1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10 blogs hosted on shared IP. How will Google view the Links?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by healthcare527, Dec 4, 2009.

Hello and thanks for reading. I have about 10 blogs hosted on the same IP with all original content that I use for link building to a main webpage of mine. I have heard conflicting information that shared IPs may devalue link popularity in terms of the way Google views them. Of course hosting at multiple webhosts will get expensive real quick so I need some recommendations. The support rep at my web host said something to the fact that I could purchase static IP addresses for each domain at $4 month each. Will this benefit my cause at all? I realize that shared hosting is a reality of the internet but I want to be 100% sure that I am getting the most link value I possibly can.

healthcare527, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  2. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At best, google will view them as one site linking to your main site. At worst, google will view them as a link farm.

selectsplat, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  3. healthcare527

healthcare527 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone have any advice on how I can host these domains on different IPs to avoid my links being penalized? It seems hosting each domain at a different webhost could get quite expensive.

healthcare527, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  4. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can probably buy completely different class c IP addresses, they'll just charge you a little more.

You'll also need to make sure you change all the information for each of the domain registrations as well.

If you do that, it's still possible, but I doubt your links would be discounted.

selectsplat, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  5. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your host should offer dynamic ip address for only a few cents a month. I think liquidweb charges us 2 cents per month per ip address.

jvfconsulting, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  6. The one

The one Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the posting.

The one, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  7. dbinto

dbinto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should spread them out on different IPs. Check around on DP in the hosting offers and you can find some very affordable hosting offers since you do not need much resources.

dbinto, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  8. brainet

brainet Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you dont link them together its should be right.

brainet, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  9. mluther

mluther Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't really worry about this kid ;) Host it in the same server. G understands........... :)

mluther, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  10. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google gives less weight to websites linking to eachother from the same IP yes. But even if you would buy different IP's or put them on different hosts, Google will see the websites are from the same owners because of the same WHOIs, Adsense publisher id etc..

So I wouldn't worry too much about it, just go ahead and link to your other sites (don't link too much to them though ;)) and try to get as much links from other sites too. That should combine everything and will give you the best result :D

Aquarezz, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  11. healthcare527

healthcare527 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your opinions everyone. With the WHOis domain history being published it may be a bad idea to switch IPs now.

healthcare527, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  12. Neon

Neon Peon

Best Answers:
    Contact your hosting provider and ask them for advice, they should generally offer you some sort of addon which would be more IP addresses, might cost a few more dollars/per IP/per month, but it's worth it.

Neon, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  13. YugoSlavac

YugoSlavac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a couple of websites, Google won't care. Now, if you have hundreds of websites, that could be a problem.

Yugo

YugoSlavac, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  14. kfawcett

kfawcett Peon

Best Answers:
    Using different IPs is not the only way your link juice is affected.

Source: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/17-ways-search-engines-judge-the-value-of-a-link

kfawcett, Jan 12, 2010 IP