1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Track Sales In adCenter

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by msalinas67, Nov 17, 2009.

I am completely new to affiliate marketing and need your help. I have a campaign running on adCenter and wish to track my sales conversions thru adCenter. I primarily use Clickbank and as anyone in the affiliate marketing knows...all product promotions direct you to the clickbank pay center when someone wants to purchase a product. Now my understanding of what I've read, I'm supposed to put a tracking code on this page however, I don't own the site. The only site I own is my landing page. So can anyone please help me as to how I can track my sales using adCenter? Totally confused.

Thanks! :confused:

msalinas67, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  2. row_01

row_01 Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you are trying to figure out which keyword produced a sale. You have to append unique IDs to you outbound clicks and scrape the IDs from your clickbank reports after a sale. And then combine the sale & cost data later in a separate table.

row_01, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  3. msalinas67

msalinas67 Peon

Best Answers:
    Huh???? Thanks Row 01 but I'm still confused. Remember that I'm totally new to this so can you please explain that to me a little more clearer? Thanks!

msalinas67, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  4. row_01

row_01 Member

Best Answers:
    You don't own the thankyou page, thus you can't use the tracking scripts from MSN. All you know is your batch of keywords is making sales but you want to know which one. Very common scenario in affiliate marketing.

Append a TID onto your outbound URLs to tell you which keyword generated outbound clicks. This is the only way to know which traffic produced your sales.

About the TID
    http://www.clickbank.com.xohost.com/status.php

Then once you get a sale for $82 from TID=dwoe293889239, go map that TID to the keyword and raise the bids on that keyword that's generating sales for you.

Easy enough?

row_01, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  5. msalinas67

msalinas67 Peon

Best Answers:
    K Row 01...I creatd a link with a TID for my destination URL (example:www.xxxx.yyy.clickbank.com/?key=TID). So how do I know which keyword generated a sale again? If I have 25 keywords for an ad campaign how do I know which one created it? I'm sorry for sounding like I don't know anything but the truth is that I don't. I'm trying to learn and I appreciate your help. Give me an example of how to do this please.

Thanks!

msalinas67, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  6. row_01

row_01 Member

Best Answers:
    Great, next steps are to append unique ID's to all 25 of your keyword destination URLs. Something like this:

http://www.yourlandingpage.com/?tid=00000023 for keyword #23
    http://www.yourlandingpage.com/?tid=00000024 for keyword #24

Then you put a script on your landing page that reads the tid from your landing page URL and places the TID on your outbound URLs. If you have more than one page in your funnel, you'll need to set a cookie with the TID.

Make sense?

row_01, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  7. msalinas67

msalinas67 Peon

Best Answers:
    Row 01...first of all I want to thank you for being patient with me. There's so much to learn but I want to make sure to do it right the first time. As for the instructions...I'm still a bit lost. You're saying to add unique ID's to all of my keyword destination URL's...does this mean I need to have 25 separate ad Campaigns for each keyword?
    And what do you mean by "script" to read the tid from my landing page?
    Again, thank you for being patient but I really want to learn and it seems like you know what you're doing....so PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

msalinas67, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  8. msalinas67

msalinas67 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh and I forgot to mention that my landing page is the hoplink that clickbank gave me...will this make a difference?

9. msalinas67

msalinas67 Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, I just noticed that on the keyword area there's 3 boxes you can fill in for each keyword..."Desitnation URL", "Parameter 2" and "Parameter 3". Is this where you're saying to append unique ID's to each keyword? If so...do I put it in the "Desitnation URL", "Parameter 2" or "Parameter 3".

10. row_01

row_01 Member

Best Answers:
    Sort of, simply apply keyword-level destination URLs. Hand make the TID's for each URL. The "Parameter 2" fields are a confusing thing that only Microsoft does - I'd ignore it. Again, simply make your destination URLs look like this:

http://www.yourlandingpage.com/?tid=00000023 for keyword #23
    http://www.yourlandingpage.com/?tid=00000024 for keyword #24

The hoplinks don't matter. That's normal.

Script is something written in php or asp, depending on your server language. Simply apply the script at the top of your page. Search around the web for the scripts that read URL parameters and store the values in variables. I could set it all up for you for a small fee - send me a private message if interested...

row_01, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  11. Lalita88

Lalita88 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new here, I also a newly introduced company holder. Need help for me too. I found this thread suitable. But I need more to know. All of you receive my thanks in bundle. You are requested to deliver me link for better asssurance.Thanks.:eek:

Lalita88, Dec 5, 2009 IP