1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Movie / TV Show Site SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by gr8webseller, Dec 22, 2009.

I am having a TV Show and Movie site at http://www.belmos.com,,,, its age is 1 year plus, first it is a weight loss site, then i changed it to a tv show and movie site,,,, i update my site regularly with new movies and tv shows like daily some 50 - 100 posts,,,, totally i am having 4.5k posts,,,, but my traffic from google is very low like 1000 uv per day,,,,, it is not getting increased, for past 1 month i was in 1000,,,, i want more traffic to my site, i need good advice,,,,,,,,

and also, my site is properly get indexed by google, google webmaster tools is showing sitelinks to my site, my site is having PR3,,,

gr8webseller, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  2. SEO_Pirate

SEO_Pirate Peon

Best Answers:
    You now need to start building links to your website :)

SEO_Pirate, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  3. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I notice that your site are good in ranking and google index over 1k pages from your 4.5k pages, not bad a one year old blog.

I noticed that your site is DMOZ listed and gets 4.7k backlinks.

Now, you need to target low competitive keywords and start building links towards your blog or internal pages.

You can always start from:
    - dofollow social bookmarking
    - dofollow article directory submission
    - dofollow blog commenting
    - dofollow forum posting
    etc

I suggest dofollow link building b'coz Google ranking system give credit to dofollow links to help your site rank higher in SERP ranking.

atniz, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  4. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the nice answer, but i think my site is not in dmoz,

gr8webseller, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  5. DASHBOY

DASHBOY Guest

Best Answers:
    1. You have to make sure that your content is ALWAYS FRESH. If you have fresh content Google will give you more traffic.

2. Identify your keywords

3. Inorder to get more traffic, You have to be on TOP in Google for keyword search, To do so, you have to get lots of backlinks to your site (home page as well as inner pages and etc). There are many ways to get backlinks, you can check here in DP for that. Blog comments, social bookmarks, article submissions, profile link building, directory submissions, linkwheel and etc are some ways to get backlinks to your site. Also, when you get backlinks make sure that, you are doing it naturally.

DASHBOY, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  6. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    i get content from imdb, which is not original, but since i get content from deep pages, i will be the 2nd person who add those content,,, i hear that google won't care much about this

gr8webseller, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  7. mhuy2x

mhuy2x Peon

Best Answers:
    Movies and TV shows are highly competitive niche. Thousands or even millions of sites are competing for traffic daily so that probably explain why you only get few visits from Google.

So just keep on adding new and fresh contents. Link building can also help increase your traffic

mhuy2x, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  8. SunstarShop

SunstarShop Peon

Best Answers:
    Target your effective keywords, and get more links. Analyse your visitors get into your sites by which keywords, and then get anchor links for them, your traffic will increse, this is the main way to get traffic, and besides, you can get traffic by link referrals, and post ad on some theme related sites. Hope this is hopeful!

SunstarShop, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  9. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    participate in related forum and discussion so it will help you out.

newlogo, Dec 23, 2009 IP