1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is AdWord directly linking worth it? If not, how do I design a good landing page?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by matthieuim, Dec 17, 2009.

I am considering promoting a product with adwords and was wondering whether I should direct link or make a landing page. I know that if I direct link I will sacrifice a few conversions, but for right now I am happy with a 1% conversion rate (I'll make optimizations later on).

I was just wondering if any of you are having success with direct linking and if not, I have no idea how to make a good landing page, so I would need a little help there.

Thank you in advance for your help.

matthieuim, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you know how people figure out if something is "worth it"? They try it and they test it.

If you are waiting around from someone else to figure things out, by the time they do that and share it the opportunity is gone.

internetmarketingiq, Dec 18, 2009 IP
    jacky8 likes this.
  3. tuffkid

tuffkid Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on many factors like how good the product is, etc. You can't just make an assumption as to how good it converts.

tuffkid, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  4. matthieuim

matthieuim Active Member

Best Answers:
    good point lol.

So does anybody have suggestions on how to build a good landing page? I'm kind of lost on this because whenever I google it I get a bunch of ebooks and people trying to sell me stuff.

Thanks

matthieuim, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  5. digitalkev

digitalkev Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried direct linking but it's never been succesful for me (that's when I was being lazy and didn't want to make a landing page).
    With most of these products (or services) you have to presell (with a LP).
    You may have a chance with DL if he product is free, very targeted and with a nice pitch, but even then it is not the best way of selling (at least in my case).
    You need a landing page? Google ZacJohnson, that guy has like two LP for free, don't know HTML? I suggest you learn (w3schools.com)... or you have to pay someone to do your LP.

digitalkev, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  6. webtester01

webtester01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not just buy some PLR templates? Most IMers have a set of ready-made templates for all occasions on their computer (sales letter, pre-sell page, review page, product comparisons, etc) -- all they need to do is change the graphics and the content.

Direct Linking works a lot of time, but be careful of the keywords you bid for. The quality score is based on the vendor's sales page. If you put irrelevant keywords, it might reduce your QS or might even get slap. Now if you wanted your own unique keywords to use on adwords -- well, you would need your own pre-sell page and add those keywords to your landing page.

Your pre-sell page should persuade the user how the product is great, how it benefited you or others, and a call to action that they should buy the product now.

As for where to find landing page templates, I got a whole bunch of these as bonuses when I bought other IM products. You should invest in a "system" that comes with some bonuses to include ready-made templates.

Anyways, just do testing and see what works...and repeat....

webtester01, Dec 19, 2009 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  7. matthieuim

matthieuim Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok, thank you all very much,

Is it ok to use content from the sales page on your landing page?

matthieuim, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  8. indigo21

indigo21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe. Where's blogaboutnothin? He should be hear telling us about email marketing and how we need to build an opt-in list?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
    indigo21, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  9. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that was a real funny post, atleast for me :)

Hey indigo21, you said that you tried finding advice on Google, but i'm sure you are too lazy to have tried hard. You tried for a minute, didn't see anything & came here instead. Good, but you can't carry on like that. Things aren't as easy as you think they are.

Try searching for your keywords on Google (US). You will come across various results and Ads. Now you can see what kind of landing pages people are already using. You shouldn't copy anything but you can get a basic idea.

Don't click on the ads, use the Google Ad Preview Tool instead. Use https://adwords.google.com/select/AdTargetingPreviewTool

jacky8, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  10. indigo21

indigo21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I regret this remark as it sounds really arrogant and smart. It was meant to be light-hearted. Actually, blogaboutnothin's free ebook is actually of really good information and his advice is real and of high quality, I recommend it.

To blogaboutnothin, I apoligize for this and please do keep reminding people of how important an opt-in list is <-- for real I'm not being sarcastic.

11. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    direct linking is BAD.

Make a landing site, learn wordpress maybe. Make a good looking review site.

GeorgR., Dec 22, 2009 IP
  12. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck! Be careful. The AdWords learning-curve is typically long, sometimes steep and often a bit expensive.

This is a complete no-brainer. Make a landing page. 100 times out of 100.

The combination of spending money on AdWords and not having a landing-page is hardly a recipe for profit! If it were as easy as that to do, why wouldn't the vendor just do that himself? Why would he need to pay out all that commission to affiliates?! :eek:

alexa_s, Dec 22, 2009 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  13. indigo21

indigo21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good point Alexa, something people easily overlook.

14. awl03c

awl03c Member

Best Answers:
    I think its been established that you should almost always make a landing page and presell. People like to be convinced that theyre making the right choice.

awl03c, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  15. Nanashi

Nanashi Peon

Best Answers:
    I think most vendors do direct link their sales pages across at least a few keywords. Or if they don't, then they know one or more affiliate will give it a shot for them.

Anyway, I'm with landing page all the way- for the love of God get the email address!

Nanashi, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  16. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    This isn't entirely relevant, but you DO NOT have to use Adwords. Try MSN. The clicks are less expensive,and I've run the exact same campaigns on both networks. For whatever reason I was able to convert nearly twice as well with MSN traffic! Plus, you don't have to worry about that nasty QS . . .

onlinemoniez, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  17. Khan12

Khan12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I always used direct linking but I'd like to try building a LP. Anyway with direct linking clickbank gives you a very useful tool like TID, you know what I'm talking about.
    Big problem for me is how to track keywords with a landing page?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
    Khan12, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  18. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried direct linking to Clickbank products, and then Google hit me with the ban hammer. They don't like direct linking to affiliate pages.

blogaboutnothin, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  19. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:

Good inputs ;)

Lastbutnotleast, Dec 23, 2009 IP