1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CEO Eric Schmidt on Google and Personal Data (Surprising!)

Discussion in 'Google' started by Guthix121, Dec 14, 2009.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/07/schmidt_on_privacy/
    Eric Schmidt is saying that you should not worry about who has your personal information unless you are doing something illegal. This has caused a lot of anger, and I agree.

In fact, Asa Dotzler (Co-Founder of Firefox) wants the browser to switch it's default browser to Bing after Schmidt's comments.

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/2009/12/if_you_have_nothing.html
    What is your opinion on this? How do you feel about Google having your personal information?

Guthix121, Dec 14, 2009 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  2. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When too much people is depending on them then people will start to realize they can't do anything about them. My sites have no adsense slots at all. Guess why?

wptheme, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  3. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Corporates run on profitability not on ethics, google can make more profit by storing your personal profile information like what all do you buy using paypal/credit card
    Whom all do u chat in gmail ,etc may be stored somewhere in google
    to show you better crap ad from google adword.

it career, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    That is NOT what he said at all but people are reading it as that. Here is what he really said:
    The so called anger toward this is totally ridiculous.

drhowarddrfine, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  5. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    Google better watch it before they become the myspace of search engines... On top one day then all of a sudden get taken over quickly.... it can happen... I recommend people start using http://bing.com if Google starts losing their share of search then maybe theyll give a fuck about their users who's privacy they are violating for profit.... do no evil hmmmmm

James Dean Nash, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  6. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that quote came form CNBC documentary "inside the mind of google" which i caught on TV just a few days ago. was a nice documentary to watch

sultanofseo, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  7. webydavid

webydavid Peon

Best Answers:
    James Dean Nash this is not the solution.....

webydavid, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  8. Guthix121

Guthix121 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but that was in response to how easy it was to find somebody's personal information.

Guthix121, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  9. noCash4u

noCash4u Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow. ...."If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place"

Eric Schmidt is a douche-bag. My guess is that he probably is so full of himself that he doesn't really care about anything besides making himself and the giant whoreish corporation he runs look "perfect". What an idiot. Let me repeat that again. What an idiot.
    Hey Eric, "If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe there is a possibility that you're intentions are not evil."

noCash4u, Apr 10, 2010 IP