1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Logoflare Megathread

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by theprofitweb, Dec 4, 2009.

Hello everyone. My name is Ben Jacques and I'm an 18 year old graphic designer attending the Savannah College of Art and Design. I created Logoflare (a blog about graphic design) a while ago but it was hard to maintain while I was trying to get ready for finals in college. Now that I'm on break, I'm going to start posting regularly again and this thread will keep you updated on what is going on with my site and show you the latest blog posts.

Logoflare acts as my online portfolio to showcase my artwork, a store that sells custom products and gives a cut to Invisible Children, and a blog about graphic design and everything that you can do to improve yourself as an artist. It also includes interviews with talented artists, reviews on popular graphic design products, and a lot of really cool Photoshop tutorials. It's relatively new so I'd appreciate it if you guys/gals could take the time to check it out, leave a comment or two, and let me know what you think. I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful information there and I look forward to hearing your comments.

So please take the time to check out my new site, learn a thing or two, and help a new blogger reach a large audience to discuss everything graphic design related! http://www.logoflare.com Thanks so much!

theprofitweb, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  2. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    Really nice articles on your website, I'm subscribed for sure! Could you talk more about graphic design schools; what you study and how you study it?

Thanks!

Hecky, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  3. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm attending the Savannah College of Art and Design and majoring in graphic design with a minor in advertising. Thanks so much for checking out my site. I'll definitely come out with a post soon about my college experience thus far.

theprofitweb, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  4. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    New Blog Post: Why Clean Markup Matters

Because the web is constantly changing and evolving, it becomes even more important to know what you’re doing when it comes to building a new website. Your website should be able to keep up with all the changes that are happening instead of falling behind and losing the viewer’s attention. This is where clean markup comes in. (Click Here To Read The Rest)

theprofitweb, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  5. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Check Out My First Youtube Video Everyone! It's About My Blog!

(CLICK HERE TO WATCH IT)

I basically describe the different sections of my blog and talk about myself a little bit. It's my first youtube video ever! There will definitely be more to come.

theprofitweb, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  6. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    theprofitweb, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  7. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    theprofitweb, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  8. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    New Blog Post: Great Ways To Monitor Website Traffic

If you plan on becoming a graphic designer, then constructing a portfolio site is a must. Not only will it get your name out there for everyone to see, but it will benefit you in ways you’ve never dreamed of. The same can be said when it comes to monitoring your website traffic. If you keep track of who visits your website and where they come from, you will be much better off than designers who don’t.

theprofitweb, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  9. BoGFx

BoGFx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like it, I like the info.

Could you post something about what the school did for you?

BoGFx, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  10. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. I've been getting a lot of requests to post something about my school so I'll have a blog post up about it shortly.

theprofitweb, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  11. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    New Blog Post: Helpful Wordpress Plugins For Your Blog

If you’re interested in starting your own Wordpress-powered blog, then you need to know about the many different plugins that will help you maintain your blog with ease. Wordpress plugins can make your site look more professional, increase functionality, and help you gain traffic just by installing them.

theprofitweb, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  12. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    New Blog Post: Teaching Designers And Developers To Get Along

Designers and developers have always been known to take completely different views on the same design project, which often results in a feud. Developers are concerned about the functionality of the website while designers are focused on the overall appearance of the website. Everyone wants to accomplish the same goal, but they go about it in completely different ways and often have different expectations of success.

theprofitweb, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  13. mozareli

mozareli Peon

Best Answers:
    great post!

mozareli, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  14. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    New Blog Post: What I Did When The Power Went Out.

As some of you may already know, the reason that I hadn’t submitted a blog post on Logoflare yesterday was because my power went out. When I’m not in college I live in Maryland and the area where I live is always affected by changing weather conditions before everywhere else is. That could be because I live on the top of a fairly large mountain and most of my friends live deep down in a valley. Needless to say, I see snow before any of them do and snow usually lasts longer up here than anywhere else.

theprofitweb, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  15. Xactor201

Xactor201 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for showing me your blog, great job. I enjoyed it.

Xactor201, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  16. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your support everyone! Glad you like my articles :)

New Blog Post: How To Deal With Common Graphic Design Problems

Very often a graphic designer will dive headfirst into a new design project which looks very promising but can turn out to be a complete disaster. Speaking from experience, I have wound up in these situations and they can cause a pretty big headache along with a lot of problems if you don’t know how to handle them properly. If you educate yourself on these situations you can avoid stress and problems with clients that could potentially come up when working on a project.

theprofitweb, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  17. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    New Blog Post: How To Prepare For A Career In Graphic Design

The career field of graphic design grows more and more competitive every day. People realize the money that available in this career and they find comfort knowing that they can work from the comfort of their own home. You can work for a small or large agency or work as a freelancer from home. In order to survive as a graphic designer in such a competitive field it is essential that you start learning as much about what you can do to succeed as early as you can.

theprofitweb, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  18. BossBozz

BossBozz Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice looking site but it's a shame all your images are hosted externally, I clicked one to have a better look and got taken to another site that didn't serve me your image but did try to serve me a bunch of pop ups instead!

BossBozz, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  19. theprofitweb

theprofitweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Ooh, sorry to hear that. I haven't heard of popups coming from that site before. I'll look into it.

New Blog Post: How Web Designers Can Improve Their Customer Service

Most web designers are so busy with their current projects that answering calls from past clients often seems like an unnecessary and non-profitable task. Here is how you can connect with your old clients again and make a profit from it. A lot of designers have the mindset that web design isn’t like other businesses. Because of this, they feel that they don’t have to behave as other businesses do.

theprofitweb, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  20. zgost

zgost Peon

Best Answers:
    Try imgur.com instead of shareapic. It's a rock solid external imagehost.

zgost, Dec 22, 2009 IP