1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top Web Design Trends For 2010

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by abidsultan, Dec 12, 2009.

With the New Year rolling in, the old trends of web design are pretty much rolling out. The entire web community has become vigorous to bring up something unique and make a name in this wild and ever changing world of the three W’s. Here is the link to know what are the upcoming trends for 2010 in a forecast.

abidsultan, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  2. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing although that I think the hand drawn sketches are gone already. They were really known in 2008, but now it seem that most are gone. Good post though, thanks :D

Aquarezz, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  3. iiokua

iiokua Peon

Best Answers:
    oh thanks for the linnk

iiokua, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  4. leksa

leksa Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion,
    Most of its still like the trend that boosted this year. Well, we have to argue about how much the new brand and very successful theme / design market come to influence the web design perspective. ( one of it maybe Themeforest responsible for it :D. )

Typo design, more whitespace, magz style, big typography, colorfull theme in more than one style etc .. Still like this year. I notice another trend thats come from the smashing and other "convent designer".
    They said, magz design is not about same proportion, and consistent block etc, like you get from CMS.Wordpress Magz. Its need more flexible on the page -pages, colorfull, big image, .. Smashing show up this one really good.

I dont know how much CMS can go, how convention of HTML/CSS make more this possible in the next year and 2 years later. Everyone could be a web designer right now, learn from the forum, and from web tuts. I believe creative idea and solution is in the air. More and more we get new that we could not expect.

Good topicpost :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
    leksa, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  5. toycat

toycat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice blog, i must say, though i didn't learn anything new, it helped validate a few points in my mind

toycat, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  6. KLog

KLog Guest

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, the web design trends in 2010 will go toward clean, simple designs powered by good scripts, like Facebook. Websites made in 'Flash' may be trends for 2011, 2012.. not now.

KLog, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  7. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think trends will maintain themselves but you'll see greater and greater emphasis on existing "fad" sites like Twitter and FB and the rest....and how they'll work hand in hand with traditional blogging and site design in general. You still hear alot about the "sub-set" of sites like BigT & FB everywhere....I even see them on TV ads, in newspaper ads, mentioned on news segments to enhance the ending of an article or news topic, on the radio and all over the internet in general.
    I've already got Squidoo fatigue, Facebook fatigue and BigT fatigue. I have "faux followers" and am pooped out. I truly don't see any big trends for the 2010 coming up unless I'm oblivious to it (because of all this fatigue I've suffered over 2009).

dinrock, Dec 13, 2009 IP
    diggathedog likes this.
  8. WoRLDLiFE

WoRLDLiFE Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx for the tips. This will surely help me out .

WoRLDLiFE, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  9. diggathedog

diggathedog Peon

Best Answers:
    And I hope not then either. They were (are?) so dominant a couple of years ago, and just weigh everything down so much they really have an adverse effect on the "experience" of surfing (ok, at least for Mac and iPhone users ... for whom Flash isn't necessarily well optimized or functional).

Scripty but simple? JS/Ajax?

diggathedog, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  10. PPCAG

PPCAG Member

Best Answers:
    informative. thanks

PPCAG, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  11. dlb

dlb Member

Best Answers:
    I can't see how any of these are new trends. They've been done for a long time already. Design aside, all I can see is more integration with social networking sites such as Twitter/Facebook/etc...

dlb, Dec 14, 2009 IP
    diggathedog likes this.
  12. KLog

KLog Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree about "Flash". I see it being used today mainly on corporate/bookmakers websites, maybe they are past their peak and will not climb the hill again.

One blogger made me smile writing how emails/chat and so on are dating 1.0, while Facebook/Myspace and so on are dating 2.0. Languages like PHP & corresponding scripts are webdesign 2.0!?, likewise HTML & CSS were webdesign 1.0!?, you can't 'flirt' with visitors that easily in HTML and Flash.

I agree with people who say that CSM websites will dominate in the future, which is not the best of news for webdesigners. CMSs look professional while it's easy to manage them. A big company will not look for a quick, affordable solution to build a website through CSM but a multitude of smaller business owners may.

KLog, Dec 14, 2009 IP
    diggathedog likes this.
  13. diggathedog

diggathedog Peon

Best Answers:
    I have got to read that :) Do you remember the blogger's name/site?
    As for small business and CMSs, you can totally understand where they're coming from. For what they need a website for, an all-in-one CMS is usually way more than enough - plus they maintain total control (always a big incentive ...).

diggathedog, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  14. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Flash in the pan....I see alot of flash being used by advertising agencies....almost like FORCING you to watch a TV commercial....prior to actually getting access to their site(s)....even with fast connections the flash oriented sites get boring during the first few seconsds, 5 seconds and you get frustrated. Not to mention, the flash component is not very condusive to allowing proper spidering by the bots. As DLB mentioned, social and possibly "micro" blogging and how they can be incorporated into one's own mktg. efforts will probably be the focus for OH-10. Good seeing all the ideas people are looking forward to.

dinrock, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  15. KLog

KLog Guest

Best Answers:
    Sadly I can't find it, I'd be interested to read through it again too. I remember it came from a female blogger, a female sense of humor I guess.

KLog, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  16. amitporeli

amitporeli Peon

Best Answers:
    I and three of my friend have stated a website development and maintenance company.I and one of my friend are working as coder(PHP and Mysql)and rest of two are working as designer(HTML,CSS,FLASH,PHOTOSHOP).If you have any requirement in your own website or oher's website,please contact in our email id

amitporeli, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  17. amitporeli

amitporeli Peon

Best Answers:
    I and three of my friend have stated a website development and maintenance company.I and one of my friend are working as coder(PHP and Mysql)and rest of two are working as designer(HTML,CSS,FLASH,PHOTOSHOP).If you have any requirement in your own website or oher's website,please contact in our email id

poreli.sit16@gmail.com
    amit_sit_cse16@yahoo.co.in

amitporeli, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  18. Xactor201

Xactor201 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks I really liked that article, especially the typography.

Xactor201, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  19. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i thought the hand drawn stuff was still in..? magazine layout is popular too :D

Jasonb, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  20. dlb

dlb Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to be pedantic but PHP plays no part in design whatsoever, so it can't be web design 2.0. ...I don't even agree with that theory.

dlb, Dec 15, 2009 IP