1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Autoblog: Facts, Guide and How To

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Titing Kabayo, Dec 24, 2009.

For everyone's benefit....... and for the skeptics, non-believers, inexperienced, critics, and even cheaters :D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A lot of people in Digitalpoint and other forums asking what is an Autoblog and how it works and it seems these questions are being asked over and over again. Different people asking the same questions and sometimes it’s pretty annoying. There’s a lot of online resources that could actually explain what is an autoblog and how it works but these people are just lazy to use Google.

Anyway, I will explain here to the best of my knowledge based on my experience what actually an Autoblog is. We are talking about an “Automatic Blog” here and not “Blog about autos or cars”.

Autoblog
    Is a type of blog with auto-generated content. It is estimated that 98% of Autoblogs uses Wordpress Blogging Platform. There’s a lot of wordpress plugins that can be used in generating blog content. Others call it “set and forget”. The owner need not to write a content and publish it. The plugin usually do everything (writing/rewriting content, publishing, schedule, amount of posts daily, etc).

Purpose of Autoblog
    The only reason why people create autoblogs is to make money online. An autoblog is always associated with Google Adsense ads or any other publisher networks like Adbrite, Clicksor, Bidvertiser, Kontera, Infolinks, etc. Majority uses Google Adsense though.

Are Autoblogs safe with Adsense?
    Technically, there is no specific phrase in Google Adsense TOS that an Autoblog is not allowed to display adsense ads. I never heard someone who got his adsense account suspended because he ran an autoblog. It might be a coincidence that the site where Adsense TOS is violated is an autoblog, but it’s not because of autoblog. It might be because of some reasons or some stupid activities by the owner.

Should I worry about Copyright Infringement?
    The answer is simple. Does Ezinearticles, Goarticles, Articlealley, Amazines, and other articles sites complains when their articles are republished on other websites with the link to the original page and author’s resource box? These article directories allow article republication as long as you post the article source so the answer is “NO”. You should not worry about copyright infringement.

Should I worry about Google not indexing my autoblog because I have duplicate content?
    A single PLR article always republished a dozen times but most of them are still indexed by Google. If you want a little bit unique content then you should use a plugin that can rewrite articles before publication.

How Autoblogs get traffic?
    If you have hundreds of Autoblogs you should not worry about the traffic. As I mentioned above, it should be a “set and forget”. Traffic should come from search engines when your blogs’ pages are indexed. But if you have some penny to pay for linkbuilding and coail bookmarking, no one prohibits you from doing so.

Can you give a short guideline on how to create an SEO and Adsense friendly Autoblog?

The following is what I’ve been doing for the last... continue reading

Titing Kabayo, Dec 24, 2009 IP
    vaibhavd likes this.
  2. calcalmx123

calcalmx123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, cool guide. But what plugins do you recommend for me to use if I was to setup an auto blog.

calcalmx123, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  3. Woochy

Woochy Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest feedwordpress.

Woochy, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  4. necroz

necroz Peon

Best Answers:
    Huh, if you want to lose time, sure, go with autogenerated content. Maybe after Google bans you, you'll learn to do something more useful.
    And how are you suggesting people to get traffic if all their get is duplicated content ? They won't even show in search results. Ofcourse, unless they do link building, but if they do, why not build links to your legitimate site ? Why risk putting money into building links to doorway-like pages that can be banned anytime (meaning you lose all invested money) ?

necroz, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  5. denniss

denniss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PEOPLE, DO NOT LISTEN TO HER UNLESS YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR ADSENSE ACCOUNT BANNED!!!!

The poster appears to be confused about how Adsense works.

And here is what Google has to say about it -- http://www.google.com/adsense_dmca.html

So once again, don't listen to this poster, she's either very naive or incredibly stupid.
    And read again what Google has to say about it directly from GOOGLE, not clueless forum posters.

http://www.google.com/adsense_dmca.html

P.S. I've personally shut down AdSense for owners of autoblogs that were abusing my site's RSS feed by complaining to Google, so I know how it works.

denniss, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  6. miakiru

miakiru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you read through Google's policy very carefully...

Basically, if you grab content and post it without permission from the original author then that is copyright infringement and yes, google will ban your account. If however you grab content and use it with permission everything is fine and dandy.

miakiru, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  7. Traveling

Traveling Peon

Best Answers:
    This sounds good and definitely not against AdSense TOS as you are using content that comes with republishing license, however all of the article directories you mention use excerpts in their RSS feeds, hence it's not gonna do you any good. Any decent article directories that have full articles in their RSS feeds?

Traveling, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  8. irawan

irawan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why you shut down their account. Why you not contact the owner of blog first. There are many persuasive ways to solve this poblem..

irawan, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  9. abluegrape

abluegrape Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont understand why people make loads of shitty websites for a few bucks when you can have a single good website that would wipe the floor with autoblogs. I have tried the autoblog route and making many adsense websites and the payout was crap!

I have three websites that I really work on and they pay very well indeed.

abluegrape, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  10. denniss

Best Answers:
    Why should I use other methods other than the legal one (going through Google) with someone that's ripping off my original content?

They take my money by stealing my (copyrighted) work, so I make sure they don't get paid for that. After they have their revenues taken and AdSense account shut down they might think twice about stealing from honest webmasters.

Also, trying to locate, contact, and persuade webmasters of autobologs is too much of a hassle for me. So instead every few months I make a search in Google for titles of my articles, find the blogs that steal them and report the sites to both Adsense (http://www.google.com/adsense_dmca.html) so they'd close their account there and to Google's Search department (http://www.google.com/dmca.html) so their sites would get an SERP penalty or get delisted completely.

Worked like a charm every time.

denniss, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  11. denniss

Best Answers:
    The issue is that 99.9% of all autoblogs out there do not stick "article sites" due to low quality of articles and huge duplicate penalties on those articles (it's impossible to get a good SERP by re-posting an article that 1,000 other sites also reposted) but go after the known (and copyrighted) sites in their niche.

Yet many other autoblogs reprint stuff from article sites without linking to the original source -- so once again, copyright infringement (whether it's a conscious decision or they don't know how to use wordpress autoblog plugins is irrelevant).

So this so called "guide" is misleading at the least, especially this part:

I laughed really hard while reading it.

denniss, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  12. miakiru

miakiru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, but the blogs you're talking about are stealing your content. When you submit articles to ezinearticles and goarticles and most other article directories you are giving permission to use your articles, and therefore it is not copyright infringement, unless they take out the author box resources, which most autoblogs don't.

GOOD autoblogs take content from article directories that GIVE PERMISSION for them to repost them, and therefore there is no reason for them to be banned.

miakiru, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  13. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh... So they will allow Warez sites and other unscrupulous players, but they ban autoblogs. Yeah right.

First of all... Google can go to hell where they belong. Second, if you want to run an autoblog just do it. There are plenty of ad providers out there, Google is just one of many.

Third... I have no idea why you took minutes out of your day to write this thread in the first place. People don't appreciate you, so what was the point of wasting your time?

BadBoyzStudioZ, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  14. latzxs

latzxs Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL...

First and the last sentence i would write is..

the only thing that the thread starter wrote/start this thread was.....to get income with her/his autoblog program, eventually she/he will tell us to buy the program :) lol..

latzxs, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  15. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as the blogger follws the following terms, no problem with Google TOS.

16. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    I gave up... I want to help but people who know nothing keeps on posting negative comments without reading and understanding... Okay okay, do not run autoblog is you don't like.. no bug deal...

No big deal, no big deal.. if you thing google will ban your account because you republished ezinearticles with full permission then I have nothing to do if that is your belief...

Please close this thread.....

17. AltIvan

AltIvan Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah; there is people who just dont investigate a little bit about stuff.

You are incredibly stupid, you know why? she is givin information for free to you and the rest of us just for personal (mutual) benefit but you insult her for doing so, something that is clearly way more retarded.

This is the Ultimate Retard; if you actually read the post she wrote about it, you find out that there is free plug-ins and ways to generete content.. yeah, for free, my retarded fellow; why would you pay for something that the same person that is selling it to you is showing you that is actually FREE?

And BTW your fear is totally unfaunded; you can always have another adsense account to try autobloggin or any new stuff that you may want. Dont close this thread, there is always retarded people, you have to cope with them no matter how good your advise for them may be. Thanks btw.

... before the "retardness" comes again...
    And no, is not illegal to have more than 1 adsense account, and even if it were you can make it at the name of another person, something totally legal if you have the aproval of that person. And dont even think to start insulting my english, is not my first languaje.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
    AltIvan, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  18. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you.....

Titing Kabayo, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  19. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually it's an interesting discussion, so sorry to see it get nasty.
    As far as I can understand, the source of the content is the key consideration. Some auto-bloggers use article spinner to spin content from Associated Content and other writing sites, that's why they get into trouble.
    Unless the articles from Ezine are stolen content, then the autoblog owner can get into problem.
    However, I still prefer to write and own my content.

scheng1, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  20. Acorn7

Acorn7 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have looked at the official Adsense forum you would see that Autoblog owners are losing their accounts. Its true that Adsense never state exactly why it disables an account but it is the general concensus from the "experts" that copied content is the reason.
    Adsense has this to say

Unique content: We want visitors to sites in the AdSense network to have a good experience, so please publish content that's interesting and unique. Avoid using "doorway" pages created just for search engines, or other cookie cutter approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content. If you're participating in an affiliate program, give people a reason to visit your site first.

You will also note that more and more sites (not autoblogs) are getting disabled for copied content and I think that Adsense has started to purge all inferior and copied content sites.
    Just do a little check on any "I have been banned" thread and check their blog/ website with copyscape.com , many have copied content.

Acorn7

Acorn7, Dec 25, 2009 IP