.

sex.com which is the highest domain ever was sold as far as i know for 14 million $ ... LAUGHING OUT LOUD

cipcip, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  12. abcdefGARY

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I thought this thread would auto-close by itself... no one seemed interested in it so I put some random BIN.

Sorry about that.

Everything should be fine now. I am also open to any offers.

abcdefGARY, Jan 1, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.