1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Best Way to Get Free Traffic to Your Web Site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dollarswealth, Dec 20, 2009.

The best method to get free traffic to your web site is writing and submitting articles. The only real disadvantage of this method is that you need time to write your articles. Never expect to get tons of traffic by just submitting a few articles. To increase traffic you are going to have to make a sincere effort to write at least 20 or 30 articles to begin seeing the results that you want.

You mustn't be a professional writer to use this method. Just keep writing and submitting. The more articles you write the better you will get at it. Just like with everything you want to get better in life you have to make it a daily habit and do it consistently. Keep this in mind when it comes to articles and you will start building your free traffic machine.

A wise man once said there is no such thing as free traffic and I agree. Put it this way even if is free economically it still takes your time so make sure to use your time wisely.

dollarswealth, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  2. Pepinfo

Pepinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said amigo, a few articles is not enough to see results and like you said nothing is actually free especialy when writing articles but then again the time spent could be well worht the effort. There's a new and much quicker way to get free targeted traffic to your site than article marketing and that's the use of Google Alerts all it costs is a little time but nothing like writing articles check out my signiture to see how quick & easy it is

Chow 4 now

Pepinfo, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  3. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    This isn't something new...

Can you teach us other methods that are NOT mentioned in the forum?

blogaboutnothin, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  4. dukeofism

dukeofism Peon

Best Answers:
    This is good information, but it has been around for ever.
    I think craigslist ad posting is a great way to drive traffic to your website. I generally can generate about 50-100 UVs to my website from a single Craigslist ad.

If you are looking to learn more about craigslist traffic, PM me.

dukeofism, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  5. hneagle1

hneagle1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't really agree with you when you say you don't need to be a "professional writer." I think that you do need to provide excellent content in order to get noticed in the marketing world. You should strive to be a excellent writer rather than an average writer because users will take in consideration the effort that you place upon a piece of writing when they make a buying decision.

hneagle1, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  6. famous2313

famous2313 Member

Best Answers:
    Does yahooanswers really work?

When you use yahoo answers does the leads

convert to sales?

famous2313, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  7. KeywordFairy

KeywordFairy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hah! I was so happy about posting about my cool new find, but then I saw this thread! :p

@famous2313 IMHO, I think using Yahoo! Answers can convert, if you use it correctly. You'd want to link to an information site that provides relevant information to the person who asked. I love Yahoo Answers (just as a "normal" member), but most of the time your question doesn't a satisfactory answer. In those cases, a well thought out response with your link (not an affiliate link) in the "Sources" box could very well end up converting.

The person who asked the question (and others who find it through a search engine) will be hungry for the answer, and click over to your site.
    In theory, it can work out really well. You just have to know what you're doing and don't be obvious about the fact that you are marketing.

KeywordFairy, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  8. udayns

udayns Peon

Best Answers:
    Start your site optimization. you will get free traffic from search engines.

udayns, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  9. ian0031

ian0031 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, article submission is one of the best way to have tons of traffic but you may need to create and submit a lot of article on those article directories. You can do also the "link wheel" strategies which article writing is involved too.

ian0031, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  10. haiwin

haiwin Peon

Best Answers:
    writing is better way to get traffice ,however it is not easy to write good article

haiwin, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  11. jeffdean9297

jeffdean9297 Guest

Best Answers:
    Articles is a great way to get traffic. A sneaky trick you can use with Ezine Articles is using a PTC service like DonkeyMails and flooding the article with traffic just to boost the view count. Then your article will show up in the top viewed articles in that category and you'll get a ton of clicks from that article... Do this many times and, well... You'd be surprised.

I've said too much already :-x

jeffdean9297, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  12. manilodisan

manilodisan Peon

Best Answers:
    I would encourage anyone to build something which brings traffic even when you sleep. CL traffic dies as soon as you stop posting. Is good for quick sales but not when we talk about traffic.

manilodisan, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  13. Traveling

Traveling Peon

Best Answers:
    Seeing threads like this one gives me hope. For as long as webmasters continue investing their precious time and skills to growing somebody else's sites, there will be more money for me. The more webmasters who believe in unsustainable methods of marketing, the more sustainable traffic for me. Nothing more to add, carry on ;)

Traveling, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  14. mina2020

mina2020 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that article marketing the most powerful method to get free traffic
    and it is even better than the paid traffic
    Thank you

mina2020, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  15. manilodisan

manilodisan Peon

Best Answers:
    On the long run..

manilodisan, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  16. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to write like a professional to build up copywriting skills. It is a way to increase your conversions.

blogaboutnothin, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  17. hixsonvol

hixsonvol Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like using articles to build traffic. The posters have been correct. A few articles are ok, but when you get 20 or 30 out there, if you have researched your keywords well, it will surprise you.

Once in a while you end up landing an article above the fold on page 1 for the term and it can be fun watching the hits convert over!

hixsonvol, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  18. invader_tvr

invader_tvr Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the wonderful information.... :)

invader_tvr, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  19. Fire_Bird

Fire_Bird Peon

Best Answers:
    you can post your site in free chatting sites. It is really spamming but a nice and working method.

Fire_Bird, Jan 11, 2010 IP