1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

full adsense reviews for free in DP here for the next 1hr!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Laceygirl, Dec 4, 2009.

1. latzxs

latzxs Peon

Best Answers:
    latzxs, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    James Wrote:
    Your like two days late so nevermind timezones!. lol. Meh, I'll take a look.

1. The front page is pretty simple. Its supposed to be simple becuase its a search engine of PDF's, so you won't be able to maximize fully with adsense or your page will be cluttered with ads everywhere.
    The only suggestions I can give you is get a 728by90 content banner under your search banner. As always use the multi-colors and think about possibly making the corners slightly rounded.
    Maybe you could throw a link unit dead bottom of the site centered, but you probably can't really make much money from adsense with this site because it has slim content.

Your site is not geared for adsense. Maybe Kontra ads will be a little better for you but not many like Kontra because they are annoying.

latzxs said:
    Dude, I said a million times in this post. I don't review blogs because 99% of blogs simply just suck. They are pretty much dead end sites because you have to be really good along with a really good idea in order to get anywhere with them.

Laceygirl, Dec 6, 2009 IP
    monfis likes this.
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you but you reviewed my front page, I told you I didn't put any ad on purpose, so I was expecting you to review the inside pages, where I have adsense (as well as infolinks). :)

Thank you anyway for giving me a review after 2 days late :)

JamesColin, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  4. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    SearchBliss, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  5. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Search Bliss Said:
    Alright: (all adsense banners to be changing colors using the multi-color patlette system available at Adsense)
    1. Put a 468by60 adsense ad under your translation buttons. I'm thinking this will mess with your border so I recommend taking "Webtools for the Webmaster" and changing it to:
    "Webtools for the
    Webmaster"
    Get me?
    2. If you can make the right panel the same width as the google banner you got there. I think its the 200 width one.
    3. Change the text inside the side adsense 200by200px to a "BLACK" background. Just the text font, and if you don't want to do that then the url inside to black.
    4. Modify or replace your normal search with the google adsense search. It doesn't pay much but helps a little.
    5. I would, at least, use a border line around that center square ad with google. Not because there is anything wrong with it, but I'm thinking you do run a tad bit of a risk of getting banned becuase that's borderline "HIDING" the ad, and they don't like that sort of stuff. It also messes with your CTR because you get all of these people accidentally clicking then getting out of the ad site a second later, in which greatly lowers the quality of your clicks. Then they end up just paying you junky for every click.
    6. You could put down a linkunit at the footer.
    7. Another link unit under "add your site"

Hey, after looking at your inner pages I can see that you are trying to confuse visitors by making them think your normal content is adsense. They will ban you before you even get paid once so I would totally knock that off. When making money by getting clicks you don't want to trick people into clicking. You don't make money that way. You want people to actually be like "yo, I need to check that out" then they click in and go through a few pages of the ad site. Those are the $1 clicks.

6. financialjesus

financialjesus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are still doing what you do best, my website is www.financialjesus.com
    I currently use 3 adsense ads - all rectangles.
    1 in the middle of blog posts (only if the post is older than 1 week)
    1 just under the subscribe post and 1 in the menu (this one gets the least amount of clicks).
    I am so greatful! :)

financialjesus, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  7. World Class

World Class Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to review this

World Class, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  8. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    financialjesus wrote:
    For the seventh million time, I don't review blogs. The reasons were stated in about three of my previous posts above.

World class Wrote:
    Not much options with forums. You basically just have to throw them in someplace.
    1. The top ad is fine accept that you have it set at only image ads. Switch it to both image and text. Text is better, but people sometimes want a change from text ads and the video units do pay more if you can get the clicks.
    2. Your going to have to throw a few more just anywhere that won't mess the forum up. One under "Mark Forums read", a link unit right at the bottom in the footer, etc.

Forums just are not very good for adsense. They get low clicks per visitors, and a low paying click when you get one.

9. World Class

World Class Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks for the great review, A personal question does PH makes much from Adsense?

World Class, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  10. SearchBliss

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for the advice. Blending ads is not against Google TOS, but if it's borderline, I can add borders. Thanks again!

SearchBliss, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  11. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Searchbliss said:
    No, when I said my network I meant the other one. The PH Arcade Network makes money through the sales of Game packs, the script, and what not directly through paypal.

I own a network of a bunch of other somewhately related sites in which all of my adsense comes from.

Jeetu74 Said:
    I don't believe I can help much because your placement is pretty good already. I guess there's always something you can do.

1. That thing pic where you got a wack load of these people looking at their phones along with your main logo is a little off. At first I thought that the phone pics were a large 728by90 banner which is probably would get you 90% of your clicks from but then I noticed that its just a personal banner. I'm not going to say you need to get rid of it, but I will say that the spot that it is taking will definatly get you a click decrease of over 70% because thats a great spot. Maybe you can have your logo where it is then create a square about the size of one of those people looking at the pic, and box four of those images in that 100by100px square. Then put it directly beside your main logo. Replace that big banner to a 728by90 ad. You'll have to remove an ad because you are using three already, but I recommend the panel on the left because of the following:
    a) Its the lowest ad.
    b) Its on the left and its a proven fact that ads on the right pull in a 20% click increase. Something about the way people move their mouse.
    2. That ad on the right is a 120x600 video ad and you need to change that to a 160x600 and make it a TEXT AD ONLY. No image ad for that. The way your site is setup I'm sure you'll get double the clicks. And Center it with the "add to your CMS Collection".

3. The google search needs to be right under where it says "General SMS". You won't get nowhere based on how far its down there. People like a search that is close by. Its easy to use.

4. Think about putting a 120x90_4 link unit under your list of categories. Use the channels and track how its doing with clicks though because it may work well, or may clutter your site.

Laceygirl, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  12. zgerm

zgerm Peon

Best Answers:
    zgerm, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  13. venetsian

venetsian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what do you think about ImRealEstateAgent.com
    Site CTR is around 0.8% very sad. Whatever I do to increase CTR I fail!

Or google hates me :)

Cheers,
    Venetsian.

venetsian, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  14. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Zgerm said:
    I'm stumped, because it looks like you got too many ads because you are obviously running too many diff. as publishing systems. The ads seem to be acceptable all around. The only thing I notice is that most of them are low, but too much movement will affect your site popularity and look all cluttery.

1. Move your "stats" to the right side under "Navmenu".
    2. Put the followmeontwitter on the left where the stats used to be because twitter doesn't bring that much traffic to be that high. Maybe a 125x125 google ad will do way better than the whole skyscraper on the left bottom. I know its bigger but its far down where nothing is around but it.
    3. Put something in the middle there. Its like a big empty spot. Once you do you'll be able to put a 468 x 60 under your recent articles.

Your site is low on the info on the main page, and high on ads. instead of downsizing on the advertisments you should up the info. Load that main table with lots of content.

venetsian said:
    Nope, you hate you. It looks like you've made the ultimate N00b mistake in being a webmaster. This mistake is where you hear a million people jabber on about creditcards, real estate, and bank crap pays a high click ratio. You actually took the shallow advice that these millions of individuals made. They didn't know what they are talking about and here's why. Follow me in my example:
    -Let's say that the average click price is $10 for real estate related sites and the average click price for Karate related sites is 12cents. Are you with me? Good.
    Now since there is over 600,000 cities in the world we can predict that there are about 2,000,000 real estate websites. And we can assume that Remax puts in about $60,000 per day into their marketing through the internet. Obviously big huge sites like that take about 90% of all of the good clicks because there's no way in hell that remax would accept less. so take away 90 of that $10 average. = $1.
    $1 is a good click pay. Awesome good, great..........nope. 99% of the other real estate sites that use adsense sell houses and houses provide a good marketing budget so you'll never beat the quality of their sites so therefore your site can, at BEST, be in rank 1% for real estate sites. Now I'm going to be nice and say that you get an average of 10cent a click.
    Well, now you only need to rank well against 600,000 sites, somehow beat their site quality, put in like $20,000/year to be equal to their "buy 80,000 directory submissions per month". You are busted man.

Now little johnny with his karate site decides to write 40 500/w unique articles relating to the JEET KUAN DOE and all types of ill-tony-jaa-junk. He goes through 20 pages of the "directories & solicitations" of DP and submits his site to 100 directories. He submits the articles to all of those spammy article directories, etc. Now he's slowly getting more visitors and increasing his traffic by about 10 visitors per week. Heck, everytime he checks where his site is in the google ranks he see's that there is 20 sites that have not been updated in years and they are ahead of him. He keeps this up and google bumps him. He starts getting from 1 click per day to 36 clicks per day.

He makes $4.32 per day. He takes his first google check and buys some graphics. An awesome banner of this dude doing WANG-FOO, and on top of that he's smart so he makes sure that the WANG-FOO dude is wearing the exact same headgear that he keeps seeing an ad for at his site. Now he knows that people are seeing that headgear twice which is raising his chances of a click and raises the CTR because the people are getting interested faster in the ad through his site. In a month without any additional traffic his CTR has shot up 100% and now his average click is not 12cents anymore. Its 24cents. He makes $8.64 per day by a very good business plan. Advertisers like his site because its brings those rare karate fans through since all of the other sites obviously never get updated.

Little johnny has beaten you because you have a real estate site.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the story. I've written this so that you will understand a little bit more about trends. Don't follow the hot trend because you will just be in a huge crowd.

I recommend you dump your real estate site totally. You won't go nowhere man, trust me.

Laceygirl, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  15. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi again GrAve, I've enjoyed the story you told venetsian and I agree with you on this, avoid webmaster competition when you know inside yourself your time will be better spent fighting in a smaller league..
    Earlier on I asked you for a review but you seemed to have stopped on the homepage where there is no ad. Please see inside pages, such as this one: http://3pdf.com/download-free-printable+2010+calendar-pdf-ebook.htm
    That's what I wished to get a review on.

Cheers,
    James

JamesColin, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  16. neerajkumar

neerajkumar Peon

Best Answers:
    neerajkumar, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  17. Rizzo

Rizzo Peon

Best Answers:
    Rizzo, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  18. SearchBliss

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sorry, but I said no such thing. I will thank you for the review and I am waiting to report the results. I'm sure you were quoted someone else and said SearchBliss by mistake..

SearchBliss, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  19. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SENSERELY, I'm sorry, I'll hook you up, but about the smaller competitors its important that you know that in real estate there isn't really smaller one's. Everyone in the world just goes to the one's they know that are local to them other than a few random people who are dying to check out what the houses look like in some other tropical area, but they won't be fans of your site. Most are just wasting time online.

Alright, We'll take a deeper look inside your site.
    1. Ha that's awesome. You got link units possibly blended the best I've ever seen in my life. Everyone should visit this guys page and find the three link units. Its good, really good. I know I said before that you should try to trick visitors into clicking because then you sacrifice the following:
    A) Low quality clicks (Google does time how long people visit in a site and that's what often makes a click worth more)
    B) Your traffic gets annoyed with your site and you lose repeat visitors or the visitors who possibly would've shared your link.
    However, when it comes to link units I typically do hide them because its the only way those dumb things work. I never did like the way link units look myself. I don't mind the long little one's but the squarish one's are just so ugly in a site. They stick out like a sore spam thumb.

2. There's a lot of text in there so I'm thinking its good that most to all ads are image which can't be bad.

3. I'm wondering about the two big-square ads on the top there. I see it done all of the time but I'm wondering if this isn't a little too agressive with the space they take. As far as content goes they currently are taking more than 50% of the whole page here(not including the white background). And because they do this it does shoot down the rest of the content more than 200px and people have to scroll down. We all know that 3 out of 4 visitors will not scroll down because the internet is a tough crowd, but also you know that these big-squares are probably pulling a good click ratio.
    Now what I'm thinking is that if you got rid of them and put a 728by90 ad dead under the search PDF thing search then you might be able to.......no, wait, wait, this isn't going to work. Scratch that.

If you put a 468 x 60 ad where those squares used to be then you will be able to see the first LINK UNIT. Ha....Now you originally wouldn't have gotten as many clicks to this new ad as those two other big squares and you would have taken a loss, but now that the 3/4 visitors who don't scroll see the ad you'll possibly get a gain a better click percentage from these jerk users who are too lazy to scroll. Now since they dominate the population of traffic then the clicks may go up good enough to beat the money you make from the big-squares. Now in the long run you definatly will win because your site will be liked more because there isn't two huge ads taking up half of the page.

The only way to know for sure is to use the channels for only that particular ad and and the link unit, take about 500/uvs and calculate how many clicks they gave you and how much money you got, then swtich it to what I said and calculate the money made for the 468 and the link unit. Now before doing this test you will have to wait about 2 weeks after you switch to the 468by60 before calculating it because the CTR will be off and unstable. You probably will get these crazy high clicks in the first week which will make your loggings inacurate.

If you find that the big squares are making more then I'm wrong, but its worth a try because if visitors like your site they share it more, if they share it more, then you get more visitors. Its a big snowball man!.

4. You should add a google search option to people in there. People don't mind using it. I don't have a good recommendation where to put it. Hmm, maybe you could put it left-top on the other side of your "Latest | popular | contact us|" spot. Maybe it won't look too bad. People like those they do a 10% 35% increase in your earnings so that helps. Exspecially if you are already making like $40 a day in which a 35% increase is worth a lot.

I think your good for now. Your site is in good shape. I have no clue on the demand for that sort of thing but the adsense works in it.

neerajkumar said:
    Don't be greedy, I'll only do one.

image-bb.com

You ever notice why you go to photobucket and its just loaded with ads and they there are a lot of image ads? They do this because the running costs start to get very high with all of these people uploading files and what not. I think you should attempt the same.

1. get rid of the bottom 728by90 ad. Put in two 336 x 280 ads. One on each side of the uploading table.
    2. Take that "Add files" in the upload table and switch it to a cool image with graphics and make it a perfect size so that the table will end up being a total of 336px high. This way the ads will perfectly line up the the upload box.

I don't have much more I can say about the adsense its hard for me to visualize once that would be changed. I know you are dying for more content because there's nothing there google search engine can rank you for, but that's the SEO part. Use the tips I gave you anyway and know that the photo image uploading sites is a tougher market for making money. I was in it for about a year and I tried to come up with tons of different membership systems and anything to make money but couldn't beat the running costs. Once people like your site they will continue to burn your bandwidth and space which I suppose shouldn't be a bad thing, but somehow turns bad with these types of sites.

Rizzo said:
    I promise I'll take special care to you since you are concerned about being bashed down.

1. Since it is a forum you will not be making too much money with adsense. Adsense always pays barely anything for ads on forums and visitors never click them because you are running with 90% return visitors and they know where they are going on your site. I had a forum that got an average of 130 posts per day and It had about 10,000 members. I think I sold it for like $200 in the end so that was not very good for the effort.:eek: What I do like about forums is that they give you a chance to be a little bit of a celebraty on the internet. I remember back a couple of years ago there was like 1000 people running around defending my forum at any cost and they would say "Oh, GrAve is the best ADMIN in the world, he's down to earth not all assertive like"!:rolleyes:
    People usually use a forum to backup a site that does make money though. For example. Script site has a forum to support it. a funny video's site uses a forum to allow people to talk about the funny video's. A Wedding dress retail store site and a forum for people to talk about them and what not.

2. Make the register button bigger, bolder, more noticable, or add another someplace. I couldn't see it at first and its one of the most important buttons.:confused:

3. You can use google search to intigrate it into your original forum search. I know there's a upgrade in vbulletin for that but maybe you can find one for your phpbb that will do that because that should, at least, give people an option to use google search within your site.

4. I would just put one banner up under your weddings logo. A 728by90px will be fine and choose text/image. Your site template was made simple and shouldn't be loaded.

5. If you own that mummybrain site I would recommend not putting efforts to that new site and just staying with this original site because its a lot bigger and has more places to put ads because it got a lot of things going on in there.

I'm sorry I cannot help more. Was that so bad?;)

Laceygirl, Dec 8, 2009 IP
    JamesColin likes this.
  20. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are awesome man, congrats - finally someone tells the truth to those who don't understand. ;)

monfis, Dec 8, 2009 IP