1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog not getting indexed

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by LionCirth, Dec 17, 2009.

Hello

I have recently released my 6th blog and for some reasons it is not being indexed. I have checked wordpress and it is allowing search engines to index it.

I have a digg submission indexed in google for it, I have also submitted my site map and it has received the links but has not indexed them.

It has been a couple of weeks, normally with my other blogs they had been indexed in as little as a day to a couple of days. Anyone know why it might not be indexed?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    LionCirth, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  2. Serpico

Serpico Peon

Best Answers:
    Try using clipamrks and jumptags. They're pretty good.

Serpico, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  3. longtime

longtime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should try to do a mass search engine submit. That may help.

longtime, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  4. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should learn to be more patient.

Your domain hasn't been active for "a few weeks" like you claim. It was registered on December 9, that's just over a week ago.

I wouldn't have even noticed that except I have sites in the same industry and know that MaleExtra just launched a few days ago and they didn't announce the name of the product until it was live on Tuesday.

Next time, don't make up stuff.

As for why it's not being indexed, have you considered Google Webmaster Tools? Put it onto your site and check it a day or two later, Google will give you a list of any problems it has with indexing your website.

Christian Little, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  5. LionCirth

LionCirth Member

Best Answers:
    Hello

I am sorry if you feel I was making stuff up, this simply was not the case. I have been working busy on other sites and time has simply gone by quickly so I assumed it had been longer, I am sorry :)

Perhaps I should be more patient, I have simply noticed other blogs of mine being indexed much quicker.

I made an honest mistake of how long I had been waiting :)

Thanks for the replies

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  6. xordslord

xordslord Peon

Best Answers:
    what is your blog anyway? is it blogspot or wordpress.com stuff look like?if you do I think that will need more work to get indexed and you can try pingler.com to ping your site ,I think this will help

xordslord, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  7. Aff

Aff Peon

Best Answers:
    Add at least a couple of links to it from your other sites to get it indexed quickly.

Aff, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  8. LionCirth

LionCirth Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies

It is a wordpress.

I currently have some articles ready to publish.

To be honest I do believe as Christian Little said I might be a little impatient, due to time going so quickly I thought I had released it a lot earlier than that :)

I was just concerned as normally when I do my release plan which is;

* Ping my blog
    * Digg it
    * Stumble it

I normally have it indexed fairly quickly

Ill just have to wait :) well maybe not wait...i have to keep working on content/backlinks lol

9. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    Working on your links TOO FAST and Google will just red flag you. You really need more patience. Slow down.

blogaboutnothin, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  10. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the above all people doesn't know really, that whats going on with new wordpress system :D

Just login into your account, go to "setting" options and then go to "privacy" category and then click on there.

"I would like my blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Sphere, Technorati) and archivers"

and your blog will be start indexing within 24 hours :)

Pammer, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  11. jacquem

jacquem Guest

Best Answers:

I think OP already said WP allows SE to index the blog.

Anyways try to ping it. Try this Pingler.com

jacquem, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  12. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want a really fast way to get it indexed just leave the link in your signature that you've got.

Things you could do:

-Add a robots meta tag to your pages
    -Add Google Webmaster Tools (all you have to do is add a special meta tag to your homepage and you get access to reports from Google on any problems with your site)
    -Be patient

You should also bear in mind that Google is doing a major update shortly (the "Caffeine Update"). It's possible this may slow down indexing of new sites until it's fully live.

And another factor to consider is that it takes a while for penis sites to get indexed (never mind getting ranked). It took my penis site about a month to get indexed properly by Google, and it's just starting to come out of the sandbox and rank now (5 months later). It's just the way things go sometimes.

Christian Little, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  13. erwindegrave

erwindegrave Active Member

Best Answers:
    :) Clipmarks and Jumptags is good for search engine indexation.. Anyway, you might probably submitted your site to search engines more than once?

Normally it will not take very long time to get index unless search engines did not like you submitting your site for so many times...

erwindegrave, Dec 18, 2009 IP