1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jo OK I understand what saying for the most part. I have 2 blogs. While there are Go

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by allwayslearning, Dec 20, 2009.

I am wondering if having keywords in my blog post is really worth the effort.

On a website keywords are valuable because you build a page that is rarely changed once it is on you site so there is time for search engines to find it and rank it based on keywords and other factors but a blog is one long page of post after post with the latest post at the top and the older post moving down,
    With that kind of system I do not see how keyword density and having the right keywords helps. The reason I think that is because the order of the blog post each with its own keywords is not at the top of the list long enough to do any good.

Since I really do not know anything about how this works this is only speculation so if I am wrong I would appreciate if someone would tell me how it works. Let me say that I can write better post without using keywords so I am hoping they don't make any difference on a blog. My post are only 200 words at the longest so because the content is so small it is hard to write with keywords and make it so the public gets something out of it. Your thoughts are welcome

allwayslearning, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  2. zgost

zgost Peon

Best Answers:
    keyword rich articles can help get you traffic, but make sure you choose the words carefully so that you can get quality traffic. Pick unique keywords applicable to your site, not just words you think will generate the most traffic.

zgost, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  3. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    search engines that crawl your page use very word on the page to determine something. So if you write about a subject your words are keywords.

If you specifically target a keyword phrase you should include that phrase or a very close approximation of the phrase in the title of your post.

Grab a wordpress plug in like all in one seo and take the time to figure out how to configure it.

Next write your text using good Titles and Headlines in the body where appropriate.

Now your job is to get incoming and outgoing links that are using anchor text that targets the content of your page.

That's how you leverage keywords. But ranking is more than just keywords.

Good luck, the more you practice the better you get.

internetmarketingiq, Dec 23, 2009 IP