1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many of you guys are getting filthy rich off this?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by ecksit, Dec 1, 2009.

Off and on for the last year or two I've done some cpa marketing through azoogle. I see guys bringing in the monster checks and it is a huge inspiration for me to make more money. But within that time that I've done it, I've only brought in about a $2000 profit.

I think the biggest problem my profits were so low is because I wasn't putting any money into my websites. I had the time, but the cash flow for advertising and things like that was not there. (being a college student sucked)

Now that I'm out of college I'm finally making good enough money to spend money on advertising and things like that. (Im making about 5 grand a month, all of which goes into the bank since the company pays for housing, food, etc) I also have more free time than I ever had, so I would like to try my best to make some very good money.

The bad thing is, I don't want to waste $2000 a month on an adwords campaign that was set up incorrectly because I don't know what I'm doing.

So here's my question, where should I start when getting 'serious' about making real money in the advertising and marketing world? I did not go to college for advertising, marketing, or business, but I do know how most of it works. I just need a guiding hand to get me started on bigger things. Any good ebooks? Websites? Things like that? (obviously DP is a good website) I'm looking for up to date information by a qualified source.

Also, just talking personally with some of you experienced guys would be quite nice. I'm not asking you to do anything for me, just to guide me a bit.

How many of you guys are making extremely good money through cpa networks? ppc is also interesting to me, but I would like to stick to cpa since the potential for making money seems to be much better.

ecksit, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  2. thk123

thk123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a hint for you, nothing is free in America. Since you are already have an account with Azoogle, their "azoogle teaching team" is pretty handful sometime :)

thk123, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  3. ecksit

ecksit Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd be willing to pay for assistance from an experienced, qualified individual.

ecksit, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  4. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly - reading DP and similar sites (WarriorForum is one) are probably your best bet. Tons of (free) information on these sites that can help you learn the ropes really fast.

The key is to start small - set up an Adwords campaign for $20 a day. You'll probably lose money at first, but you'll learn some good lessons for next time. Then try another campaign for $20 a day - it will also probably fail. Keep doing this and before long you'll start to see some decent returns. Chances are you'll be making money after you've spent your first $200 and from there you can continue refining your keywords/landing pages/offers to improve your profit margin.

Just keep trying out new things (with only a little bit of money on the line each time) and let your failures help teach you how to succeed.

dlm, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  5. wendy80

wendy80 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is highly recommended to depend on ourselve...learn from the trial and error....learn to fish...and food will come forever..

wendy80, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  6. rockey.r48

rockey.r48 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you not to jump into investing a lot in advertising (including PPC). You can lose a whole bunch of money pretty quickly if you don't know what you're doing.

Instead, get some reading material (both free and paid), test out different methods and outsource those that works. The IM business is all about scalability and ousourcing - as soon as you discover a tactic that works you want to put 10 Filipinos on it, rinse and repeat.

Good luck!

rockey.r48, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  7. ham

ham Peon

Best Answers:
    Patience is key. It isn't a way to get rich quick, build slowly over time and do as much without PPC as possible.

ham, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  8. jcrich42

jcrich42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe I am in the wrong forum to be asking this, but what is CPA exactly

jcrich42, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  9. thefreebielife

thefreebielife Peon

Best Answers:
    One of our AMs who just started 3 months ago (we trained them) profited $11,500.00 in November on AdSquare Network... that amount in awesome for her!

So it is very possible.

thefreebielife, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  10. jcrich42

jcrich42 Peon

Best Answers:
    One of our AMs who just started 3 months ago (we trained them) profited $11,500.00 in November on... that amount in awesome for her!

Waht types of products is she promoting and how?

jcrich42, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  11. adddirectoryp

adddirectoryp Peon

Best Answers:
    Please see my buttom sig(red). Maybe you will profit without investing at all.

adddirectoryp, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  12. howard_hughes

howard_hughes Peon

Best Answers:
    Cost Per Action..

howard_hughes, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  13. gothic love

gothic love Peon

Best Answers:

home much money you invest to get one sale or lead

gothic love, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  14. rockey.r48

rockey.r48 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bullshit.

The only thing patience will achieve is to keep you earning an AVERAGE amount (or less) for ages.

You need to TAKE ACTION and do it NOW!

And once you find a way to make money, KEEP DOING IT!

That's the best advice that has ever been given to me, hence I share it.

rockey.r48, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  15. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ecksit, almost all of the beginners in this game have experienced exactly what you are experiencing right now when they first started, including myself.

So, first of all, don't feel alone.

The key to success is having the correct mindset, and this is also true in affiliate marketing.

I say, don't rush into testing anything first. Check out my post about affiliate marketing success which will give you a direction on how to approach affiliate marketing mindset.

After setting up your mindset, I'd take these steps:

• Start your research. Be careful about not wasting too much time on research.
    • Prepare a great plan after the research phase.
    • Don't try to do everything at the same time. Learn 1 thing great and focus on that until you excel that. Then move on to the 2nd thing. (e.g. start with Adwords PPC, then move to Facebook Advertising, etc.)
    • Pick a niche and stick with it until you succeed. Don't keep jumping from a niche to another one, or from an offer to another one.
    • Follow the latest trends in affiliate marketing, but never spend too much time on hundreds of blogs, forums, twitter, etc.

Good luck with your affiliate marketing journey, and I wish you success.

Affiliate marketing requires hard work, and consistency, but it's one of the most rewarding marketing methods in the short run.

Again, good luck, and feel free to ask any specific questions you have.

onestop, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  16. ecksit

ecksit Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks dude for the good advice, you happen to have msn or aim?

ecksit, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  17. BW311

BW311 Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I learned everything I know from Ryan Deiss. I definitely recommend all of his products.

He will teach you the basics of affiliate marketing and then show you how to become an advertiser and make your own products. Although he recommends information products, he gave me enough knowledge to transfer it to physical products as well.

In the next month or so I plan on launching a physical product of my own. I'm pretty pumped!

BW311, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  18. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ecksit, I wish I had time for msn or aim :)

You can shoot me a PM here if you have any specific questions, or comment/contact on my blog (in the sig).

Good luck

onestop, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  19. califmerchant

califmerchant Active Member

Best Answers:
    don't believe everything you read online...a lot of them are marketing gimmicks by the affiliate programs themselves

califmerchant, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  20. FreeWebsiteHostingReviews

FreeWebsiteHostingReviews Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't gotten rich or made money but what little I've made so far has been from learning (or reading) about something and then applying it on a small scale. I'm trying to do what works for me on a larger scale and I'll see what happens.