1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS with SE-Friendly Photo Gallery?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by elklabone, Apr 2, 2006.

I've got a site with a lot of pictures and am getting good traffic from Google image search.

I'd like to do a new site based on the first one, built from scratch with a lot of new pictures, plus a few articles.

The main draw will hopefully continue to come from Google images.

I was thinking about doing Mambo or Joomla and then slapping a photo gallery onto it like "Gallery".

OR, should I just use Wordpress and link it to a Gallery install... or is there something all-inclusive I could use?

BTW, is "gallery" the best choice for se-friendly image search?

Thanks in advance.

--Mark

elklabone, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  2. blogosquare

blogosquare Peon

Best Answers:
    check out the photopress theme available at performancing or the PhotoWP theme by SteveCampbell.

They would do great themes since you're on Wordpress and using it as a photoblog

blogosquare, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  3. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    The photo site in my signature runs Drupal + Acidfree (uses SEF URLs).
    Gallery seems a bit heavy for my taste.

EDIT: The developer of Acidfree (single guy) is very accessible too and listens to feedback :)

andre75, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  4. sakib000

sakib000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have wasted few weeks looking for a seo friendly cms but finally wordpress which is a blog platform took the title.

joomla slow down on high traffic unless you have a dedicated server or vps.
    Dragon fly and php fusion are greatest and seo friendly too but they lacks extension and fame

sakib000, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  5. scoopy82

scoopy82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The "something all-inclusive" would be:

http://www.galleryembedded.com/

WPG2 is a Wordpress Plug-in that embeds Gallery2 within Wordpress to share photos, videos and any other Gallery2 content seamlessly into the Wordpress Sidebar and Blog entries. It integrates the blog and gallery logins together. But if your site's focus is going to be on the Gallery pages, I would leave them separated (w/o this plugin).

scoopy82, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  6. djeims

djeims Member

Best Answers:
    WP is great choise but let me tell you this.If you have a lot of content e.x pictures and 10-20k imp/day your hosting is going to ask you to hire vps or if your website become more popular -dedicated server.I am pissed how much time I lost doing project with WP.

djeims, Dec 6, 2009 IP