1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free XHTML + CSS-only template using tabbed navigation

Discussion in 'CSS' started by kow, Dec 6, 2009.

Hello,

This is my first template published on DP forums.

I created a simple and easy to use XHTML + CSS website template using a tabbed navigation on a single page. The nice thing about this:
    1. works without JavaScript
    2. works in Opera

You can see live demo and download the source code on my blog:
    http://tibor.szasz.hu/post/tabbed-css-only-website-template/31

kow, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  2. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    Except in Internut Exploder 6, however you can get around that by saying something like
    * html #container {overflow: visible;}

Who cares if people using that browser get scrollbars? Bleh. But by adding that line, you ensure that users of that browser can access all the content using your skip links in an overflow: hidden box.

We don't have to make stuff pretty for that browser, but I believe we should still make it WORK. A good site will work fine even in Lynx.

BTW what Opera did you test in? I just took a look in my Opera10 on Ubuntu (which has Javascript disabled) and the links worked naturally, through CSS. Do you have an old Opera??

*edit though the back button doesn't do anything unless you then re-submit the address, but I'll bet other browsers are like that too

Stomme poes, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  3. FreeWebsiteHostingReviews

FreeWebsiteHostingReviews Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Tibor (or anybody else), can you point to toward a tutorial on how to create a navigation like the one in the upper right hand of that page so that I can learn how to have menu colors fade in and out like that.

Thanks