1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Do You Think About My Site?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by SEO Writter, Dec 8, 2009.

I created this site a little while ago, and things are starting to pick up for it around Christmas time, but it is not making as much money as I think it has the potential to so I wanted to see if I could get some people to check it out and let me know what you think about the overall look and feel of the site the site is http://abercrombiecologne.com

SEO Writter, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  2. leinski

leinski Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm reviewing this from a regular customer's point of view: I'd suggest adding more images to your articles. All that text makes it seem like the article is cumbersome to read. Maybe you can also change your font or text color. The red-black combo looks boring.

leinski, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  3. spartax

spartax Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeahh agree,, thats red color hurting eyes mate...

spartax, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  4. Clockstoper

Clockstoper Peon

Best Answers:
    Site look n feel is nice. But google adds messing up with the content. its much better if you can change the back ground of the google add field.

good luck

Clockstoper, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  5. pssajit

pssajit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site looks good to me. Maybe you have a bright Red color fonts for some SEO purpose!

pssajit, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  6. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just had a look at your site and the red colour does not bode well for the site,one of the major problems that i can see is that with this type of product ie perfumes people like to see the sexy images of the bottles and the packaging and people dont really want to read up about it.When shopping for this type of thing people tend to look at the product and smell it if possible in your case they cannot do that and also the Brand name if its one of the top brand names and the package looks sexy it will sell.
    Another thing is i think you are leaving it late for the Christmas market as people can leave these type of product right until the last day before christmas when going shopping but with internet sales you have a cut off date maybe 7-10 days earlier due to the delivery.
    Just some of my thoughts and suggestions

Mega B, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  7. koba

koba Peon

Best Answers:
    try to find better WordPress theme

koba, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  8. toTsky

toTsky Peon

Best Answers:
    add more content and infomation,change your wordpress theme

toTsky, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  9. Amxfan

Amxfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure how many people visit your site but searching your title I see you do not appear on the first 3 pages. I would work on SEO "both on and off page" to help drive the numbers up.

This maybe nick picking but if I can catch it...
    You state in one of your posts
    "If you purchase it from the official Abercrombie Cologne Store you can rest assured that you are getting a brand new product for a great low price."

There isn't anything wrong with this but then I see this once I click the buy link.
    Ships from and sold by fobfobfob.
    Ships from and sold by ML FRAGRANCES.
    Ships from and sold by Perfume Emporium

Now I understand affiliate programs but alot of people don't and you make it sound like they are buying from you or directly from Abercrombie & Fitch. This does not help in the trust factor.
    Maybe if you stated something like. "If you purchase it through the Abercrombie Cologne Store you can rest assured that your getting a brand new product for a great low price."

Noticed I left off "Official" as I'm sure you're not and I use "through" instead of from.

Amxfan, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  10. anest.baik

anest.baik Peon

Best Answers:
    - aggree with red color, hurting
    - change "buying" button (at the end of article) with image, like BUY NOW button, make it more trusted.
    - if you can, make a widget on right sidebar, random image of your product

anest.baik, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  11. richkinsella

richkinsella Peon

Best Answers:
    They buying option is not imeadiately clear as it sites at the bottom of your articles so first impressions are that it's just a blog about cologne - which is kinda dull.

I'd shunt everything on the RHS down and have some kind of revolving catalogue or a product list with purchasing call to action.

richkinsella, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  12. ContentPlanet

ContentPlanet Peon

Best Answers:
    The site looks very nice but the readers today are in search of fast info. Nobody can wait to get something they need- They need it asap as they login. Better arrange your site in such a way that readers will never get bored..!

Solace [Admin- ContentPlanet]

ContentPlanet, Dec 9, 2009 IP