1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to convert videos for iPod, iPhone and Apple TV on Mac OS X

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by happy511, Jul 24, 2008.

This is the instruction for converting various video formats to most widely used devices such as Apple iPod, Apple iPhone, Apple TV, Sony PSP, Microsoft Zune and Mobile Phone.
    This application is an all-in-one video converting tool that can convert almost all kinds of video formats for your devices. The converting speed is fast and the quality of output files is excellent. This program is easy-to-use. Please follow the steps below to convert video between formats effortlessly.

(1) Download Any Video Converter Pro for Mac and install it.

(2) Click "Add Files" button to browse the video clips from your local machine. Video formats like AVI, VOB, MOV, WMV, ASF, MPEG-4, 3GP, RM, RMVB, FLV, MPG, M1v, M2V, etc can be converted by this application. You can also simply drag-and-drop the video files to the application
    [​IMG]

(3) Choose an output format from the Profile drop-down list in the middle of the application. Mp4 output for iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune and mobile phone is available. Also MPEG-1, MPEG-2, WMV, AVI, FLV, mobile phone 3GP output formats are available. If you want to share videos on YouTube, just choose FLV as output format.
    [​IMG]

(4) Usually, default settings are good enough and they’re recommended. However, you can customize settings completely as you like. Under the Profile list, you can find General, Video and Audio tabs. Settings as follows can be customized. You can even input a value as you like except the device only accepts a certain video size.

[​IMG]

General tab: Here you can set the Output Filename, Output Directory, Start Time, and Stop Time.

Video tab: Here you can set the Video Codec, Video Size, Video Bitrate, Video Framerate, and decide whether to Keep Aspect or not.

Audio tab: Here you can set the Audio Codec, Audio Bitrate, Sample Rate, Audio Channel, and A/V Sync.

(5) Before conversion, if you want to preview the movie, just select the movie you want to preview and click the play button. There is a little square mark that you can use to go backward or forward.

(6) There are also some more options. Click top left Any Video Converter Pro > Preferences, a Preference window will appear:
    [​IMG]

Default Output Directory: Here you can define the default output folder where the output files are located.
    Recursive While Import Files: Check this option if you want to import the video files which are in the subfolders of current folder.
    Overwrite Files While Converting: This option will automatically overwrite the previous converted file if there is a file with the same name.
    Log: Select this option if you want to keep the logging info, for the analyses for future use. You can also change its path.

(7) Now, click “Encoding” button to start the converting. Within the Library, Unconverted/Converting shows videos added to the application. You can directly reach a certain output format by clicking the format in Converted list. Double click on these lists, and Any Video Converter Pro for Mac will lead you to the output directory. Now you can transfer the converted video(s) to your target device and enjoy!

happy511, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  2. iphoneuser

iphoneuser Peon

Best Answers:
    Great information for convert videos for iPod, iPhone and Apple TV on Mac OS X

Iphoneuser

iphoneuser, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  3. vengs

vengs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have a look at "format factory"...lately i found it quite impressive

vengs, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  4. Ehmad

Ehmad Peon

Best Answers:
    Ehmad, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  5. iphoneuser

iphoneuser Peon

Best Answers:
    its working thaks Ehmad.

iphoneuser, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  6. BlackApache

BlackApache Member

Best Answers:
    I can convert it to a massively sized .png for you, so you get transparency and high quality so you can scale to any size, just like a vector.

Hit me up with that pm you were supposed to give me, and Ill do it later.

BlackApache, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  7. evapeng

evapeng Peon

Best Answers:
    is there a version for windows os? my computer is based on windows xp. need a converter for windows....

evapeng, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  8. jumpjump

jumpjump Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are windows user, Personally, I use AVS Video Converter for all video conversion, I used it to convert all my DVD rips from .avi to .mp4's for my iPod. Here's some of the features from their site:
    Convert Video between Almost Any Formats:
    HD Video (inc. AVCHD, MPEG-2 HD and WMV HD), TOD, MOD, M2TS, AVI (DivX, Xvid, etc.), MP4 (inc. Sony PSP and Apple iPod), WMV, 3GP, QuickTime (MOV, QT), SWF, DVD, VOB, VRO, MPEG-1, 2, 4, H.263, H.264, Real Video, DVR-MS, MKV, FLV etc.
    If you want a try,here:
    http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx
    If you are Mac users, please choose iPod Video Converter for Mac.
    hope it helps.

jumpjump, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  9. kethy123456

kethy123456 Peon

Best Answers:
    for the windows user, i would like to introudce the followings dvd converter:
    1. Snowfox dvd&video converter:
    2.xilisoft dvd converter
    3.wondershare dvd converter

Online converter:Zamzar (http://www.zamzar.com/url/)

kethy123456, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  10. Michellylei

Michellylei Active Member

Best Answers:
    Michellylei, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  11. angelican

angelican Guest

Best Answers:
    That looks very nice. i will have a try

angelican, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  12. jckl83

jckl83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Video Converter for Mac is excellent and powerful video conversion software, this Mac Video Converter is designed for Mac users and video buffs that lets user edit and convert video, audio, extract audio and pictures from videos.

Video Converter for Mac supports various video formats as source file and converts between all sorts of video audio files, including MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI, M4V, WMV, 3GP, RM, MPEG, MKV, SWF, MOD, MTS, TOD, etc. Convert video and save for Apple iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Google Android phones, PSP, BlackBerry, iRiver and other multimedia devices.

More Info:

jckl83, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  13. nellee

nellee Peon

Best Answers:
    For PC users, try SUPER. It's pretty good:

MPEG Streamclip is very good if you run OS X.

nellee, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  14. hyutars

hyutars Member

Best Answers:
    hyutars, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  15. moshecogan

moshecogan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great information for convert videos!

moshecogan, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  16. Doom23

Doom23 Peon

Best Answers:
    As for me,for transfer Ipad, i prefer use macvide. com Macvide iPad Converter.It's can help you convert many others video formats.

Doom23, Dec 22, 2010 IP