1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need suggestions and help: CB affiliate blog

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by alinois, Dec 3, 2009.

First of all, I want say hello to everybody, since I'm new on this forum.
    Now I'll get to the point.
    I am a CB affiliate since October and I chose to promote the products using a blog. The problem is that I haven't made any sales yet..and that concerns me.
    So I wanted to ask your opinions about my blog.
    Could it be my english? I'm not sure about how good it is, since it's my third language.
    I also noticed that I don't get much visitors (though I've done all the basic first steps to promote it). I also created a twitter account a couple of days ago, and I have 70 followers, but they very rarely visit my blog.
    Please, be as mean as you can, while judging my blog. By doing that, you can only help me.
    Thank you very much
    I almost forgot, here's the link http://youreproducts.blogspot.com/

alinois, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  2. tanakanewyork

tanakanewyork Guest

Best Answers:
    It can display on my screen, so I can't give you any advice.

Keep working and hope you make sales soon.

tanakanewyork, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  3. alinois

alinois Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you mean by that?

alinois, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  4. Anna B

Anna B Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    70 followers on twitter really isn't that much ... actually is very little, so you probably shouldn;t count on twitter. Also .. twitter for selling products (direct marketing) is a no-no... on the other hand... if you are ready to help someone (a follower) on twitter who has a dog training problem (I saw you are selling some dog training product on your site)... well this could potentially results in sale ... at least I see it that way...

it also depends how much traffic do you get on your blog, on what keywords - it does not help if you get weight loss traffic, if you are selling dog training ebook ..

Anna B, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  5. Smitten

Smitten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest I think you're wasting your time with this approach. No potential customer happens to get randomly browsing an e-book review blog looking for interesting products to spend money on. That's not how it works.

The most efficient way of making sales in clickbank is by reaching people who have a specific problem and propose a specific solution. To achieve this you need to create enticing landing pages that pre-sell and make sure they're visited by traffic that's as highly targeted as possible. What you're doing is just the opposite: typing up random solutions in the off-chance that someone might come by who happens to have that specific problem.

If I were you I'd focus on niches rather than running generalist reviews of random products. If you'd created a blog focusing a specific niche and wrote that many posts, I bet you'd have generated sales already.

Smitten, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  6. alinois

alinois Peon

Best Answers:
    yes I actually figured out that 70 is not that much, and twitter is not making any difference, for now. I use it more for promoting my blog (which is still not working).
    As for the keywords, since on my blog I promote all kind of products, I find it hard to focus on one certain keyword.
    So do you think, I shoul better start promoting just a couple of products and focus on them, instead of that hotchpotch of products I promote?

@Smitten
    I got it...so i should focus on a certain product

alinois, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  7. vincesil

vincesil Peon

Best Answers:
    I Agree with Smitten, you have to focus on 1 product and drive traffic to it either by article writing, ppc,social bookmarking and so on, as no traffic equals no sale.

vincesil, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  8. alinois

alinois Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll try it then. I'll pick a product that I belive it has a good conversion rate and start promoting it. I''m gonna make a one or two pages blog about it and focus on it.
    Do you think that's ok?

alinois, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  9. Smitten

Smitten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, that's sound reasoning. Here are some further tips you might want to consider:

1) Do some keyword research to find specific phrases related to your niche with several thousand monthly queries and not much competition.

2) Once you've got a list of 5-10 good and targeted keywords, stick a post-it with those keywords next to your screen. Those are the keywords you're going to base your subsequent writing/link building on.

3) Get a .com domain name with your exact main keyword, setup a blog, write a few posts. Optimize your content, meta tags, titles etc to the keywords you're targeting.

5) Keep regularly building links to your blog: social bookmarks, yahoo answers, leave comments in other blogs and forums (related to niche). Write up and submit content to article directories with 2-3 links aimed at your blog using the keywords in your master list.

6) After a few weeks (depending on a number of factors such as competition and the actual amount of work you put into developing your blog), you should start getting a regular stream of organic visitors. Is that all? Nope, there's always room for improvement:

7) Something in the region of 10-90% of your organic blog visitors will generate hops (sales page hits). Something in the region of 0,05%-5% of your hops will convert in sales. Keep learning, back-track and fine-tune your efforts!

Smitten, Dec 4, 2009 IP
    Dan Bainbridge likes this.
  10. alinois

alinois Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you very much...your information is priceless. I'm gonna do my best.

alinois, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  11. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great advice from Smitten there ^ (rep given) - follow that advice - keep a focus in your site and keep it simple - a simple review with a couple of graphics, and text that shows the benefits of the product along with several strategically placed hoplinks to the product within your text. Drive enough traffic to your sites / pages and you should soon learn what works and what doesn't and be able to refine it.

Dan Bainbridge, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  12. vitalous

vitalous Guest

Best Answers:
    Your third language English is better than many firsts on here! (And seconds.)

You blog has a nice generic title. I'm actually surprised it was available!

I would mix in some non-sales, news type of posts. You can add some content to each sales post in a review style, then promote them individually, since you are using the friendly URLs. (I would remove the dates though.)

vitalous, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  13. alinois

alinois Peon

Best Answers:
    I started using the advices you all gave me and I am getting much more visitors than before. I haven't made any sales yet, but I'm very positive. More than I was before

alinois, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  14. dandy8

dandy8 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty new here, but I see so much information here that can help me. Joining here is probably the best move I`ve made lately. Smitten`s list will help with some of the questions I had. Thanks

dandy8, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  15. alinois

alinois Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm back with a question..
    Lets say there is this site: www[dot]sitesname[dot]com
    and I want to know what keywords were used by people that clicked it. (in google)
    How can I do it? what free software or web service could I use?

alinois, Dec 6, 2009 IP