1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Myspace to get users on forums

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by emforce, Dec 21, 2009.

Hi guys I created my account a week ago today and tomorrow I am allowed to make my group. But I would like to know how you guys add people who would be willing to join your forums? I mean someone talked about an add-er but how does that work?

Any clarification on the matter would be great!

emforce, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  2. plusplustutoring

plusplustutoring Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems that nowadays there are very few serious business partners on Myspace.

plusplustutoring, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  3. emforce

emforce Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry? I was told that this was a good technique to getting targeted people to sign up to your forums. Apparently it provides quite a few hundred members, which is just what I need to get my forums rolling...

So if your trying to take a stab at me don't bother.

emforce, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  4. DigitalChuck

DigitalChuck Peon

Best Answers:

It is - that guy just doesn't know how to attract users from MySpace - so he thinks it's dead or something LOL....

There are plenty of good ways to promote your forum using MySpace - and starting the group is a great way to get users who are searching for "Gaming Forums" or video games, to find you.

MySpace is a great source of members for your forum.

To get things moving along a little faster - you may consider trying some of the friend adder sites - having more friends means having more of a chance of showing up on someone's "Top Friends" list and having users find you that way as well.

Normally I would say My site in my signature would be the best bet - but for your niche - I'd say - try Spuko.com as well - since it's primarily for MySpace members who enjoy playing video games.

Having more friends, tends to lead to getting more friends. Hopefully those friends will convert for you soon.

You're going to need a lot more content in your forums before you start seeing those 100's of signups though. They need a reason to join! You seem to be off to a good start though.

Plus - another good way to get some MySpace members is to get some link partners. Try MySpacePros.com

Hope I helped answer your question in some way.

Best Regards
    Chuck

DigitalChuck, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  5. emforce

emforce Member

Best Answers:
    wow thanks man! Very in-depth answer!

I will look into it :D

I just hope this helps me start my forums going! They have been quite lucrative for myself on the 1-2 active members a day! $0.10 a day so far! :D Lets see if I can get that to $10/day!

emforce, Dec 21, 2009 IP