1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PageRank Pricing

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Italianhawk, Dec 10, 2009.

I'm looking for an idea of fair value to get PR domains for. Let's assume that the pricing is purely for the PageRank domain. Excluding factors such as current income, current traffic, and quality of the actual domain name. Provided that the original content is there, what would you say the average domain goes for?

I know it's hard because you'll pay more for certain niches and stuff. I'd just like to get an idea which sales I should be looking at, and which I should move past.

PR1:
    PR2:
    PR3:
    PR4:
    PR5:
    PR6:

As a side note, if anybody reading this has some insite about faked pagerank could you either post in this thread or PM me? I read a thread where somebody thought that another user was faking pagerank. If the official pagerank toolbar and firefox app show a pagerank, that's legit right? (Granted PageRank is constantly updated in Google but not in the toolbars ect)

Italianhawk, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  2. rdthewall

rdthewall Active Member

Best Answers:
    Minimum Monthly prices for backlinks:
    PR1: $1
    PR2: $2-3
    PR3: $4-7
    PR4: $7-10
    PR5: $10-15
    PR6: $15+

If you would like to purchase the domain, the price would be (prices mentioned above)x10.

If you want to buy a site with PR, you can not neglect the traffic at all.Traffic should be given the 1st priority.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
    rdthewall, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  3. Italianhawk

Italianhawk Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not talking about buying backlinks, I'm talking about buying the site. Sorry if that was unclear.

Italianhawk, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  4. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    site price depends on traffic and earing. usually 12 months revenue of site we can expect

chandan123, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  5. Italianhawk

Italianhawk Member

Best Answers:
    If you read the post I said with those factors thrown out. Assuming, no traffic and no income, but it has page rank.

Italianhawk, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  6. Italianhawk

Italianhawk Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you understand what I'm asking legitfat.

7. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Pricing a domain based purely on pagerank is impossible to do if you want an "Average" that applies to all niches. Everything being equal, a health site with a PR6 is going to be worth a lot more than a web designer site with a PR6. Then you have to look at where the backlinks are coming from, how many different sites they come from, judge how likely they are to remain in place, as well as other factors. A PR6 site might be over priced at $300 or a bargain at $3K. Paying X for a site based solely on the PR without doing a detailed analysis means you are playing the lotto - and with worse odds of winning. It's like asking what a 6 character domain is worth, on average, without knowing the name or anything else about it other than it has 6 characters in it.

mjewel, Dec 11, 2009 IP
    Italianhawk likes this.
  8. CanSpace

CanSpace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1 it's impossible to value a domain based on JUST pagerank. what you are asking is not relevant. factors like the name itself and traffic are MUCH more important. what you're looking at is the most insignificant factor.

as google themselves say, people should just completely ignore the pagerank.

CanSpace, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  9. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No that's not right. Toolbar PR is the PR that gets faked. There are probably a few different ways to do it but an easy way is to 301 redirect a domain to a domain that has PR, once Google export PR to the toolbar, remove the 301 redirect and in most cases you keep the PR of the domain you were redirected to (until the next PR update).

To check if this is the case, do an info: search for the domain, if the URL that is returned is the same as the one you checked, then it is likely to be real. If the URL is different, then it has been redirected.
    NOTE: Not all domains that are 301 redirected are trying to fake PR.
    EG: info:plaster.me. The URL in the result should be plaster.me but it is plastering.me (In this case it is for branding and not PR faking)

Exactly right.
    Unless you know what your doing, buying a domain based on PR is not a good idea.
    Just because a domain has PR does not mean it is trusted and/or has no penalties.
    A PR6 health related domain may have gotten its PR by getting thousands of links from automotive, gardening and web design sites... which will add no trust value to the domain whatsoever.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  10. Italianhawk

Italianhawk Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mjewel and tattoos. I guess my problem is solved unless somebody wants to throw out some basic numbers that are really broad and based on the worst of niches ect.

11. kacangijo

kacangijo Peon

Best Answers:
    What factor can you give for pagerank pricing?

kacangijo, Dec 12, 2009 IP