1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion More Paid Services on DP

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Link_Building_Services, Dec 16, 2009.

?

Do you want at least 1 of these suggestions to be implemented on DP?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I want DP to succeed and become even better. And I have some ideas how DP can become even a better forum and at the same get more revenue!

1. I suggest adding an option for users to be able to PAY instead of getting banned. I am sure that there are some people who get infractions not because they are “bad people”, but just because of their “low attention” – by mistake. And I’m sure some of these people would love to get MONEY penalty instead of getting banned for an infraction. I’m so sure because I was such a person. Some time ago I made a few mistakes in a row and got banned. And I had to wait 3 months before I could continue working on DP. I must tell you that I lost few thousands of dollars because of that. So personally I, and I’m sure many other people too, agree to pay, for example, $100 for 10 points of infraction instead of being banned (if it’s temporary ban). It doesn’t mean I’m going to violate the rules. This should be just as an option. Either pay OR get banned. Benefits of this method:
    • This will allow important active users to continue working on DP. DP is interested in active users.
    • A user will realize his mistake by being punished. So the goal of infraction is achieved; next time he’ll be more attentive & admins will have less work.
    • DP will get more revenue.

2. Notify people BEFORE banning them and let them PROVE that they should NOT be banned – and take money, for instance $50, for this since someone (admin) have to spend some time for such a user. I myself was banned some time ago because of a mistake. (One user asked me to send him a PM in my thread, I did and he reported that as spam. And I was banned. Only when my infraction has expired, I proved admin that I should NOT have been banned and he agreed.)

3. I suggest adding an opportunity to bump the thread for $10! And let everyone bump their threads as many times as they want. DP can get a lot of money implementing this feature.

I can give you more suggestions if they are welcome.

I’d appreciate if you guys share your thoughts regarding these suggestions. Does anyone else except me want them too?

Thanks,
    Yaroslav

Link_Building_Services, Dec 16, 2009 IP
    hamish likes this.
  2. b4db0y

b4db0y Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would say No to all of them....But i like point 2 but some editings to it. People getting banned should be allowed 4~5 hours to tell their customers of being banned so the money-related decisions could be made

b4db0y, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  3. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like point 3, especially since I've seen it work in the warrior forum

peepin2me, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  4. lassie911

lassie911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We should at least be notified with the reason! Or have a way to resolve the situation. The problem is nothing is transparent. I get infractions and have post deleted from time to time with absolutely no explanation. If this wasn't a place where we earned a living, it wouldn't be a big deal. But since it is, a ban could literally have someone missing out on paying bills. It's not fun coming here to see you have been banned. It's worse when you don't know why or who to even contact.

lassie911, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  5. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no way I'll pay on a free forum. There is the premium option, which doesn't guarantee you won't get banned at all. If you get banned, there is a good explanation for it. Just obey the rules and you're safe ;)

I say NO at all of them. Sorry man.

Aquarezz, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. No

2. No

If someone breaks our rules it has nothing to do with money. Rules are there for a reason, and the reason is not to try to extort money out of users.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    digitalpoint, Dec 16, 2009 IP
    8everything likes this.
  7. cosminx2003

cosminx2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have one more suggestion if you don't mind. I would like to be a paid option to advertise your products through private messages.
    It should be a system of tagging or keyword targeting for each user using their posts / activity on the forum. And let the user choose the keywords for his product and the forum will automatically send the advertise of his product to all users that match with his keywords through PM.

cosminx2003, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  8. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Paying to be unbanned? No way.

It's a stupid idea, which wouldn't help the forum in anyway (no offense :))

peter_anderson, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  9. Imbo

Imbo Member

Best Answers:
    Well said Shawn. I cannot comprehend how a "businessman" can believe that it's your fault that he cannot offer his service (or that somehow your responsible). The bottom line is, it's a service/forum that you are allowed to use and post on for free.

Does Shawn make money from adsense and ads, sure! $10,000 a month estimated in 2005 and likely to have grown.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/16/technology/16ecom.html?_r=1

If you are not happy with him not allowing you to post your ads or how the BST is run. Perhaps start your own vbulletin forum, and do whatever you please.

Imbo, Dec 16, 2009 IP
    lassie911 likes this.
  10. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That is so full of shit. When you get your 10 infractions, you get an email with every single one of them unless YOU changed your setting to turn off the emails.

DP is a platform. Your ability to use it for business in any way is a privilege, not a right. You lose that privilege when you choose not to abide by the forum rules and end up banned. So lose the sense of entitlement.

You got your answer from Shawn. Not happening. Thread closed.

jhmattern, Dec 16, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.