1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. jarral

jarral Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys , i have revamped You Can Hide to look like ProxB , It Rank 200k+ in Alexa , so dont forget to submit your proxies and get traffic to ur Proxies

jarral, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  2. Guthix121

Guthix121 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you stupid? That's not called revamping, it's called stealing. Find your own fucking template.

Guthix121, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  3. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have no ties with the website that looks like ProxB, yet some people may not agree with you here. In a similar case Will Smith wrote:

"You really should be careful here. The legal issues surrounding Look and Feel are not simple. The Lotus v. Borland case is particularly relevant.

I believe that you will discover that it is difficult or impossible to copyright the look and feel of a design." - http://www.netbuilders.org/post-92139-5.html

Sometimes I would also write what I really think about others, but I don't think it is worth an infraction or even a ban :p

vahing, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  4. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having an alternative to VPS.net is great, thank you. I also agree with you on the other valuable point you make. However, VPS net operates in 4 datacenters: 2 UK / 2 USA, and a couple of proxies won't bring them to their knees :)

vahing, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  5. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who is Will Smith? Did you mean Will Spencer?

Guess originality is in short supply these days. Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, maybe Proxb owner will be flattered a bit.

lightless, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  6. WebEvader

WebEvader Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ Jarral - Weren't you the person who was complaining that someone stole your site a couple weeks back ? If it was you, this is a really cheap thing to do and it will not help your image around here.

Also, It's Will Spencer not Will Smith lol and what's the point of copying the template of a list that is better than yours ? It's like making a social networking site with exactly the same template as Facebook, your not going to do better than the original site...

Ps, Your list isn't aligned right, you should check out what it looks like in Safair... ;)

And I noticed this (check the attachment ) : It looks like you have just stolen his template, correct me if i'm wrong :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
    WebEvader, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  7. Tanmi Gold

Tanmi Gold Peon

Best Answers:
    Proxies can be a lot of help to us but at the cost of SEO .So its upto one to decide his/her preferences.
    I personally prefer good longterm and happy visitors..!

Tanmi Gold, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  8. Guthix121

Best Answers:
    There is a substantial difference between "Look and Feel" and an entire template.

Look and Feel is the similarity of the website in how it functions - as in both Digital Point and most other vBulletin forums have the same Look and Feel, doesn't mean you can go ripping templates.

This author did not make the website similar, he completely stole it - css/html/content and all. That is illegal.

It's not, it's worth a DMCA.

Guthix121, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  9. jarral

jarral Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi , Its my site and i have actually copied the template i tried and contact Aquarezz he said he isnt the owner any more , i said fine as i dinn know who the real new owner was so i couldnt contact him/her.

So if the real owner has any problem he/she can pm me , and dont go about criticizing for nothing that should concern you

jarral, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  10. WebEvader

WebEvader Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ Jarral - The guy who own's ProxB is the owner of ProxySites.ca, how about you contact him here :)

WebEvader, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  11. Guthix121

Best Answers:
    It doesn't belong to Aquarezz, but that gives you 0 right to steal the template. If a store owner is at home, does that mean you can barge into the store and steal what you want?

Don't tell me what to do. I am criticizing you, and I have sent a DMCA to your host.

Guthix121, Dec 14, 2009 IP
    SilkySmooth likes this.
  12. jarral

jarral Peon

Best Answers:
    @cgoly01

I will contact the guy :)

@Guthix121

Please make sure your write it nicely :D:D

Regards,
    Jarral

jarral, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  13. jarral

jarral Peon

Best Answers:
    @cgoly01

Errors occured processing your request

* While executing contact in index.php on line 67: Cannot use mail queue, please try later

while contacting him. any other way

jarral, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  14. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You may want to take the current template off and revert to the previous template till he approves (If he does).

Try PM'ing him here.
    http://www.netbuilders.org/netbuilders/proxysites-ca.html

lightless, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  15. psychost

psychost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who cares, if he gets into trouble let him...

This is not the point of this thread... my damn email keeps going off, I think its something important but no its just an argument over a stolen or cloned theme... Guys don't worry about it.. Hes be warned, if something happens it happens

psychost, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  16. soldoni

soldoni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, why have you copied the template??? please change it and I give you a Highlighted Listings for free on proxb

soldoni, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  17. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Will Spencer not Smith!

vahing, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  18. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My template have experienced such cases of 'stealing', too. So I can understand the emotions. As has been stated, a template is more than meets the eye, yet it is sometimees not totally clear when the border between "not nice" and illegal is crossed.

Despite 'copying' ProxB definitively not being a nice act a DCMA may be not the right thing either as this could fire back if Will Smith, excuse me, Spencer, is right.

vahing, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  19. MJAP

MJAP Member

Best Answers:
    wow this thread is still going

MJAP, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  20. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My templates get stolen over and over again. All I can say is that I find it funny but I'm tired of reporting it to their hosts etc. Stealing just puts me through to work even more to keep my top position and let the other one die in its own problematic copied website :D

It happened with ProxB in the past. Than a guy copied it and took it on his website called XinWorx or something. And you can see the result. Has anyone ever heard of ProxB in the past? Probably. Has someone ever heard about XinWorx in the past? Well I don't, except for the time I wasted asking if he could remove it :)

Aquarezz, Dec 14, 2009 IP