1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange stats & possible click bombing help!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by anniseed, Dec 8, 2009.

Hi

I noticed something very strange going on with my site. Traffic has dropped by 50% in analytics but adsense is showing double the amount of ad impressions & 3 or 4 times the amount of normal earnings. CTR has improved a little bit.

This looks kind of weird to me and suspicious. Do you think I'm being click bombed or just that analytics & adsense are not collecting data properly. I've checked my analytics code and it's fine. I've done nothing majorly different to the site apart from normally adding content.

Thanks in advance for your help.

anniseed, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  2. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    report to google adsense, i did that before

Project Mobius, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  3. polonium

polonium Peon

Best Answers:
    agreed. Don't get hosed because you didn't report it. That is seems like the best policy in your case.

polonium, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  4. anniseed

anniseed Peon

Best Answers:
    What should I say? That I suspect click fraud?

The strange thing is that analytics is not showing the same amount of adsense impressions (or page views) as adsense channel data. I just don't understand how adsense can report one thing and analytics report something completely different. Unless adsense stats are right & analytics is wrong and I've just had a few good days. The drop in traffic according to analytics is very stange, it's usually consistant or rises and if it drops it's usually by just 10% or something (weekend).

anniseed, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  5. abdulrehman940

abdulrehman940 Active Member

Best Answers:
    report to adsense support team using contact page

abdulrehman940, Dec 8, 2009 IP