1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SABOTAGE aargghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Discussion in 'Google' started by sarkin ruwa, Dec 17, 2009.

Back in May this year my rankings fell off a cliff and it took me awhile to work out what happened.

After filling a reinclusion request my site came back and then went again I have filed antoher reinclusion and my site came back, but its has never got back to the ammount of traffic it had in May.

Today I check my back links and some schmuck has dropped a link to a blog post with the anchor title xxxxx pills

http://www.collegenews.com/index.ph...citizens_revealed_by_nsa_whistleblower_93848/ :eek:

Now i dont know what to do as all my work is being sabotaged

sarkin ruwa, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  2. sarirejo

sarirejo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    About your backlink, you can contact webmaster to remove that link. it is completely spam link.
    Do you request re inclusion for your dropped position @ serps?

sarirejo, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  3. sarkin ruwa

sarkin ruwa Peon

Best Answers:
    I just emailed them they have removed the link very quickly less than 10 seconds, bit strange

if you back link check my site jp-financial.co.uk you can still see the link

sarkin ruwa, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  4. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google has to re-index the page where the link was removed. It can take a week or so.

SearchBliss, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  5. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah!! That's really strange.
    That shows we have to keep an eye on our backlinks too.

Abhik, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  6. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to keep a look out for more links like that - someone might be trying to google bomb your site. Meaning, they might be building backlinks with unrelated keywords.

Its not enough to get your site banned, but it might be enough to knock your site back in the rankings a little bit.

Be sure to check yahoo for your backlinks, they give a lot more results then google does. And be sure to keep an eye on the backlinks in your google webmaster tools.

~kev~, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  7. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt your issues are the result of a single or even many inbound links. This is precisely why Google states that you generally will not be penalized for inbound links that you have no control over. I think at worse they will just ignore or devalue certain links.

They are sensitive to the fact that webmasters can not control who links to them and if sabotaging a site/competition was as simple as dropping a link(s) to a bad neighborhood site(s) think of the chaos.

LakeCountry, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  8. Serpico

Serpico Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's crazy that one backlink would be able to damage you. Or everyone would be doing this.

Serpico, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  9. BlackIceCreations

BlackIceCreations Peon

Best Answers:
    If this is true and you are getting hit in the SERPS due to someone feeding poor, unrelated links about your site into the google index then every webmaster will have to tread with extreme caution!

I mean all you would have to do is look for a well paid niche and then pay someone to take out the top 20 sites within that niche while you are working to produce 20 sites to take their place....

BlackIceCreations, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  10. steveeyes

steveeyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never bought that scenario, but maybe I'm being naive. If it was true and sites wanted to sabotage their competitor, all they would need to do is submit their link to a few bad sites. Google is too smart for that.

Now if you place a bad link on your own site that is different since you have control over what is and is not on your site.

steveeyes, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  11. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter as long as the same text does not appear on your page. Someone can create 10,000 links to your site about pills. If you don't have the word "pills" on your site, the links will have no effect on Google search results. Yahoo is different. It is *still* possible to bomb Yahoo results.

For more information, search Google for "miserable failure". You'll find the history of the Google bomb.

/*tom*/

longcall911, Dec 18, 2009 IP