1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I submit a domain with 301 redirect to directories?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by pmaro, Dec 20, 2009.

I have a domain AAAA.com (which is a domain that I used a 301 redirect and has one on my main keyword in the domain name)
    to domain BBBB.com (which is my website)

Can I submit my 301 redirected domain to directories AND my main website to directories or is Google going to penalise me?

pmaro, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  2. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you eventually planning on moving that site permanently or are you planning on a 301 redirect permanently?

an0n, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Probably depends on what directories you're sending to. Many will not list redirects.

robjones, Dec 20, 2009 IP
    hyper likes this.
  4. pmaro

pmaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Am planning a 301 redirect permanently

pmaro, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  5. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If submitted to one of mine, but made the effort to contact me to let me know about the redirect prior to, and depending on the site, I would allow and extend the courtesy of giving you a review.

I would also expect/ask you of your time-lined goal for which you plan on achieving your permanent redirect as well. Once everything is established then, and only then would I suggest you submit.

Just know that if the time-line is not met, I would remove any existence of the site from the directory, and do it without notice as it would be your responsibility to keep up your end of the promise.

an0n, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  6. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    Why promote it then? just submit your new actual website. The only reason you are doing this is probably to submit both websites to the same directory.
    Useless as Google will count it as 1 link to the actual website. Expecting traffic may be?

Also forget about the keyword in your old domain, Google won't see it, the old domain now serves only to transfer any backlinks to the new website (counted if they are relevant).

enQuira, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  7. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most directories wont approve redirects...I wont allow it unless, as Rob mentioned, the submitter notifies my prior to submission explaining the reason for redirection...

alistair80, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  8. subet

subet Banned

Best Answers:
    It is better to remove redirect and make a real website there. Otherwise, most directories will not accept it and even ban your domain.

subet, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  9. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most directory softwares check the submitted link. If the HTTP status code is 'anything' apart from 200 OK, they don't let the submission go through. Better submit before redirecting, though many editors will delete the submission later.

jitendraag, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  10. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally decline submissions that are 301 redirected to a different website

Nima, Dec 22, 2009 IP
    hyper likes this.
  11. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I specified directly in my guidelines that sites with redirects are not allowed. Sorry.

Ibn Juferi, Dec 22, 2009 IP
    hyper likes this.
  12. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Good point.

Most directories will advise you in guidelines about redirect submissions policies.
    If you plan to use redirect, then make sure you read Submission Guidelines first.

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Dec 23, 2009 IP