1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogs being spammed by nickaviles.com

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by alexispetrov, Dec 10, 2009.

The last two days I've received excessive spam comments from www.nickaviles.com - just making a brief post in this section to encourage you all to block IP 174.120.20.66 from commenting.

Thanks all.

alexispetrov, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  2. PankajKumar

PankajKumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why dont u use some spam comments plugins or softwares

PankajKumar, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  3. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    I moderate my comments section; but you miss the point (entirely).

I'm giving other bloggers a heads up and an IP in case they want to block it. Understand?

alexispetrov, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  4. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think he or she missed the point. They offered a valid suggestion. If one was in place, the protection would be catching these comments and marking them as spam so you wouldn't have to worry about it. Thanks though for the notice of the abuse.

Actually we've had ev1/theplanet blocked for over 8 years now. Don't bother complaining. They won't do anything.

edit: Looks like it's actually a hostgator IP address sitting within theplanet space. You may want to send in a complaint to them. We have them graylisted although that's up for debate.

reedit: A quick check of the logs shows 4 4-hour blocks for spam within the last few days. Just made into a month long block.

theapparatus, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  5. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sheese if I had the time to post a forum comment on every spammer on my network of blogs I'd never get anything done.

Go Grab Lester Chan's "BAN" plug in and block all the bad guys. It's free and one of the best plugins I've found. I use it on nearly everything.

And good luck with your Countries Filter legislation... there is some real "down under" thinking on that one. You might not have to worry about anyone getting to yours sites afterall.

And when you plug a site for the positive or the negative you are just giving them free exposure. You are actually helping the Bad Guys. Put the site in quotes to void the link or preferably don't mention them at all... but then that would kill the whole point of the post wouldn't it.

internetmarketingiq, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  6. slstrn

slstrn Peon

Best Answers:
    Why dont u use some spam comments plugins or softwares

slstrn, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  7. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    You may note that this is a report of a repeated spammer, not a one time deal. Different situation than going after "every spammer".

I block nearly 2 million connections at the routers each and every day. Even I go after the repeated offenders. I do that to protect my clients.

theapparatus, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  8. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a quick FYI - I do use spam plugins but sometimes things slip through and I do like to monitor repeat offenders. Giving people a heads up is never a bad thing, if you don't want to block him don't - up to you.

alexispetrov, Dec 18, 2009 IP