1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Why has this scammer not been banned yet

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Peter76, Dec 14, 2009.

1. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    She told you already. They don't get involved in your business deals. No offense, but part of the blame in any transaction belongs to us for not doing our due diligence. It is up to us as buyers to research who we are dealing with and if the product is legal, etc.

I feel terrible that you got taken, that is awful. And I do hope that you get restitution and justice. DP is a forum not a broker. They cannot take action based on your word alone even if they were in the business of arranging deals between people. There is two sides to every story.

Follow what was suggested. It is your best option at the moment. Word spreads fast and if this person is a scam artist they will get what is coming to them eventually. They always do. The reason is simply greed. Most of these types do this over and over and eventually get it in the end.

So follow the great advise given and start right away. The longer you stay in this thread and complain, the less chance you have to make this thing right.

Know what I mean?

BadBoyzStudioZ, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  2. Peter76

Peter76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I already stated my case. Ive been done. Im only responding to users who are posting to me on here.

Peter76, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  3. Imbo

Imbo Member

Best Answers:
    That is all well and good. And I can understand the Moderators viewpoint (it's a hassle to get mixed up in private people's business) and they simply do not have the resources or interest to do so. I get it, I do.

But in this case as in some others, at some point you really have to draw the line. In this particular case: The seller has listed at least 5 websites for sale in the past 3 day's. Most of which are PR3 or greater, and he's attempting to sell them for $80+. Unless they are fake pr, the prices he's charging are extremly undervalued, given the PR and some of the sites are extremly developed.

And in fact in at least one case, the original owner of the website has confirmed that indeed the seller did not have control of the domain and was attempting to defraud DP users. That thread was closed, and I can only assume he was given a 2 point infraction. However, he's since gone on to list several other websites, and take money from DP members in an attempt to defraud them and not transfer over the sites. And probably will continue to do so, until he's stopped! Up until this point the only thing that is halting potential people from further scamming, is Peter76 is going in each an every thread to WARN members that the seller has a history of scamming people.

So at least in this case, I personally think the moderators and staff members should take action against the seller (above and beyond 2 point infractions). I honestly wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow he attempts to sell micro soft (dot)com , as he's becoming more brazen in his attempt to defraud DP members.

The question really should be: What benefit does he provide to Digital Point members and this forum?

Because all that I can see up until this point is, causing a lot of problems. And defrauding unsuspecting Digital Point members.

Imbo, Dec 15, 2009 IP
    Peter76 likes this.
  4. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Banning him isn't going to change anything. Trust me, he will just come back with a new ID the very next day. I don't see how people are able to blindly trust a person with 0 iTraders, coming out with offers which are too good to be true. While buying a site from a member with low iTrader, always ask the seller to first prove ownership of the site, before transferring funds.

peepin2me, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  5. Nonny

Nonny Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The other option is that he's bad at business.

Did the original owner send evidence of that to a mod? Or did he just state "that's my domain" in the thread?

As jhmattern told you, the mods need evidence of fraud, and someone just stating that's the case doesn't do it. There are unfortunately unscrupulous people who claim fraud when it isn't true, so it's not unreasonable for the mods to ask for evidence before they act.

Nonny, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  6. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't be a 'dishonest vicious scammer' like me but a little bit of common sense is always handy when you do business online.

newbie191, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  7. ladyred129

ladyred129 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately there are not moral people always online. Lesson learned on your end, good thing it was only $70, not saying that $70 is chump change. But what I am saying you could have been scammed out of so much more.

I understand you want to stop this thief. Unfortunately the a major issue is he could get his name banned, then start up a new membership.

ladyred129, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  8. arpitagarwal82

arpitagarwal82 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Peter76: Getting scammed and loosing the hard earned money really sucks. The first thing you sould do in such as case is add negative iTrader and negative reputation for the member. This will give an aleart call to all other members.

There was a rule on DP that one cannot post in BST section if he/she have overall negative reputation. I am not sure if this rule still exists or not? (Can a mod confirm this?)

arpitagarwal82, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  9. Peter76

Peter76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did that from the minute I realized I got taken for a ride. The same day actually.;)

Peter76, Dec 16, 2009 IP