1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to predict future page RANK?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by shahbaz419, Aug 16, 2006.

1. itsall3

itsall3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its all usless matey, because for the last 2 PR updates, hardley anyone has seen a new PR.

For the past 2 updates, i've had a "predict" PR5 -- but my sites stayed at 2 ;)

itsall3, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  2. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think so...

It might be your backlinks being decreased or something.
    My site was predicted PR4 and it became PR4 after the update...

sizzler_chetan, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  3. kiviniar

kiviniar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Excatly.....

rest all is crap...
    Check this out for live stats

http://www.v7n.com/forums/google-forum/25263-iwebtool-pagerank-prediction-tool.html :D

kiviniar, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  4. verbs

verbs Peon

Best Answers:
    I dunno, that checker seems like BS....it says my future page rank is a 5
    (4.6), but I've been stuck at a 1 for like 4+ months. Is this future like 5 years down the road? How often are page ranks updated?

verbs, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  5. kiviniar

kiviniar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol..... that was funny :D

well the last i remember, the longest period gap was around 90 days

kiviniar, Aug 19, 2006 IP
  6. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I meant if he writes in more content, the PR can go higher...

sixty6, Aug 19, 2006 IP
  7. SEOTeam

SEOTeam Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont care what anyone says .. Its impossible to predict page rank.

Estimating future page rank is bunk.

one word that will give you the most help you will ever receive.

LINKS!!!!!!

SEOTeam, Aug 19, 2006 IP
  8. Jordash

Jordash Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good Motivator for me lol

Jordash, Aug 19, 2006 IP
  9. pcoptimized

pcoptimized Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting read. Looks like most who have relied on the tools have found that they are pretty accurate. I do agree that PR has little value in anything, but it sure helps in selling links or ads because of perceived value. I guess also, initially it helps in getting indexed. But what gets the PR? Backlinks. And backlinks are actually what help in getting indexed. So, again, I guess PR has little to no value, other than perceived IMO.

pcoptimized, Aug 19, 2006 IP
  10. SEOTeam

SEOTeam Peon

Best Answers:
    page rank is pretty close to all percieved value. Even google's matt cutts declared that page rank is one of hundreds of factors that go into ranking a site. That little green bar is a bunch of bunk but sure helps me sell on text link ads and any contextual advertising actually.

There is know way to know every single factor that google has for ranking a site therefore if someone creates a tool its all based on opinions and assumptions and I am one of those people who have been hurt by those page rank predictions. I had a pr 1 site and I was told it was going to turn to a pr 5 and guess what.. it never happend what a shock. This really hurt me because I didnt do any seo or link building for this site becuase of that fact.

I have page rank predictions and I think anyone who develops those tools based on their own assumptions is misleading a lot of beginer seo's and webmasters.

Let me set the record straight.

IF ANYONE WANTS A HIGH PR IN GOOGLE THEN GET SITEWIDE LINKS FROM RELAVANT SITES.

SEOTeam, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  11. UBF

UBF Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know what iwebtool uses to predict the PR? Is it only based on incoming links?

UBF, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  12. shahbaz419

shahbaz419 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey iwe prediction was 100% accurate i got pr3 yesterday for http://mesotheliomacancer.tblog.com but in one place it became wrong!!
    iwe predicted a pr 4 for my another blog(http://hotnews.tblog.com) but i hav'nt got any pr for that blog inspite of having double backlinks and indexed pages can anybody tell me what the hell is this?

shahbaz419, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  13. Saiyanora

Saiyanora Peon

Best Answers:
    iwebtool gave me 3.28 and online webmaster tools says 5 :D

To be fair, I'd be happy with a PR other than 0.

Saiyanora, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  14. Jordash

Jordash Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting sitewide links have been known to hurt you if you aren't an established site yet (e.g. you haven't gotten many links or traffic yet, how do you suddenly get a million links back to your site)

Jordash, Aug 22, 2006 IP
    sixty6 likes this.
  15. SEOTeam

SEOTeam Peon

Best Answers:
    actually getting "many" site wide links is not a good thing. I said get sitewide links not MANY.

the problem with getting MANY sitewide links is that its to many inbound links from one URL which can look like linkfarming and also can look like unatural linking.

I have worked on many sites where I made my linking structure look natural i.e. getting inbound links from a range of pr's, ip's with variations on backlinks and indexed pages. The age of sites ranged and I did this on sites that just started. Brand new sites.

The ones that included a couple sites that put a sitewide link to my site pushed me to a PR6 where without only got me to a pr 4.

I never said MANY but i suggest giving it a try yourself to see what I am talking about.

Google does like site wide links. Just dont make all your back links site wides.. that would just be foolish.

SEOTeam, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  16. adamovic

adamovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, AFAIK. Most of PR prediction tool are based on the number of backlinks.
    You migh take a look into my pr prediction algorithm, although I did some corection for better prediction afterwards which are not still in the article.

adamovic, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  17. Jordash

Jordash Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that is correct, as long as you generally make it appear natural, or better yet be natural (if that's possible in SEO :rolleyes:) you'll be fine, if your just starting out (i.e. just bought your domain name) don't go and buy a sitewide link right off the bat, save it for when it would appear more natural.

Jordash, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  18. espionage

espionage Peon

Best Answers:
    PR Predicators are almost worthless. These predictions are only useful if the current algorithms by the search engines remain the same (which is not likely since there will always be ongoing tweaks and mods). Since most (if not all) of these predictors don't work with any of the search engine companies directly, their information and hence predictions would only be based solely on past trends -- which is not an indication of future performance.

espionage, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  19. SEOTeam

SEOTeam Peon

Best Answers:
    exactly.. Not to mention that we or any programmers except for the people who built the algo rythm know what exactly determines PR we are just guessing.

SEOTeam, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  20. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    I just used iwebtools on one of mine and it is showing a decrease in PR...frap!

TCR, Aug 28, 2006 IP