1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long did it take everyone to make their first affiliate sale?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by oworsnop, Dec 15, 2009.

I feel like I am doing something wrong...

Iv written about 30 articles for 4 different products in the past 5 or 6 days on ezine and articlesbase, with 12 published, I am just waiting for the others now.

I was just wondering how everyone else get started? Im using landing pages and one redirect to test what converts best, but it just seems like Im getting nowhere, and to be honest I'm getting a bit disillusioned.

Iv read loads on this forum, and applied it with the best of my ability (being a newbie and all).

Anyway let me know what you all think.

Also Il let you all know when I make my first sale!

Owen.

oworsnop, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  2. biglegg

biglegg Peon

Best Answers:
    It is all a bit of trial and error to start with but you seem to be doing things right so keep at it and have patience.

biglegg, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It took me a few weeks once I started focusing on my site

Brandon Sheley, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  4. cecille20

cecille20 Peon

Best Answers:
    It took one month for me.. And it really depends on how you gonna promote it. So hard work is really needed. :)

cecille20, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  5. pmt14

pmt14 Peon

Best Answers:
    pmt14, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  6. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Owen,

The number to keep your eye on is how many clicks you've gotten. The more TARGETED clicks you are able to get, the faster you'll get sales.

When you are just getting started it can take a couple hundred clicks before you make the 1st sale. Depending on how good you are at ad placement, pre sell and getting targeted traffic and how well the product converts, conversions should be much better than that eventually. More like 50/1.

Hang in there. Getting the 1st sale can be as painful as birthing a baby, but after the 1st sale they come easier.

5starAffiliates, Dec 17, 2009 IP