1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Observations of Google Caffeine

Discussion in 'Google' started by healthcare527, Dec 9, 2009.

It looks as though there is more emphasis on exact keyword domains. Test it for yourself.

Type "California Health Insurance" into Google. www.californiahealthinsurance.com ranks number 1 as a PR 1 and it looks as though a kindergartener built links to this domain. It out ranks my PR 5 heavily relevant linked website. Might I mention this keyword is rather difficult to rank for. As soon as the first Caffeine data center became active I have watched exact keyword domain names rise 6 pages to rank #1 in the SERPs.

Coincidence? Nope. Try typing in "California Dental Insurance". Same deal and 2 totally different websites.

www.californiadentalinsurance.com ranks #1 at a PR 0 and has no linking power what so ever! I have been competing for these keywords for over 3 years. Completely white hat and have spent some serious man hours writing content and linking to only the highest relavant links I can find. I must say I am a little pissed off!

healthcare527, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  2. hotalexa

hotalexa Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right, i have the same problem with one of my sites. Why is that?

hotalexa, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  3. healthcare527

healthcare527 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think this will stick, don't see how it can. I realize that Google wants the most relevant pages to be returned to the user but some of these website are complete garbage! The content is not even well written. Any opinions or advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

4. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Like with anything new give it some time for them to roll it out and fix the bugs it might have
    as its a new algo which will need tweaked to achieve best results.

I have noticed that the keywords im using on some of my sites have all jumped to page #1
    which i would have expected as the niche site is all about that keyword and type site so i dont
    mind the update to be honest...

My best advice would be not to tinker to much with the site till they get done completely so you
    dont waste time and keep your link building campaign going as its a never ending process...

thx
    M1

malcolm1, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  5. 1associate

1associate Peon

Best Answers:
    Write some articles and title them with the exact phrase you want ranked and include a link to your site - I've done this for my friends and it works well for them.

1associate, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  6. healthcare527

healthcare527 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just ranting lol. Gets a little frustrating sometimes. I guess the update could work in my favor if I build up some of my old domains that I have never done anything with.

Thanks

7. ironmaiden

ironmaiden Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont see them ranking first.. It seems fair enough here..

[​IMG]

ironmaiden, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  8. healthcare527

healthcare527 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I have noticed some fluctuation in the ranking today but they seem to be hovering on or around the 1st page. Perhaps in the area you live Google Caffeine may not yet have been applied. I am in the Bay Area California and I believe Google Data Centers (as well as Mozilla FF) are within 2 hours of me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
  9. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    keyword in domain does help but its not be all and end all, try car insurance

tonyran, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  10. websign

websign Member

Best Answers:
    Does caffeine work at the moment? I tried a few searches and all the time I get old results from ordinary serps... Yesterday it was working...

websign, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  11. healthcare527

healthcare527 Peon

Best Answers:
    Caffeine has been launched on 1 data center thus far and is expected to be fully put into force after the holidays.

healthcare527, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  12. TheLinkBuilders

TheLinkBuilders Peon

Best Answers:
    see, the problem here is everyone keeps using the same useless term. PAGERANK. it's useless, it doesn't matter and its literally JUST for show.

Content is king.

TheLinkBuilders, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  13. healthcare527

healthcare527 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't put a lot of faith in pagerank myself. Agree, content is king. I have 10 times more quality content in my site alone. A beautiful relevant word press blog with over 50 posts of all original content (updated daily). Domain is over 5 years old, exquisitely linked with fairly high traffic levels.

My competitor has 12 links. I have just slightly over 1000 and always manually link built myself so all links are quality.

My domain age is 2004. Competitor has me beat with an age 2002 and an exact keyword matching domain.

I'm sure the high ranking will plain out and things will become more balanced.:rolleyes:

healthcare527, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  14. milands33

milands33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a PR but no news on whether the two PR and I have tried many SEO

milands33, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  15. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well,
    Yes, its true for me for some cases.
    I am still ranking #1 for the same keyword as in now. But, my ranking has increased for the domain keyword quite a bit (#22 to #3).

Abhik, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  16. manny07

manny07 Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't mean that you have a high PR you are number 1 in Google for a particular keyword. Maybe you are more focused on PR and not on SERP. SERP is more important than PR.

manny07, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  17. MoviesP.com

MoviesP.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, high pr means nothing, you should know this. Seo and content are the kings.

MoviesP.com, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  18. healthcare527

healthcare527 Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me reiterate. I don't normally buy into PAGERANK. I realize content is king and that is why I am the wealthiest king of my competitors. My content is second to none. My links are even better.

That shows me that same keyword domain names have been given a very generous boost in the SERPs without requiring them to have meat on their bones.. i.e. crap links, average content, low traffic

Think about it.

healthcare527, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  19. Gazzerman

Gazzerman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been trying to rank for a few keyphrases for a while and then I noticed in in Caffeine that one of teh now ranks 2nd for a competitive phrase having done nothing to prompt it. It did this down to the fact that the page of the php files has the keywords in it.

Normally most of my pages are correctly mod re-written so thats why I noticed this sudden change.

Looks like we will all start craeting lots of spam pages on our own sites as new doorway pages with the keywords as the file names?

Google forcing the creation of more spam? No change there then!

Gazzerman, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  20. penelope.garcia

penelope.garcia Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey ,

just now I also noticed the samething happened with my sites ... ??!!??

penelope.garcia, Jan 1, 2010 IP