1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lets Discuss Something That Concerns Us All - How to Increase EZA URL Clicks

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by jacky8, Dec 5, 2009.

EZA eats up most of the traffic. I use many authors within my eza account & have average URL clicks ranging from 20% to 35%.

I checked all of my Article Reports at EZA. For some articles, I have more than 70% CTR. That's great. If there is a way that we can standardize and use it for all articles, its gonna be great for us all! It can increase our sales (contributed by EZA) by upto 200%.

An important thing to note is that you can either focus on having a good anchor text or having one that boosts CTR. I focus on the later.

Here is what i did:
    The article is about 5 paragraphs long, around 325 words.
    My resource box is something like this:

Checkout Solar Panel Guide that you can download right away and use to build your own solar panels at home.

Here is a Windmill DIY Guide that you can download right away.

Such a resource box boosted my CTR. This one is not exactly the one I used.

Here are some little tips that will help boost your CTR.
    • Don't have an article longer than 400 words. Shorter is usually better but a little longer one can make your account safer in the long term.
    • DON'T focus on having an anchor text that is good for SEO. Even if you can do it many times, the first thing to keep in mind should be the CTR. Even if you have to do something like "Click Here To", just do it.
    • Try using Bold Letters to catch the attention of reader.
    • Have the Anchor Link at the BEGINNING of the sentence, not in mid way or at last. This increases CTR, its proven!

Do it like this:
    A sentence with the anchor link at first.
    Another sentence (one line) that encourages users to visit your site. Try using words like discount, secrets, free, coupons, natural, safest, easiest, proven, etc.
    Another sentence: Now start this sentence with your anchor link.
    Experiment with bold lettering.

Try doing this, you may get your CTR to 50 - 75%

okay, so this is what I know. Contribute your thoughts on how to increase CTR. We have to build a few standard templates of resource boxes that we can always use. So lets build some here & get rid of the low CTRs forever!!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
    jacky8, Dec 5, 2009 IP
    Dan Bainbridge likes this.
  2. vitalous

vitalous Guest

Best Answers:
    Sounds to me like you can generate some content!

But if you're putting that much effort into EZA, just imagine what you could do with your own blog/site.

At least then you wouldn't have YOUR content surrounded by THEIR garbage ads.

Just an observance, as obviously you have your reasons for posting there.

John

vitalous, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  3. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Vitalous, I completely agree with you. There is nothing better than having a high ranking content site that channels all the traffic into your sales page. There's nothing better than that.
    But the fact is that we have to use eza coz its a bit easier and quicker.

jacky8, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  4. prensa.artistas

prensa.artistas Peon

Best Answers:
    EZA is easier and faster to use than your own website unless you already have a good PR. Thank you for your advice.

prensa.artistas, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  5. brada7x

brada7x Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good post. But I have to disagree on not using keyword targeted anchor text.

Yes, you want to achieve a high CTR, but if you don't have traffic going to the article in the first place, how much is that CTR going to mean?

Using appropriate anchor text helps your article's SEO which, in time, will allow it to rank better in search engines providing you wrote a quality article with a good keyword density.

You need a good CTR and traffic.

brada7x, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  6. weirdcreativetype

weirdcreativetype Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't used EZA in about six months but all of my articles that have a 40%+ CTR just have a simple call to action like this...

... I didn't post that example at EZA, I just wrote it off the top of my head. I don't think they'd like my language, but that's the format.

The simple "Click here to check it out: LINK URL" at the end has always got at least a 30% CTR for me personally. This kind of resource box has always crushed anything with strategic anchor text, but do some testing for yourself and see what happens. :)

Doesn't help much for SEO/backlink purposes but if you're just trying to get your article ranked for a specific term rather than getting your website ranked, it works like a champ to get clicks through to your website.

I used to do this for low competition terms (i.e. those that have like 10,000 competing pages) before I start doing PPC.

Hope that helped.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
    weirdcreativetype, Dec 5, 2009 IP
    jacky8 likes this.
  7. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @weirdcreativetype: Thanks for that. +rep
    I have myself used something like that a few times like I said in my post earlier.
    The fact is that most people don't read whole of the article and it seems like they are always looking for ways to exit the page via adsense, the article resource box url, another related article or they simply exit the page.

That was a good example. I don't ever submit at EZA for SEO purposes, I just need high traffic. There are various other ways to do SEO :)

So the thing is that we have to have a Strong Call For Action and something interesting to get them to click on our URL. One little thing that increases CTR for me is the location of anchor link at the start of the sentence rather than in the middle or at the end. And if both the links are at the start of two sentences like i showed above, it definitely catches more attention and leads to better CTRs.

jacky8, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  8. MarkUSA

MarkUSA Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but is there a downside to posting the article on your own website and submitting it to EZA at the same time? I do realize that the article will appear on your web site first, since EZA takes time to review. What do you think?

MarkUSA, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  9. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are actually around 100 good article directories that you can use either to get traffic or to get good backlinks to your sites.

Yes, that is a nice thing to do. Go for it. Submit a good quality article on your own site. Once it gets indexed, rewrite the first few lines, change the title a bit and submit it to EZA! Yes they do take a couple of days to approve articles for platinum accounts. But you can get approval within 1 to 3 hours if you are a premium member. Premium membership costs around $60 monthly.

jacky8, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  10. MarkUSA

MarkUSA Peon

Best Answers:
    So you are saying that if add my article to my own site first and THEN submit it to EZA without changing the title and rewriting the first few lines, EZA will reject it based on duplicate content? Just making sure I undertand correctly...

MarkUSA, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  11. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, they won't reject it. It is just to make it a bit unique (good for seo).

jacky8, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  12. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a great thread, props to you jacky - I've just posted 30 articles all at once to test something on EZA and have used your guidelines - previously my average is probably 10-15% click thru so we'll see if this helps - I think it should, it seems pretty logical to me :)

Dan Bainbridge, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  13. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck for your articles. You may receive an initial rush of traffic but it may not last long if there are already some eza articles for the same keywords. In such a case, you will have to start working on the hardest part, that is building links to your articles.

jacky8, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  14. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know, I'm not in it for the SEO this time, as I think someone said recently there are better ways to do seo than manual article submission (+ I fall more on the side of building content + backlinks on your own sites rather than EZA usually) - I just want a rush of traffic all at once to test our new conversion rate as we've made a few changes, so a better clickthru should help too :)

Dan Bainbridge, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  15. jaiganesh156

jaiganesh156 Peon

Best Answers:
    nice tips.. im just wondering..

jaiganesh156, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  16. Nanashi

Nanashi Peon

Best Answers:
    Example resource box kind of copy and pasting (changing some stuff around to be more general so no one steals my niche):

I try and go with a keyword anchor text in a first sentence, then list a really astounding benefit following by the call to action. I think I get my really astounding benefits wrong about half the time though; my guess is I either choose something that's not too amazing or something that's too amazing for the bolded. Either way, I usually get 15-20% CTR.

Nanashi, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  17. jaykou

jaykou Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's an interesting resource box!!!...

jaykou, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  18. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that is a mistake. People seem to be in a hurry to get a solution to their problems. The link should not be hard to find. Your CTR is really low.

I really recommend you NOT to keep SEO in mind while writing your resource box.

Just have a strong call to action, have the benefits bolded (like you said) and keep both the anchor links at the start of the sentence. Also, try having bolded words that draw quick attention and people say Wow, I've got to check that out! I'm talking about words like secret, proven, etc.

jacky8, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  19. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend to all of you that you should stop assuming that the articles with the highest click-through rates are also necessarily the ones that get the highest number of sales. ;)

alexa_s, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  20. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello OP,

what you are saying is *basically* right - but you forgot an interesting factor. (I just recently added this to my Article Marketing Guide :) )

Marketers including me observed that sometimes articles with the same resource box can have different CTR, one article 10% and the other maybe 45%.

The reason is that you need to take into account WHO is reading the article.

If the article is a more general article, for example "Why PCs can get infected by viruses" you can expect way less CTR
    as opposed to an article like "Get Rid of the X Virus in 5 Easy Steps"

The second article might get traffic from people who have this exact problem (virus infection), they are looking for a solution ---> Higher CTR

This is why i constantly preach to provide a solution to people who have a problem!

(Of course i would assume in this example you are promoting an anti virus program and then at the end you would say
    "the best program to get rid of the X virus is link. We highly recommend it if you have the X virus)

This just as an example that there are more factors at play than simple structure of article and resource box, its really the whole thing starting with keyword research, quality of article, target needy audience, provide solution, down to your landing page. EVERYTHING should be good and well thought out.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    GeorgR., Dec 8, 2009 IP