1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it usually take for google to crawl a new site?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Woodcs82, Dec 9, 2009.

How long does it usually take for google to crawl a new site?

-C

Woodcs82, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  2. Alixa

Alixa Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too I want to Know ..

I wish I could Help You ..

Alixa, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  3. FREE BET

FREE BET Peon

Best Answers:
    less than 2 weeks if you manage to get some high quality backlinks to your site, niche related

FREE BET, Dec 9, 2009 IP
    Woodcs82 likes this.
  4. Woodcs82

Woodcs82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Rep given

Woodcs82, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  5. fierceservers

fierceservers Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually within a week, sometimes the same day. I guess it really depends where your links are coming from and how quickly Google crawls those sites.

fierceservers, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  6. TransPersonal

TransPersonal Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn;t have to be niche related at all. Google's algorithm only takes that into account when weighing backlink value. Although all backlinks are helpful, links from nich related sites weigh more in heloping Google to determine your site's page rank. HOWEVER when it comes to just getting your site indexed, niche relatedness doesn't matter one bit. No Follow and Do Follow also matters for back link worthiness but NOT for just getting your site indexed. No Follow links are spidered by Google as well.

The key is to post your site's link on a popular site that gets spidered frequently. For example Digital Point forums will do. Just post your sites link on one of these threads as your forum signature and it should gets indexed within a week or less.

In addition to the above also submit a sitemap to Google via Webmaster tools.

TransPersonal, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  7. bluesonic1

bluesonic1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ages as far as I know >_>

bluesonic1, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  8. shakemelikeapig

shakemelikeapig Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had Google crawl new sites within a day. Get some good backlinks from related sites, blogs or forums and hit the links with your Google toolbar on. DON'T submit your site to Google directly.

shakemelikeapig, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  9. shakemelikeapig

shakemelikeapig Peon

Best Answers:
    And if you already have submitted, WoodsC82, then don't worry too much.
    G just seems to index faster and like it better when she finds sites herself.

But still work on getting those inbound links even if you've already submitted.

shakemelikeapig, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  10. jason12390

jason12390 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are using wordpress as your CMS within a day, dunno about the other CMS systems out there.

basic HTML probably with in a week to a month depending on how many backlinks you have.

jason12390, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  11. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most probably within 24 hrs or so from when it was registered. Reason being is thanks to a host of adsense bot sites pertaining to detail your sites presence from the 'whois' or from details got from your domain register and or webhosting register. The Googlebots find these details and from such can discover a new site. You can check google's cache for the site and see in Google's webmastertools the Googlebot query rate.

Now you know! :D

Definitely and sooner as Google strives to develop the 'real time web' search it's dreamt of for the past several years or so.

ROOFIS:cool:

ROOFIS, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  12. TransPersonal

TransPersonal Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry but this is another of those SEO myths. Google doesn't favor WordPress or any other CMS over basic HTML. This is because both appear as HTML to Google. Remember PHP the programming language that wordpress is based on is a server side language which outputs to the browser as HTML. So to Google a Dynamic and a Static site looks the same. Use a tool like this to see what google sees:

http://www.webconfs.com/search-engine-spider-simulator.php

The reason why WordPress powered sites often do better is because most WordPress sites are blogs and blogs are updated very frequently (usually daily) and constant updates is what Google likes to see. So it's entirely coincidental.

TransPersonal, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  13. NickR25

NickR25 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is contradictory to what I read all the time. Every recommendation I see is to submit your site for quicker indexing.

Have you tested your theory explicitly, without the possible impact of other variables? Or is this just a random observation of yours? I presume it's the latter.

NickR25, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  14. aadisharma

aadisharma Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it all depend upon how fast you are able to update your website and get links from website pages that are Crawled by Google bot on regular basis. For quick indexing, I would suggest try few of your website stories on Social networks

aadisharma, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  15. kash_2000

kash_2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I never submit my sites to Google. Just start building links for your site when the site is ready, and it usually gets crawled in 3-4 days average. I've experienced that my wordpress blogs get indexed faster, but it can be another story as described above by TransPersonal.

kash_2000, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  16. janiliewa

janiliewa Peon

Best Answers:
    It could take less than one day if you submit sitemap or something likes that to google.Sometimes,it takes long time to crawl a new site.

janiliewa, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  17. nitikachopra

nitikachopra Peon

Best Answers:
    i have added my new site to google...3 4 days back
    but still waiting,.....not indexed...
    lets see how much time it takes

nitikachopra, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  18. Thebadger

Thebadger Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience even fairly static wordpress sites do get crawled within a day or so, sometimes even with no backlinks.

Thebadger, Dec 10, 2009 IP